WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,491 Member
    Went to the deep water class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD that I have.

M - I don't let MFP add in my exercise calories. If I go over, I just consider it a "buffer". My weakness (well, one of them) is eating after dinner. So far I've lost one of my holiday pounds just by not eating in the evening. Actually, my sinuses have been acting up and I've taken a decongestant that, among other things, makes me not want to eat.

Welcome everyone new! Some people just have time to skim the posts. No one is offended. You do what you can do. We just love having you here.

I stopped at the Salvation Army and saw this DVD titled Gilad's 45/45 Split. I'm SURE I have one by that name, but I didn't recognize the pictures. So for 99 cents, I figured I'd buy it. Got home and for the life of me I can't find my copy of it to see if it's the same.

Lanette - that's really interesting about the bp readings. I never thought of that. Can't say that I really see a difference between fall and winter readings, but makes sense.

Barbara - the Green Room is our local community theater. I primarily volunteer in the box office and sometimes do ushering.

Meg - we went to see "The Last Jedi". Liked it but Vince thought there was a little too much mysticism in it.

Ceramics tonight. Vince thinks he'll finish his part of the lighthouse welcome sign, then it's back to my part.

Michele in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 862 Member
    Sharon, your little helper is just adorable! and yeah, I guess you can't really tell Greysyn that Grandpa is being a d1ckhead..... Unfortunate.
    Beth, I too am not uneducated, I just act stupid! (love that, btw!). I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight, but sometimes the call of the cookie is just to great to resist! lol
    Lisa, certainly seems like a really good time to be able to work from home! Holy smokes that's a lot of bodies that are going to be trying to get places!
    Was at the gym, bright and early, have to admit it feels good to have it all done and I have done a bit in my craft room too! Should go down and do some dishes, the stuff that doesn't go in the d/w is starting to pile up. It's a small pile, but I don't have huge amounts of counter space, so..... I do have more than in our previous house, but I'm trying to not clutter the counters with huge amounts of "stuff".
    Well, it's early for lunch, but I had breakfast quite early too, so think I will do something about that, then do dishes, then DH and I have app'ts with our GP. Just routine stuff this time....
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,159 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,650 Member
    Wendy - The poo sticks are an alternative to a colonoscopy I believe. Much cheaper. You have to smear a tiny bit of your poo on some little plastic windows on three separate occasions and put it in an envelope and send it off to be tested for blood in stools. :o:o:o It was much easier than I'd imagined and Katla gave me courage. :D<3
    DH refuses to do it because he has piles which sometimes bleed so he doesn't want a false positive.
    My word for 2018 is STRETCH. That is a big stretch for me!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 477 Member
    January 2018 Accountability
    Tuesday - Jan 2nd

1. Carbs 75g max with no more than 25g per meal. [176g]
    ✔2. Fiber 30g. [41g]
    ✔3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    4. Vegetables - eat a big veggie salad at least once a day.
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    6. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking & get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter - daily mission.
    ✔9. Dress to shoes daily.

Well... at least I'm getting dressed and getting fiber and completing my MFP food tracker.

I didn't eat after 9pm and got into bed by 10:30pm. Then hubs came to bed and snored and SNORED. I got aggravated and got up and hit the cookies and cream cheese. (But... I showed a loss this morning. We'll see if it shows up tomorrow. Actually I'm probably shedding fluids.)

Today.... I'm putting my inner brat on point. We will cut the sugary carbs and not eat after 9pm.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,650 Member
    edited January 2018
    KJ - Sue dew and Cathy - Fantastic! What a great meet up! :D<3<3<3 Yes, we are real! :laugh:

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,613 Member
    edited January 2018
    Becca - such great before and after photos of your husband! I'm so glad everything is going well for him. I had to laugh at the dog comments - sounds very familiar with them either wanting to play or reclaiming their couch, lol. That's what it's like at our house!

Happiness is a warm puppy, lol. As long as it's housebroken and done teething!

A friend gave me an "oils mister" like a humidifier - I'm going to copy and paste that vodka poster and email it to her - tell her we found a new fragrance!

