What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Me and the kids went to see pitch perfect 3 today. Sorry, I don't do vegan talk

What does vegan talk mean and how does it relate to a movie?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Avocados are a fruit (right?) So what would guacamole be?

Effin' Delicious.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I actually need help with this mfp'ers

wtf is the 'hug' button for? It bothers me, I don't get it. Unless its for sympathy?

If I 'woo' anyone know that it means awesome to me or one up from awesome which is how I used to use it. Like awesome + maybe brazen + I respect your opinion and you stating it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

wtf is the 'hug' button for? It bothers me, I don't get it. Unless its for sympathy?

If I 'woo' anyone know that it means awesome to me or one up from awesome which is how I used to use it. Like awesome + maybe brazen + I respect your opinion and you stating it.

for the very best compliment, we really do need a reach-around button to accompany the hug button, don't we?
  • cee134
    Options

Hug is sympathy. I use it as awesome too but that's only because it replaced the awesome button. I think the hug button works better in the regular forums then here.

Same with Woo, they made it fit for the rest of the forums and not here.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

for the very best compliment, we really do need a reach-around button to accompany the hug button, don't we?

hahaha!!

Love it!! Super creepy really
    I'm gonna use 'hug' in a pervy sense from now on...If I ever have occasion to!!
    cee134 wrote: »

Hug is sympathy. I use it as awesome too but that's only because it replaced the awesome button. I think the hug button works better in the regular forums then here.

Agree, makes sense, they must not be thinking of chit chat...only place I look at anymore tho.

I just don't know what to press when I want to awesome something now...woo or hug (ick)
  • cee134
    Options

hahaha!!

Agree, makes sense, they must not be thinking of chit chat...only place I look at anymore tho.

I just don't know what to press when I want to awesome something now...woo or hug (ick)

I use inspiring, but I've done that for awhile now. I don't mind hugging people that say something awesome either.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

hahaha!!

I use inspiring, but I've done that for awhile now. I don't mind hugging people that say something awesome either.

Haha!! I'm too literal! Hug is too intimate or else a forced social nicety that I endure!

That's why I liked 'woo'...it's ambiguous until they changed the *kitten* graphic!!
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I have to add that what I say is a joke in here when I'm being silly. Oh well, if you get it and laugh, good. If not, I hope you think I'm weird and don't contact me :smirk:

Is this a joke?

You think I'm weird, don't you?

Why did you answer my question with another question?

Is it OK that I just wanted to know?

Are you weird?

You're not going to message me, are you?

Is that what I'm supposed to do? I'm new here, are you from Texas?

Do you want me to be from Texas?

Yes! Is that even a question?

Guess I didn't have to ask, did I?

Did you know that I was hoping you'd be wearing a cowboy hat next time I saw your profile pic?

lja98mkgcrw5.jpg

What if I said that I don't actually own a cowboy hat?
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I have to add that what I say is a joke in here when I'm being silly. Oh well, if you get it and laugh, good. If not, I hope you think I'm weird and don't contact me :smirk:

What if I got it, laughed, and think you're weird? May I contact?

Yes. Please contact fellow weirdo :*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    What a great day its been
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Starting my day
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wonder why they're called suicide victims when they're also the perpetrators.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

This is completely insensitive and you miss the mark completely on why most people commit suicide

It's more of a grammar and semantics question, really.

I'm not sure how you got the impression I was exploring why people commit suicide. Sorry if that triggered you.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I don't think that many or most people wake up and go "Well, it's Wednesday. I'm going to take my own life today." It's a long period of sadness, torment, dispare, hopelessness, etc. They are just as much victims as the families they leave behind. I can understand initial anger or sadness, but it comes down to understanding why someone came to this point that taking their own life was their only option.

People with mental health problems are often vulnerable. It's cruel to taunt them or poke fun at them.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    Wow, talk about a sensitive topic.
    Apologies. I may be too literal of a person, wondering about the labels associated.
    Depression is no joke. I'm certainly not taunting to making fun of anyone.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    @sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Being a victim of your own mind and inner demons is what brings most people to suicide. A mentally stable person last resort would be suicide.

Thank you, by the way. That does explain how they are more victim than "do-er." I always appreciate logical answers over SJW emotional ones.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Being a victim of your own mind and inner demons is what brings most people to suicide. A mentally stable person last resort would be suicide.

Thank you, by the way. That does explain how they are more victim than "do-er." I always appreciate logical answers over SJW emotional ones.

Yes, that’s what I was doing. If you ever lose a friend to suicide, you can come back with a little bit of grace.