lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    Bit of a update i have heard from the doctor about my thyroids i have a appointment on the 12th and its most likely ill be in for surgery as early as the 15th. So bit of good news. Now bit of bad news i was told by income support (the people that pay for my medical trips and what not) that they may not cover my trip to see the doctor and if they dont cover it i have no way to get there.

That sucks. Do you need special transport or can you just hitch a ride with someone? Not to condone getting into cars with strangers you met on the internet, but if anyone in your area is reading...?
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what city do you live in?
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Deer lake Newfoundland
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Deer lake Newfoundland

Sorry for the long reply. I was hoping you were near Toronto. Road trip time!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Bit of a update i have heard from the doctor about my thyroids i have a appointment on the 12th and its most likely ill be in for surgery as early as the 15th. So bit of good news. Now bit of bad news i was told by income support (the people that pay for my medical trips and what not) that they may not cover my trip to see the doctor and if they dont cover it i have no way to get there.

That's terrible. Are there any nonprofit organizations, service clubs, church groups, etc. in your area that might provide funds for your trip or transport you themselves?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    bametels wrote: »

That's terrible. Are there any nonprofit organizations, service clubs, church groups, etc. in your area that might provide funds for your trip or transport you themselves?

I can look into it but i dont think there is only thing i no for is the 50+ club

• bjcrewe
    Options
    Deer lake Newfoundland

Sorry for the long reply. I was hoping you were near Toronto. Road trip time!

Unfortunately not on a island in the middle of nowhere. I should have stayed in bus when i was there in 2016 i would not have a then.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    If i dont get any head way with my mha tomorrow I'm going to start asking friends and family for donations for me to go (has very few friends irl and most my family only cares enough to be noisy)
  • GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You could set up a "Gofundme" account. I am sure there are many people who would help out with a few dollars...
  • GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You could set up a "Gofundme" account. I am sure there are many people who would help out with a few dollars...

You mean like this

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-go-to-doctor-appointment

Ill give it a shot but i dont think those things really help.

It can't hurt either
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options

You mean like this

I can spare a few to help get you there, is that your post?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    boredloser wrote: »

You mean like this

I can spare a few to help get you there, is that your post?

Yes this is mine
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What did the MHA say?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    What did the MHA say?

I have to sign some papers and wait for him to look into it

• bjcrewe
    Options
    More or less by the time they look into it and decide to help or not and even if they can help by the time i get the money for travel it will be past the date of my appointment