Heather - good for you taking the poo test. I'll stop by my doc's office one of these days and pick up a kit and get it overwith :s

Lanette
    Cool but sunny SW WA State
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,598 Member
    This morning had terrible heartburn. Chest so tight could feel my pulse inside my ear canals. Sweating and nausea. Thought I might be having a heart attack. 2 Tums and all's ok. (Hypochondria, gotta luvvit.) Been having more bouts recently, thought it might be GERD but doesn't happen when I lie down, but when I first get up. Could it be a reaction to my morning tea? Ohhh nooooo!

MissKmorgan your picture could be a Christmas Card... but -20??? Yow.
    Machka you are always ahead of the leading edge ;)
    Lisa 15F in NC, that's nuts! My friend near Tampa Florida reported snow this morning. SMH.
    Penny sorry for the many pages delays in my responses, result of my max 20 min / pc session resolution ;) Added Merino wool gloves (liners?) to my Amazon wish list. My hands burn with cold even in this most temperate climate. Thanks!
    Beth "... just act stupid" boy do I resemble that remark.
    Barbie Just requested Happiness Project from library and picked up Better Next Year on CD. Really getting a lot out of it. Thank You!

Dang, there goes that timer again! Later,

Mindful Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,875 Member
    This group is growing so fast. It is 20 here today and that is a heat wave compared to the last weekend. My goal or word for this year is One step at a time. I need to stop and think and not get carried away by stress and things I can't control. DH and are going to do things for us and not try so hard to please the children. They are adults and a couple have been keeping track of what we do, with who, and when. So the first part of December we took a 3 day trip to Roswell New Mexico and had a blast. Neither one of us had ever been to Texas or New Mexico. In April 2 of our grand daughters have national dance in Rochester and we plan to go to that and then take a couple days and go up into Canada as we have not been there and years ago we talked about going. So working on getting pastports. Trying to line up copies of birth records is fun.

Sharon--Sending hugs and prayers.

Meg--Think of you often and keeping you and husband in prayer.

Allie--Haven't seen you post last couple days. Hope things are still going well. Your place and puppy sound great. So sorry to hear about your dad. Keeping you all in prayer.

Well ladies have a good rest of the day. Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Despite running the pool all night we got a cracked pipe. Just dripping right now and since it’s going to freeze another two nights we will wait until this weekend to fix it unless it flat-out bursts. It was 36 last night and today has gotten up to 35. Saturday we expect 68. Now that is a crazy temperature swing!

Marcelyn
    Who is glad she has cold country roots so she isn’t acting like she’s dying of the cold like much of Houston!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,613 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    This morning had terrible heartburn. Chest so tight could feel my pulse inside my ear canals. Sweating and nausea. Thought I might be having a heart attack. 2 Tums and all's ok. (Hypochondria, gotta luvvit.) Been having more bouts recently, thought it might be GERD but doesn't happen when I lie down, but when I first get up. Could it be a reaction to my morning tea? Ohhh nooooo!

Mindful Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Barbara
    - check out "esophageal spasm". I've had it a couple times in the past year or so - it's not chronic. But it is scary!! :'(

Diagnosed it myself from the internet, lol. mayoclinic.org is a good source of information.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Welcome newbies, come and chat often <3<3<3<3 NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    I just learned a new weather term:

"bombogenesis"
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Lanette, I like the Mayo Clinic website too. It’s my go to place when I have a question.

Karen, Olivia is so darn cute.

Lenora, glad to hear you were able to get the meds you need until your appointment.

Terry awaiting the storm in VT
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,519 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    I can’t find where I got the all time States on the app. I’ll keep looking!

I thought it might be an app thing because I couldn't find it on the website. :) That's OK, I don't use the app. It takes up too much space on my phone.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,519 Member
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Machka: what is that beautiful flower?

It's a protea ... as it matures, it unfurls. When I took that photo a few days ago, it was on the verge of unfurling, and now it is fully unfurled.

Machka in Oz

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    I just learned a new weather term:

"bombogenesis"

Love it, I may have to steal that!! Lol

Janetr OKC
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Thanks for the good lunch suggestions Machka. I will ponder them and see what i can come up with for myself. Our office kitchen only has a microwave, fridge and kettle and I don't use microwaves as I believe it kills everything good in your food. So basically I can't cook or heat anything at work. But maybe if I take a couple of bags of ready salad and some tins of salmon to work on Mondays I could always have something to eat...and maybe take fruit and nuts for snacking on. If I shop on Sundays and take it in Mondays...might work. Just got to think and plan ahead!
    hosfxha78oxa.gif

Wendy