Worst Thing You have been Witness to at the Gym!

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    This isn't the worst, but it is the funniest-to me!

I was around 40, 168 pounds but more importantly completely out of shape. Could hardly get out of bed let alone work out. Suffice it to say I was very timid and avoided even talking to anyone there.

Having worked out on the treadmill for weeks and hitting a plateau, my trainer friend told me to hit the eliptical machine.

Sure. No problem. I get on and do 1 minute.....ONE and I thought. "I am going to die, right here!" Of course I do not die, so I decide to work my way up 1 minute at a time. It will teach me patience and increase my confidence.

After about 2 weeks I am up to 10 minutes. Ten minutes of HELL:noway: I 'think' I am barely making it to the next 1 minute increment.

So one night I am on the machine next to a hottie in her 20s hittin git hard. I get on feeling old and fat. I get going and after just 2 minutes I am bright red and sweating like crazy. About the 10th minute, when I know I have 1 more to go.........I really cute young guy walks down the isle of elips and stops in front of mine.

I think "Oh great he can SEE I am the one that is going to be done the quickest! I must look so old and crappy to him he is just going to stand there and make me feel like crap!:angry: "

Well...........I showed him, as I pushed on harder and faster. The longer he stood there, the harder I tried. I worked and worked-thinking all along..........."GO AWAY before I DIE!:mad: "

20 minutes later I finally see he is getting ready to go. I get off the machine and I am so worked up I say to this poor guy "Gave up huh? Thought the old fat ***** was going to be done in a minute HUH?????"

He looks at me :huh: " No Hon, I was waiting for my girlfriend on the machine next to you!!" And the two of them walked away!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually LOL when I remember that night. It also comes in handly when I am thinking I can't do something!!
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    After reading all of these, laughing at some, being grossed out by others, I'm glad my gym doesn't have locker rooms. Thankfully they only have private bathrooms with showers in them.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Years ago, there was a girl at my gym who came in every single day and got on the bike with a 6 pack of Pepsi, which she would finish during her hour plus workout. Never understood that one. :noway:

The worst thing though was a very clearly anorexic girl who was at the gym at any and every time of day I showed up there, doing cardio. I think the owners finally limited her access or revoked her membership because she was really scaring everyone for her health. :sad:
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump for later

I had to stop at the butt hole scratching sniffing post. That's just too much at 8:30 in the morning.....
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    worst thing:

while i had my hair up, no makeup, sweating, doing weight reps on my inner/outer thighs, I looked to the left of me where all the hand weights are (3 lb-... a really high number :P ) ,
    I saw a girl who had ONE 3lb weight , lifting it with BOTH of her hands, but that wasn't what bugged me...
    it was the fact that she had perfectly curled hair, a tonnn of makeup on, a hat on, with a ton of jewellery on, etc making it look like she was prissed up to pick up a date rather than workout.... while only lifting a 3lb weight with both her hands..

:noway: When people do things like this, I feel like they are waisting my personal time. We go to the gym to look cute down the road, not to look cute while we're there! :explode:
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman walking at the track eating chocolate ice cream!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl waltz into the gym with her friend, with a Dunkin' Donuts Coolata in hand (with whipped cream,) hop on the tread mill and set the incline all the way up, and walk, holding onto the top of the machine for dear life, for about 5 minutes. Then she jumped off, took a huge swig of the coolata, walked over to the free weights section, picked up a curl bar, did what I can only think is the worst attempt at a curl I've ever seen. I can't even describe it. After 3 reps, she put the weight down, drank the rest of her collate, and left with her friend. I think they were there for maybe 10 minutes. I was flabbergasted. :laugh:

I think the curl only looked bad to me because her friend had perfect form next to her. :laugh:
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I cant think of any but god these are good!
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    ...vodka...in the water bottle... you could smell it from the next machine... that's when you KNOW you need help!
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    Bump. I want new stories, lol. Shamelessly hoping. :laugh:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    This isn't *bad*, just bizarre.

The woman on the elliptical in front of me last year was eating FRENCH FRIES while working out. I'm not joking. She had a to-go box from somewhere and was chomping away!

The "Burn them as you go" method perhaps?

