WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    This morning had terrible heartburn. Chest so tight could feel my pulse inside my ear canals. Sweating and nausea. Thought I might be having a heart attack. 2 Tums and all's ok. (Hypochondria, gotta luvvit.) Been having more bouts recently, thought it might be GERD but doesn't happen when I lie down, but when I first get up. Could it be a reaction to my morning tea? Ohhh nooooo!

MissKmorgan your picture could be a Christmas Card... but -20??? Yow.
    Machka you are always ahead of the leading edge ;)
    Lisa 15F in NC, that's nuts! My friend near Tampa Florida reported snow this morning. SMH.
    Penny sorry for the many pages delays in my responses, result of my max 20 min / pc session resolution ;) Added Merino wool gloves (liners?) to my Amazon wish list. My hands burn with cold even in this most temperate climate. Thanks!
    Beth "... just act stupid" boy do I resemble that remark.
    Barbie Just requested Happiness Project from library and picked up Better Next Year on CD. Really getting a lot out of it. Thank You!

Dang, there goes that timer again! Later,

Mindful Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    This group is growing so fast. It is 20 here today and that is a heat wave compared to the last weekend. My goal or word for this year is One step at a time. I need to stop and think and not get carried away by stress and things I can't control. DH and are going to do things for us and not try so hard to please the children. They are adults and a couple have been keeping track of what we do, with who, and when. So the first part of December we took a 3 day trip to Roswell New Mexico and had a blast. Neither one of us had ever been to Texas or New Mexico. In April 2 of our grand daughters have national dance in Rochester and we plan to go to that and then take a couple days and go up into Canada as we have not been there and years ago we talked about going. So working on getting pastports. Trying to line up copies of birth records is fun.

Sharon--Sending hugs and prayers.

Meg--Think of you often and keeping you and husband in prayer.

Allie--Haven't seen you post last couple days. Hope things are still going well. Your place and puppy sound great. So sorry to hear about your dad. Keeping you all in prayer.

Well ladies have a good rest of the day. Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Despite running the pool all night we got a cracked pipe. Just dripping right now and since it’s going to freeze another two nights we will wait until this weekend to fix it unless it flat-out bursts. It was 36 last night and today has gotten up to 35. Saturday we expect 68. Now that is a crazy temperature swing!

Marcelyn
    Who is glad she has cold country roots so she isn’t acting like she’s dying of the cold like much of Houston!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    This morning had terrible heartburn. Chest so tight could feel my pulse inside my ear canals. Sweating and nausea. Thought I might be having a heart attack. 2 Tums and all's ok. (Hypochondria, gotta luvvit.) Been having more bouts recently, thought it might be GERD but doesn't happen when I lie down, but when I first get up. Could it be a reaction to my morning tea? Ohhh nooooo!

Mindful Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Barbara
    - check out "esophageal spasm". I've had it a couple times in the past year or so - it's not chronic. But it is scary!! :'(

Diagnosed it myself from the internet, lol. mayoclinic.org is a good source of information.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies, come and chat often <3<3<3<3 NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I just learned a new weather term:

"bombogenesis"
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I like the Mayo Clinic website too. It’s my go to place when I have a question.

Karen, Olivia is so darn cute.

Lenora, glad to hear you were able to get the meds you need until your appointment.

Terry awaiting the storm in VT
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I can’t find where I got the all time States on the app. I’ll keep looking!

I thought it might be an app thing because I couldn't find it on the website. :) That's OK, I don't use the app. It takes up too much space on my phone.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Machka: what is that beautiful flower?

It's a protea ... as it matures, it unfurls. When I took that photo a few days ago, it was on the verge of unfurling, and now it is fully unfurled.

Machka in Oz

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I just learned a new weather term:

"bombogenesis"

Love it, I may have to steal that!! Lol

Janetr OKC
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good lunch suggestions Machka. I will ponder them and see what i can come up with for myself. Our office kitchen only has a microwave, fridge and kettle and I don't use microwaves as I believe it kills everything good in your food. So basically I can't cook or heat anything at work. But maybe if I take a couple of bags of ready salad and some tins of salmon to work on Mondays I could always have something to eat...and maybe take fruit and nuts for snacking on. If I shop on Sundays and take it in Mondays...might work. Just got to think and plan ahead!
    hosfxha78oxa.gif

Wendy