30 day shred followed by ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Go @MaryBethHempel

I am away from home for the festive season now, so don't have my weights. I finished week 2 of Ripped in 30, and until I am home, will be doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. BFBM is killer, I have never sweat so much in my life. Has anyone else tried it?

have to check it out

Went on Ebay and found a bunch of her dvd's...I am going to start doubling up on some days....I will get the BFBM next...I bought 6...2 ten minute ones...yoga inferno....killer arms and back....killer body...6 week 6 pack...these are all 30 min and under...

I just finished doing 30DS, 6 week 6 Pack and No More Trouble Zones. I mixed up the workouts, doing 10 days of each level of shred, 15 of each of 6w6p and 15 x's of NMTZ, just rotating the workouts and levels to keep it interesting. Level 2 of 6w6p was the biggest killer for me.

I feel FABULOUS. I'm so happy that I just happened to do a core workout for one of my first workout adventures. I had no idea going into it how much it would help my balance and posture. I feel like a totally new person physically. Not sure how much I visually improved; my "before" photos were 9 months old. I FINALLY get to start some new ones tomorrow and I'm doing Killer Arms and Back, Killer Buns and Thighs, BFBM (this one frightens me), Ripped in 30, and keeping NMTZ in the mix, because it's my favorite. So excited!

That is awesome! That is what I intend to do....mix it up...I just ordered No More Trouble Zones, Extreme Shed and Shred, and Hard body. Tonight I will order Killer abs....and just need the BFBM and the NMTZ....! I will start the Ripped in 30 days tomorrow and add something to it...So happy to hear about what you have done. I also am researching her fat burner pills...and some Garcenia Cambogia...or anything in that arena...any feedback on these would be interesting to me....

Why does BFBM frighten you? :)

I hate cardio! Since middle school I've despised that "heart gargling in my throat" feeling. But I did it last night and made it all the way through. The hardest circuits for me were the old school calisthenics and the 2nd to last one. I HATE high knees!!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck! I'll make sure to check in with you on Ripped in 30. So far have only done Killer Arms/Buns and BFBM.

I know what you mean about the cardio...LOL! Prior to Jillian, I wouldn't do any cardio because of my weight gain..I felt better about it after my sister told me to wear 2 sport bras...a huge difference. I did Ripped yesterday and Jillian did a variety of new moves, which is great as I get bored with the same exercises. I have some sore ribs that I am trying to heal so some of the exercises were difficult to do, but it is a good workout and there are 4 levels....I guess a level each week.
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    First day of Ripped done yesterday...nice to have some different exercises! I lost another pound also!!!
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 3 completed. It is really tough. I have had a break with BFBM, and a few days I could not work out at all. Hoping to get back to consistency now the festive period is over.
  • mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    First day of Ripped completed today. Was able to use 5 lbs weights through nearly the entire workout, with the exception of the reverse flies and the side lunges. I fear I will never entirely master the side lunge. I'm working out regularly for the first time in my near-40 years, so considering I thought I would die using 3's at first, I'm pretty stoked about that.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    First day of Ripped completed today. Was able to use 5 lbs weights through nearly the entire workout, with the exception of the reverse flies and the side lunges. I fear I will never entirely master the side lunge. I'm working out regularly for the first time in my near-40 years, so considering I thought I would die using 3's at first, I'm pretty stoked about that.

exactly the same with the weights and I did day 2 of Ripped!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    day 3 of ripped done....I would have done more, but my cracked ribs are healing....
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just completed my 10th and final day of Level 2 of 30 day shred. I went all out today and did every move at advanced level and burned almost 50 additional calories.
    Beginning final 10 days of Level 3 tomorrow!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    day 4 of ripped done and added some more exercises after
  • Aur0raBorealiz
    Aur0raBorealiz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im gonna start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow, feeling scared but excited :# Will maybe give Ripped a try after that. Do you recommend to do the 30 day shred first and later the ripped or does it matter? Which one of them is better?
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im gonna start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow, feeling scared but excited :# Will maybe give Ripped a try after that. Do you recommend to do the 30 day shred first and later the ripped or does it matter? Which one of them is better?

I want to start 30 Day Shred tomorrow too! I've gotten maybe halfway through it before and it worked amazingly well! I just lose motivation/use being busy as an excuse not to sweat. I'm really hoping to make it all the way through this time - I'm going on a cruise in March and want to look hot!
  • Aur0raBorealiz
    Options

I want to start 30 Day Shred tomorrow too! I've gotten maybe halfway through it before and it worked amazingly well! I just lose motivation/use being busy as an excuse not to sweat. I'm really hoping to make it all the way through this time - I'm going on a cruise in March and want to look hot![/quote]

Today it starts then! I often lose motivation also and being busy is my excuse too! Figured these are just excuses and gotta stop making them. I hope I will make it through, because I also gotta lose some weight for my trip to southern Europe in the end of March!
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    break day...my ribs hurt more today...I better be careful and let them heal a bit. BTW I had my husband crack my back with a squeeze hug, and he never did it before and ended up cracking my front ribs....OUCH...it is taking a bit to heal them...yesterday I did a little more and today can't do anything...rest time....hoping tomorrow I can get back..
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Last day of Ripped week 3, then onto week 4, it is definitely a step up from the 30 Day Shred. I am planning to do Body Revolution next. What are other people's long term goals/plans?
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Options
    I’m on my final week of Shred. Ripped is next for me. After I believe I may try the Shed and Shred I purchased last week from the dollar store. It looks as if those workouts are 45 minutes each instead of the 20-25 I’ve become familiar with.
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Today it starts then! I often lose motivation also and being busy is my excuse too! Figured these are just excuses and gotta stop making them. I hope I will make it through, because I also gotta lose some weight for my trip to southern Europe in the end of March!

Did you start today Aurora? It took a lot of self-talk, but I finally got off my *kitten* and did day 1! Proud of myself!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Last day of Ripped week 3, then onto week 4, it is definitely a step up from the 30 Day Shred. I am planning to do Body Revolution next. What are other people's long term goals/plans?

I don't think I have the Body Revolution yet...will have to check it out...I am on the 1st week of Ripped.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Day 5 of Ripped
  • Aur0raBorealiz
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Did you start today Aurora? It took a lot of self-talk, but I finally got off my *kitten* and did day 1! Proud of myself!
    [/quote]

I was going to start yday (9th Jan). Went to walk my dog after work and was going to do the day 1 after that. Bumped into my friend and her dog though and we were out walking the dog in bunch of snow for 3(!) hours! Wasnt planned, but good exercise for that day, so much fun also.

I did start today though, just finished day 1! Very proud of myself also! Gotten in so bad shape, noticed it well now..right in the beginning I was thinking how the heck Im gonna make it through the whole 20-27(?) minutes. Did it o:) Day 2 tomorrow! ;)
  • Aur0raBorealiz
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »
    I’m on my final week of Shred. Ripped is next for me. After I believe I may try the Shed and Shred I purchased last week from the dollar store. It looks as if those workouts are 45 minutes each instead of the 20-25 I’ve become familiar with.

Great job! Did you do the shred every single day for 30 days? Thats my goal, but horrified to think about working out eevery siingle daay. :#
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »

Great job! Did you do the shred every single day for 30 days? Thats my goal, but horrified to think about working out eevery siingle daay. :#

No! I did 5 days, one day off, then the next 5 days. I’m not sure 30 days in a row is what is expected as the body needs rest at some point. I plan to do Ripped in the same manner, but if I find my body screaming at me, I’ll adjust as needed. I’m in no hurry at this point as I don’t have much to lose. Being active for me hasn’t been the big issue, it’s been my calorie intake. :)