New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I saw a teaser on someone's instagram story that Quest released some new products. I think it said they'd be out mid-January. Hopefully it's some new protein bar flavors and not protein ice-cream or giant cookies.

Hoping it’s cotton candy. @pancakerunner any inside scoop ? ;)

They sent me an email saying that it was going to be protein cookies.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    “At 9am PT - let's blow the internet up sharing that for your New Year's Resolution - you're going to #EATMORECOOKIES. On January 2nd - we will reveal what they truly are.........!”
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I saw a teaser on someone's instagram story that Quest released some new products. I think it said they'd be out mid-January. Hopefully it's some new protein bar flavors and not protein ice-cream or giant cookies.

Makes sense. They were being sold through the quest labs thing for a while.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Darn, not very excited about this. Maybe if they had unique flavors, but they just have boring standard ones and there are so many protein cookie brands.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member

Darn, not very excited about this. Maybe if they had unique flavors, but they just have boring standard ones and there are so many protein cookie brands.

Aww, dangit. Well, if it is cookies, then Quest better put out something great. Not to mention, they are way behind on getting a cookie out, so they've had a lot of time to perfect it. I'd be okay with regular flavors. It's the macros that I'm curious about. I've always liked Quest because I feel like their products have great macros so I have high expectations. And, I'm not opposed to seeing something with a little higher calorie count than the Quest bars if the protein also goes up.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2017

Aww, dangit. Well, if it is cookies, then Quest better put out something great. Not to mention, they are way behind on getting a cookie out, so they've had a lot of time to perfect it. I'd be okay with regular flavors. It's the macros that I'm curious about. I've always liked Quest because I feel like their products have great macros so I have high expectations. And, I'm not opposed to seeing something with a little higher calorie count than the Quest bars if the protein also goes up.

If they are the same as the ones in quest lab each cookie is about 200-220 calories with 13g protein.

And here is a good review with pictures. https://moorewaystowellness.com/friday-food-finds-quest-protein-cookie/

To me they basically look like the just smooshed their bar into cookie form and baked it a bit. I do love quest bars baked and bake my own sometimes, so maybe they will taste like that. I hope not because we can just bake our own bars lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

If they are the same as the ones in quest lab each cookie is about 200-220 calories with 13g protein.

And here is a good review with pictures. https://moorewaystowellness.com/friday-food-finds-quest-protein-cookie/

To me they basically look like the just smooshed their bar into cookie form and baked it a bit. I do love quest bars baked and bake my own sometimes, so maybe they will taste like that. I hope not because we can just bake our own bars lol.

... the last picture just looks like a quest bar in a circle form. WTH Quest. That's not a cookie.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

I agree, I didn’t even like the cookies that much in the labs... they just tasted like the regular bars baked which anyone can do...

Thanks for reviewing that Cool whey ice cream though for us, I saw it pop up several times on Facebook and was curious what it would be like!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Noticed this on Candy Hunting's Instagram page... December 26th at Walmart, everyone... o:
    d50kdqkswiza.png

I got a box of the Nutter Butter today. The checkout lady saw the box and said, "No way! No way! Am I trippin?"

LMAO!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2018
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    chocohazelnutin.jpg

Went to walmart but they didn't have them. Did buy the nutter butter cereal and it was delicious!
    I posted review but it said "your comment with appear after it is approved" when I commented....
    very weird. Let me know if this happens to anyone else. I'll just retype it now..

I loved the cereal. Thanks for the reviews because it was worth the money. The taste is very similar to wegmans peanut butter puffs, but I like the shape and texture of these a lot better. I preferred the cereal without milk. It really does have a nutter butter flavor, but I would of liked to have some of the peanut butter cream in there lol.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I saw the nutter butter cereal but i'm gonna pass on it. 150 calories for 1 cup is a lot for a cereal imo and it may be harder to fit into my day. I'll just buy captain crunch
  • Cbean08
    katadx wrote: »
    I saw the nutter butter cereal but i'm gonna pass on it. 150 calories for 1 cup is a lot for a cereal imo and it may be harder to fit into my day. I'll just buy captain crunch

A cup of captain crunch is almost identical in calories. 3/4 cup of captain crunch is 110... And 150 cals for a cup is pretty standard. I find most cereal have a serving size of 3/4 c with calories from 100 to 200.

Not saying you have to eat the cereal, but 150 cals should be relatively easy to squeeze in somewhere.
  • Cbean08
    Quest released their big surprise. And yes, it is the cookies. 4 flavors - chocolate chip, double chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin.

per cookie - 250 calories, 15 grams of protein, 2g or less of sugar.

So, now it'll depend on how they taste, although from the pictures of insta, they still look like flattened Quest bars, which I'm surprised the protein count dropped. However, I love Quest so I'll give them a try.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    Looks like Talenti joined the lower calorie ice cream game, though the new flavors are closer to 450-500 calories per pint. They are using a combination of monk fruit and erythritol as sweeteners.
    g63gowga82iw.jpg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Looks like Talenti joined the lower calorie ice cream game, though the new flavors are closer to 450-500 calories per pint. They are using a combination of monk fruit and erythritol as sweeteners.
    g63gowga82iw.jpg

Oh I might have to try those, depending on the flavors. Just again worried about artificial aftertastes.

Likewise, I also can't handle artificial sweetener aftertastes well either. I was tempted to get the vanilla cinnamon as it's much different from their other flavors. The chocolate fudge swirl and mint cookie crunch are close enough to other flavors though that I don't think I'd be missing out by not trying them.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Quest released their big surprise. And yes, it is the cookies. 4 flavors - chocolate chip, double chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin.

per cookie - 250 calories, 15 grams of protein, 2g or less of sugar.

So, now it'll depend on how they taste, although from the pictures of insta, they still look like flattened Quest bars, which I'm surprised the protein count dropped. However, I love Quest so I'll give them a try.

I noticed they say they're soft baked, whereas the ones I had from the labs tasted sort of dense... if they turn out to be thicker or softer like Buff Bake cookies I'll be interested but I'm not about to spend 250 calories on a mediocre protein bar disguised as a cookie... I got an email though they're 3 for $5 today only at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Normally with protein bars I try to keep them between 160-190 calories, but the new ONE bar flavor was finally released and it's red velvet... it's 230 calories but I'm definitely making an exception for this one! I'll just bake this one into a cookie and call it a day! Cotton candy is my favorite flavor across the board, but red velvet is my very close second so it's about time! I've been destroying those Red Velvet B Up Bars since they were released so I can't wait to see how these compare! I love PowerCrunch's Red Velvet protein wafers, but they're just so darn messy and always get crushed in my monster purse haha
    27ha7rp9ej56.png

g63gowga82iw.jpg

My limit is 450 calories on dessert each night, so this falls just within my range if I choose the lowest calorie one. I am VERY excited for this, I have a lot of faith in Talenti! Not sure if it will replace my love for Halo Top and Enlightened, but it will probably be ten times better than Breyer's attempt at low calorie ice cream.