"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Happy New Year!!! Today is the start of 2018 and another stab at resolution for many people to lose weight! My expectation is that I'll have to get my stuff done early and that the gym will be really busy today. Also should expect a list of new clients, but that's based on availability for me. Off to the gym now!

Cardio:run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Big party last night so I didn't bother counting at all. So much fun last night with our Disney Theme dressup!
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

I finally hiked up Mission Peak yesterday (like 5.5 miles but 2000 foot elevation change). Was super great but left me sore this morning for sure.

Cardio: 20min jog, light (10:00 min/mile pace)

Strength: SL Workout B — Squats 5x5, Overhead press 5x5, Deadlift 1x5 + crunches and planks in between sets

Assessment: Staying on track with food and lifting. Looking into other things to do on my non-lift days to supplement.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a mountain bike today, ready for pick up Thursday. Cant wait to get my ride on and mix up cardio on rest days.

CARDIO: 14,917 steps (11.3klm)

STRENGTH:
    OHP: 3x8
    Band Assisted Pull up: 3x8
    DB Upright Row: 4x10
    Lying Leg Curl: 4x10
    Calf Raise: 4x10

ASSESSMENT:
    First time doing pull ups, felt like a performer from cirq du sole for the first few reps
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 this evening. So it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but I expect it will be today! I joined a Dietbet yesterday to just help me challenge myself a little more this month. I've won previous ones, but with the holidays, my weight fluctuated up a few pounds.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Back on track and even dropped a couple of pounds overnight!
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Happy Wednesday. Last day of holidays for me, back to work tomorrow. Not a bad thing at least I'll have some structure again sad to say.

CARDIO: 8296 steps (6.43klm)

STRENGTH: Rest Day

ASSESSMENT:
    Low key kind of day at home being a domestic gladiator. Corn beef and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 5 tonight. Oddly enough, the rush wasn't as big as I expected. Had to alter some of my clients exercises but only for a few.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken salad for dinner.
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    Hey guys

Cardio: 20min treadmill HIIT

Strength: squats 5x5, bench press 5x5, bent over row 5x5, crunches 5x20, planks 4x1:00

Assessment: joined a new gym today with better equipment and thus lifted in a power rack for the first time! I was pretty lost and a kind, seasoned gentlemen noticed and helped me set myself up. What a kind sir.

Also tried out brazillian jiu-jitsu for the first time yesterday and excited to pursue it further. :)

Eating more on lifting days and eating in deficit on other days to burn off some body fat.

Chili, turkey dogs, and cauliflower rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Zeuggma wrote: »
    Hey guys

Cardio: 20min treadmill HIIT

Strength: squats 5x5, bench press 5x5, bent over row 5x5, crunches 5x20, planks 4x1:00

Assessment: joined a new gym today with better equipment and thus lifted in a power rack for the first time! I was pretty lost and a kind, seasoned gentlemen noticed and helped me set myself up. What a kind sir.

Also tried out brazillian jiu-jitsu for the first time yesterday and excited to pursue it further. :)

Eating more on lifting days and eating in deficit on other days to burn off some body fat.

Chili, turkey dogs, and cauliflower rice for dinner.
    Talk about a great workout along with realife way to defend yourself!!!! I've done BJJ and my BIL is an instructor, so I know how fun it can be. Too bad he lives too far away from me to do it with him everyday.

• Skee_2802
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey people,

You'll be that seasoned guy at the gym in no time @Zeuggma

CARDIO: 11,384 steps (+ 20 mins bike ride)

STRENGTH:
    bench press: 3x9
    Squat: 3x9
    Seated row: 3x10
    Bicep curls: 3x15
    Triceps ext: 3x15

ASSESSMENT:
    salad, beans and kanga mince for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Most of my clients are back from holiday vacation now, so back to the grind!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak, vegetables and rice.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    T.G.I.F

I returned back to work this week on Thursday but felt like I worked the whole week. Lol

CARDIO: 60 bike ride

STRENGTH: rest day

ASSESSMENT: Eggs, lentils and salad.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF and LCW!!! 3 clients then the rest of the day off. Now I can play Xbox the rest of the day!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Lamb, vegetables and rice for dinner!
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    Friday at last!!! My 4day work week felt like forever, so i feel you, skee.

Cardio: 20min jog

Strength: squats 5x5, overhead press 5,5,5,4,5, deadlift 1x5, crunches 4x25, planks 3x1:00

Assessment: BJJ yesterday. Sad im already failing in my stronglifts, but kind of expected to fail the overhead press quickly as it's my weakest lift. Need to review proper form and not do crunches/planks in between those sets. Realizing i might need to eat more to continue the program properly but still tryna burn body fat.

Chicken greek salad for lunch. Taco bowls for dinner.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Saturday All,

Cardio: 6991 steps

strength
    DB incline press: 3x15
    Leg Ext: 2x15
    Seated Row: 3x15
    DB lateral raise: 3x15
    Lying leg curl: 3x15
    Calf raise: 3x15

Assessment:
    Hot day hitting 39 degree celsius (102) & managed to get my workout done early in the AM before the heat set in. Tomorrow's Outlook is going to be slightly hotter at 45 degree temps expected. Prob cook lunch on the footpath it'll be that hot lol. Fish, beans and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients today because I'm under the weather! Don't know where I got it, but it's put me down, so I'm gonna recover over the weekend.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Vietnemese for dinner.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Holy cow ya'll are kickin' it!! Keep it up!

I have been stuck in FAHREEZING Florida weather. Heck some places even had snow! Came down here from Pittsburgh so you would think I would breeze right through. Not so! I don't own the winter wear anymore LOL.

Cardio - walk/jog ~ 30 min = 150 cals roughly. BRRRRR. Was slow and uncomfortable but I did it anyway.

Strength - Kettlebell swings 10/10/20
    Goblet squats 3/5/20

Assessment - Not horrible. LOL. Definitely need to get back to normal for me. Roasted chicken with veggies for dinner tonight!
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey ho!! How"s everyone doing?

Cardio ~ kinda lol. Today is rest day for me but I still like to do a little something to keep my head in the game! I rode my bike today for about 30 min. Nice leisurely pace and just enjoyed the pretty day. And I did not freeze so bonus for that!

Strength ~ Nada

Assessment ~ Good eating today. Within goal. Pork chops and roasted cauliflower for dinner tonight.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@Catawampous I'd be happy to swap for colder weather right now. We hit 45.4 degrees Celsius (113.72) yesterday just too hot to do anything strenuous. Today was better at 39.. It's weird, anything under 40 is bearable but as soon as the temp starts with the number 4, all bets are off lol.

CARDIO: 18,170 steps (13.6klm)

STRENGTH:
    Bench press: 3x6
    Squat: 3x6
    Deadlift: 3x6
    Bicep curl: 3x10
    Bicep ext: 3x10

ASSESSMENT: Form felt good and pull a PR on deads so was happy with that. Mango mince & salad for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 3 clients this morning and then 5 tonight. I was under the weather the whole weekend and am still not 100%. Lol, it's true the older you get the longer time it takes to recover. DD back to school, so that also means I'm back to yard duty.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Didn't eat that well, but I'm still down a few pounds from a week ago.
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    Another day, another workout.

Cardio: 20min jog

Strength: squats 5x5, bench press 5x5, barbell row 5x5, planks 5x1:00

Assessment: got a baby cold over the weekend and skipped some weekend activities but feelin a bit better today. Starting to incorporate whole grain anf starchy carbs on lifting days only.

Shrimp, eggplant, mushoom, onion, and brown rice for dinner.