**Team Body Rock - August Challenge** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Man those up downs are hard, had to do them in 4 sets of 10, Pheweeee! But .. they're done!! Hurrah!

This is one set of excercises I am not looking forward to
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, hope everything is going good !!
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    Rachypompa - I bought trail mix and sesame sticks to snack on. The trail mix is particularly good and just a small amount bumps up the calories. I'll be mad if I don't lose this week because I didn't eat enough!! Although each day I had a gross of at least 1200, I stuck to that to be sure. Here's hoping!
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey team!! How are we doing so far? The 1st week is almost in the bag :D. IDK about you guys but those up & downs were killer. I did 50 because I thought it said 50 lol.
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    My stomach is feeling the effects of the Burpees today! I'm going to take it fairly easy today. I want to run for 28mins tomorrow and my knee is starting to play up! ................. what's today's challenge....... oh, push-ups. WE CAN DO IT!!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi Body Rockers!

Tough day for me today, I was over my calories after dinner, so inspired by our team challenge I went for a run ... back under now and sooooooooo tired ... need to go to bed, boot camp in the morning ...

Anyway, I've done my push ups, under my calories and plenty of water .... Thank you and good night!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Man those up downs are hard, had to do them in 4 sets of 10, Pheweeee! But .. they're done!! Hurrah!
    Me, too! Those were killer... but WE DID THEM! :bigsmile:
  • SouthernCityChic
    SouthernCityChic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • ashley_7979
    Options
    Here's a link to my favorite recipe....Baja Taco Blitz...enjoy!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=324500
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Next week is going to be killer I hope I can do it.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    And does our extra mile in the daily challenges count towards our hundred miles overall?

I've worked out that I can drop/ pick up my boy from school 5 times this week. I can't do it every day as I'm working fulltime atm. (I don't usually work fulltime). Each of those is 4km, so by not driving to school I can add an extra 20km to my weekly distance (I find it mind blowing that just by walking/ running with my boy to school I can add in so much extra exercise!) ... which is just over 12 miles ... so I'll say I'll do 10 miles! My boy will love racing me on his bike or scooter!!

Looking good today ....
  • Kat_1
    Kat_1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I can do 10 miles this week.
  • Kat_1
    Kat_1 Posts: 27
    Options
    This is my favorite comfort food recipe. Skip the sour cream and chips and add frozen corn for a healthier version.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/southwestern-chicken-soup-10000000780308/index.html
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Favorite Recipe - Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Island-Pork-Tenderloin-Salad-108103

For 1/6 of the recipe - it works out to be about:
    556 Calories
    13 g Fat
    39 g Protein
    51 g Carbohydrate

Oh - and I can pick up 10 miles as well...
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm leaving you guys sorry with my oldest off school for another 3weeks and a clingy 10month old sometimes I barely have time in the day to go to the loo like even writing this I'm having to stop every min to stop one of them from crying or fighting.

Add to that I dont know any of the tasks and I'm to useless to do them anyway. I don't want to let the team down so I'm leaving so you can get someone decent in.

Sorry
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I can do 3 extra miles this next week for a total of 6 miles

Favorite Recipe ~ Tami's Low Cal Chocolate Popcorn Treat

3 cups air popped popcorn (plain)
    1 tsp rainbow sprinkles (cake topping)

Let popcorn cool slightly before sprinkling with rainbow sprinkles. Candies will melt, making a great salty/sweet low calorie treat.

Calories: 113
    Fat: <1
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 0
    Potassium: 72
    Carbs: 21
    Fiber: 1
    Protein: 1
    Sugars: 3
    Iron: 1%

does the recipe just go in our team's forum or in the general forum as well??
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Mmmmm Tami, that sounds yum!

I'm all good for today, under my calories (atm - though hubby has just gone to buy some chocolate, but I still have 200calories so I should be safe!), done my squat lunges, just necking some water as we speak!!

Fav. recipe is a difficult choice, so this is one I'd like you to give a go if you've never tried or think you don't like lentils!

Lentil Salad

225g (8 oz) of puy lentils (or brown or green lentils are fine)
    1 fresh bay leaf
    1 teaspoon or red wine vinegar
    1 garlic clove
    pinch of caster sugar
    put all the above in a pan of 1.2 litres (2 pints) of water and bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 25 mins. Lentils should be tender, but not tooo soft.
    Drain then remove the garlic clove and bay leaf, and leave to cool.
    Stir the following through the cooled lentils
    1 red onion finely chopped
    50g (2oz) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
    2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
    4 tablespoons of olive oil
    100g (4oz) goats cheese or feta, chopped
    3 tablespoons of finely chopped flatleaf parsley
    salt and freshly ground pepper.
    Tastes even better if left for flavours to infuse into the lentils before eating!
    Yummy salad for a BBQ!

50g serving has: -
    121 calories
    10g carbs
    6g fat
    5g protein
    5g fibre
    1g sugar
  • rachypompa
    Options
    @Bikermum - I think sometimes it's all about having your head in the right space. I thought carefully before joining the challenge, as I'm currently working fulltime, last week I was a Stay at home mum, working 2 days a week. I wasn't sure that I would be able to manage the work and the challenge, but decided it would be good to push myself. I have found it tough, but advanced planning is the key for me. If I know the night before what we'll be having for dinner tomorrow, and when I'll fit in my exercise, 90% of the time I do it. If I don't plan ahead I have a much lower success rate. I'm not sure I could have made any part of this weight loss journey when my baby was 10 months old, that's a tough one. You know what's best for you. Good luck with your journey, but don't feel that you have to leave us just because your struggling with the challenges.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @Bikermum - I think sometimes it's all about having your head in the right space. I thought carefully before joining the challenge, as I'm currently working fulltime, last week I was a Stay at home mum, working 2 days a week. I wasn't sure that I would be able to manage the work and the challenge, but decided it would be good to push myself. I have found it tough, but advanced planning is the key for me. If I know the night before what we'll be having for dinner tomorrow, and when I'll fit in my exercise, 90% of the time I do it. If I don't plan ahead I have a much lower success rate. I'm not sure I could have made any part of this weight loss journey when my baby was 10 months old, that's a tough one. You know what's best for you. Good luck with your journey, but don't feel that you have to leave us just because your struggling with the challenges.

Thank you! I seem to be struggling with life at the moment I'm not sleeping at night because I can't switch off then during the day my little one is going through a phase of if I leave him or put him down he screams the place down add to that my 3and 6 year old I feel like I'm losing the plot. I know other people have a lot more to do than me so I shouldn't moan.

Sorry again
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone hows it going?

cant wait for weigh in Monday morning !!
    next week looks tough!

I will post my favorite recipe this evening