Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    I know from my cardo there is somthing to this example running in to mud or long grass adds dragging forces and can effect pace. Ohhh and wet clothing.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I would think outdoor temperature may be a factor also.

I live in the North East of England so almost always cold.

@MeanderingMammal You might like his subject and be able to add some insight?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I know running on the beach is harder too, because of the non-resistance of sand. Mud would be similar.
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    yeah definitely temperature can be a contributory factor even if it's just emotional reaction. the gym being a temperature controlled consistsntly more pleasant environment and all.... has anyone used one of the newer simulation treadmills?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    After enough crazy people manage to kill their children. Then maybe the kinesthetic diet Dogma will too.100 years of studies demonstrating this is literally a chikd killer shoul be enouth.

Ok I'm not a keto follower or even a big fan of the diet for anyone who doesn't have a medical reason to restrict carbs - but calling it "literally a child killer" seems to be a reach. Can you clarify? What studies are you referring to? Why are children impacted?
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    After enough crazy people manage to kill their children. Then maybe the kinesthetic diet Dogma will too.100 years of studies demonstrating this is literally a chikd killer shoul be enouth.

Ok I'm not a keto follower or even a big fan of the diet for anyone who doesn't have a medical reason to restrict carbs - but calling it "literally a child killer" seems to be a reach. Can you clarify? What studies are you referring to? Why are children impacted?

here is one example :

https://www.thepaleomom.com/adverse-reactions-to-ketogenic-diets-caution-advised/

I so don't want to get sucking bsck into negative back and thoth here. .. im sure sone one will cry BS as that's easy ... but 100 years of experience id there for you. Starting as a originally a treatment for children with epilepsy. So this has killed slot of young children and cause needles suffering.

I'm not a fan of keto either, but seriously? "thepaleomom"? Do you have any real sources?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10627921/how-to-cut-through-the-new-years-broscience/p1

Please read this, it will teach you how to find scientific proof and ignore the click bait sites you keep posting.

Many thanks @diannethegeek for the hard work
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    Thank you for braking that up... really thank you i needed that so much
  • 01189998819991197253Z
    Options
    A friend of a friend had a good unpopular opinion about protein shake and the "anabolic window".... we all thought she was nuts. ... she said you had to drink with im 5 minutes of starting your cool down AND any longer would limit effectiveness of the supplementation.
  • russelljam08
    russelljam08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

here is one example :

https://www.thepaleomom.com/adverse-reactions-to-ketogenic-diets-caution-advised/

I so don't want to get sucking bsck into negative back and thoth here. .. im sure sone one will cry BS as that's easy ... but 100 years of experience id there for you. Starting as a originally a treatment for children with epilepsy. So this has killed slot of young children and cause needles suffering.
    7Rbp1.gif
This discussion has been closed.