30 day shred followed by ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Last day of Ripped week 3, then onto week 4, it is definitely a step up from the 30 Day Shred. I am planning to do Body Revolution next. What are other people's long term goals/plans?

Rotating Ripped, Killer Arms, Killer Buns, NMTZ and BFBM. I want to try Body Revolution in the fall. Gardening and yardwork will take care of my workout vid time for summer.
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Day 2 complete! Feeling good!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Last day of Ripped week 3, then onto week 4, it is definitely a step up from the 30 Day Shred. I am planning to do Body Revolution next. What are other people's long term goals/plans?

Rotating Ripped, Killer Arms, Killer Buns, NMTZ and BFBM. I want to try Body Revolution in the fall. Gardening and yardwork will take care of my workout vid time for summer.

I am going to start mixing it up a little. I did Shred and doing week 1 of Ripped, but today I am going to do Killer Buns & Thighs. I have cracked ribs that I have to be gentle on. I have all her other workouts, except for Body Revolution, which I was just looking at. Any input on the Body Revolution?
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of the shred in the books! I feel like I'm on a roll and hope I can keep it up!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5 more Level 3 workouts, then I’m done with 30 day. I wanted to be able to do the advanced moves more often than not for each level, but there were several I still couldn’t master. I’d love to be able to knockout the walking push-ups on my toes one day!
    I’m thinking of moving on (backtracking, I guess) to Beginner Shred next and being able to accomplish the advanced levels there before I move on to Ripped as I’ve heard it’s more difficult.
    Just thinking out loud. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    I did Killer Arms yesterday and did day 7 -level 1 of Ripped today. I am alternating days doing Ripped.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    Day 3 level 3 of ripped done today. I am not looking forward to level 4 lol

OOh level three is a killer, even the warm up burns. I have done 1 day of level 4 and don't think it was as hard, still a good workout, I moved my weights up to 5kg for some of the moves, left me sore for a few days, I pushed myself to do harder weights because I knew I would take a few days off as away from home. So back to Ripped tonight.

• Phoebolaylaylay
    Options

OOh level three is a killer, even the warm up burns. I have done 1 day of level 4 and don't think it was as hard, still a good workout, I moved my weights up to 5kg for some of the moves, left me sore for a few days, I pushed myself to do harder weights because I knew I would take a few days off as away from home. So back to Ripped tonight.

Yes it does burn the legs, that's good to hear about level 4 lol. I am going to buy some heavier weights this week. Good luck with the rest of it.

Good luck to you too, what are you planning to do next?
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

Yes it does burn the legs, that's good to hear about level 4 lol. I am going to buy some heavier weights this week. Good luck with the rest of it.

Thank you I just ordered 6 week 6 pack

Thank you two for your reviews of Ripped. I just started level 2 today. How many days did you do on level 2 before going to level 3?
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Thank God that my ribs are finally getting better. They are still sore, but so much better that I can at least do the workouts without extreme pain. Did my first day of level 2 today of Ripped and did some Tony Horton's 7 min Abs and 7 min arms...then my cycle...Feeling so much better today...Even able to do my inversion table sit ups and my 5 Rites...Great morning of workouts...I have started a new routine...working out first thing in the morning, instead of sitting at my computer for a couple of hours, and dreading my workouts..LOL!! So Workouts, Eat, then guitar...my new routine...then computer later....except for MFP!! LOL! :)
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I won't be shredded by 30 days. Just lighter
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thank you I just ordered 6 week 6 pack

Thank you two for your reviews of Ripped. I just started level 2 today. How many days did you do on level 2 before going to level 3?

Let me know how that one is, I have been intrigued, is it a good overall body workout, with more of a focus on abs?

I did 6 days of each Ripped level, but needed some rest days in-between, I moved my weights up so found myself quite achy at times.
    I also stay at hotels a lot so there where times I did not have my weights so would do BFBM - which I think is great.
  • jnelson2017
    jnelson2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just started the 30 day shred yesterday. Day 2 today. It's been harder than yesterday but not too bad. I felt yesterday's workout today so I should definitely feel today's workout tomorrow.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just started the 30 day shred yesterday. Day 2 today. It's been harder than yesterday but not too bad. I felt yesterday's workout today so I should definitely feel today's workout tomorrow.

Great start! Are you going for weight loss? Inch loss? When I first started I hated the jumping jacks, now they don’t bother me. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Thank God that my ribs are finally getting better. They are still sore, but so much better that I can at least do the workouts without extreme pain. Did my first day of level 2 today of Ripped and did some Tony Horton's 7 min Abs and 7 min arms...then my cycle...Feeling so much better today...Even able to do my inversion table sit ups and my 5 Rites...Great morning of workouts...I have started a new routine...working out first thing in the morning, instead of sitting at my computer for a couple of hours, and dreading my workouts..LOL!! So Workouts, Eat, then guitar...my new routine...then computer later....except for MFP!! LOL! :)

Glad your ribs are getting better, well done for still doing the workouts that must have been tough. Take care

Thank you Tammy! Yeah, it was real tough, and so so glad I am getting better...I still have to take Ibuprofen, but hoping by next week, I should be done with that too....
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Did Gilad 25 minutes in Hawaii, 2- 10 minutes ab workouts, 30 minutes of magic circle for Pilates, and 30 min of cycle.
    It is always nice seeing the waves in Hawaii!! :)
  • jnelson2017
    edited January 2018
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »

Great start! Are you going for weight loss? Inch loss? When I first started I hated the jumping jacks, now they don’t bother me. :)

both actually. when I started to realize that all of my pants were getting tighter and tighter, I decided that I had to make a change. My weight is also way too high for my height. And I've also changing my eating habits, which has not been much of a struggle so far.
  • jnelson2017
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 and boy was it harder today. My main struggles were the exercising with the weights. I was stopping every minute.
  • salmarooni
    salmarooni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Whats the 30 day shred? How do I go about doing it?
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 and boy was it harder today. My main struggles were the exercising with the weights. I was stopping every minute.

It's funny the ones that seem the hardest can be really random. But well done for pushing through.