Talk about fast food to go
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    worst thing:

while i had my hair up, no makeup, sweating, doing weight reps on my inner/outer thighs, I looked to the left of me where all the hand weights are (3 lb-... a really high number :P ) ,
    I saw a girl who had ONE 3lb weight , lifting it with BOTH of her hands, but that wasn't what bugged me...
    it was the fact that she had perfectly curled hair, a tonnn of makeup on, a hat on, with a ton of jewellery on, etc making it look like she was prissed up to pick up a date rather than workout.... while only lifting a 3lb weight with both her hands..

:noway: When people do things like this, I feel like they are waisting my personal time. We go to the gym to look cute down the road, not to look cute while we're there! :explode:

Well unlike the girl you mentioned above I do work my *kitten* off and most of the time I have my make up made. The reason for this is because I'm barely getting out of work or comig from a meeting. Most of the time ( lately all the time) I have my workout clothes in my truck so I do a quick change and come straight to the gym. I'm sure people think I get ready just to workout but they just don't know I actually have a real life outside of the gym so any little time I have left I devote it to exercise.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    -I once saw a male with breast implants walking on a treadmills in heels! =O I was like WOW!!! It was a sight to see!
    -Then once a dude was sweating so bad on the stairmaster it was flying onto other people and causing a HUGE puddle that was leaking everywhere! Like 3 gym staff had towels &were trying to mop it up while he was still on there! I was surprised he didn't die... He didn't seem to be the least bit embarassed either.
    -There's a dude who runs around my neighborhood in half shirts. They just hardly cover his nipples. And sometime I get a show while he's running. He always smiles & waves & talks to me & I have to try not to laugh. He wear swetbands on his wrist & head too! And he's young like 26-27. It's odd.
    -Then of course I've seem my share of way to confident nude people in the gym locker room hahaha.
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    These are so freaking hilarious!!!

I've never seen anything truly gross or that hilarious at my gym! Durn!!! Haha!
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yuck!!

The grossest thing I see is when people sweat ALL over the machines, and then leave without wiping them down.
    :sick:
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    worst thing:

Well unlike the girl you mentioned above I do work my *kitten* off and most of the time I have my make up made. The reason for this is because I'm barely getting out of work or comig from a meeting. Most of the time ( lately all the time) I have my workout clothes in my truck so I do a quick change and come straight to the gym. I'm sure people think I get ready just to workout but they just don't know I actually have a real life outside of the gym so any little time I have left I devote it to exercise.

That's not what bugs me, it's the "lift three pounds two-handed, look like i'm going on a date." I know the difference between coming from somewhere and then going to to the gym. I mean getting dressed TO GO to the gym. as in that's how she dresses to workout kind of deal. It's just way too much. :laugh:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I went with a mate to check out and see if I wanted to join his gym (24, as it were). I was waiting for him near the entrance when these two huge, muscular dudes started shouting at each other. Everyone stops and stares as they push each other back and forth. One of the trainers breaks them up and tells them to leave. As soon as they get outside (I'm standing by the door) they start shouting again, pushing each other, do that thing guys do when their heads are so close together it looks like they are going to kiss. And BAM! One guy punches the other in the face. They called the police and it was all crazy. I decided not to join.

Same mate, different gym. We were using the gymnastics room to practice for judo. It's a room off the main hallway; there's no solid walls, just glass plates so we can see the hallway. We had just started the match and were on the ground grappling when an older lady with a curly fro walks down the hallway, shrieking. Walking a leisurely pace, just screeching at the top of her lungs. We froze mid match to stare at her while she walked past the room.

I've been doing home workouts for a few reasons (no starers at home, convenient, germ concerns), but this thread has given me hundreds of additional ones.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't go to gyms anymore because I find them to be hostile environments for someone as ugly as me.

Last one I went to, I had some steroid freak accuse me of staring at his woman who happened to be using a machine right across from me. Once he started pushing me around I decided to defend myself and unloaded on him. Next thing I know I have half the gym coming at me. In the end, I ended up being banned from the gym.

@jtsmou
    I've said this before on another thread..YOU ARE NOT UGLY!!
    -end of announcement.

You know what,i have to while heartedly agree. Not ugly in the least!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Another bizarre one. Guy who frequently gets on the elliptical next to me is straight out of 1972. He has an afro, short shorts, tube socks, headband, and AIR DRUMS to his ipod music very enthusiastically. He's like a Will Ferrell skit.

that is hilarious!
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    my husband told me about the guy in his locker room that walked around naked, and when he went to the sink to do his primping.....he laid his junk on top of the counter!! LOL :laugh: