Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    My list of things I've noticed since I've stopped binge drinking/smoking. I am typing this out so I can reflect back on it when the temptation to binge drink occurs.

No hot flashes or night sweats
    No mood swings
    I'm more patient
    No depression
    Sleep better and deeper
    Wake up refreshed
    My workouts are more efficient
    My digestive system is better
    No bloated belly
    Weight loss
    No conviction and beating myself up because of a binge
    More conscious of my eating and making healthier choices
    Not wasting the day away by sleeping because of a hangover

So worth it to have a better life. I bet that you are much happier also!

Yes i am much happier, positive and peaceful!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So last night we went to dinner I had two Cabernets. I was tempted to get a third because my husband had a third drink and I was ready to go after the bill was settled. So he goes have another drink while he was still drinking his. I told him "No I'm done. One more drink then I will want more and then some smokes." He goes "Awwwww have a splurge day and get your wine and smokes!!!" Really way to be supportive honey!!!! I see I am on my own on this journey!!!! :|:|:|:|

Thank God for you all!!!!

That would be sooo hard. Good for you for staying strong! My hubby is drinking too but he’s definitely not drinking as much. And luckily he likes beer which doesn’t tempt me as much.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I had planned on shooting for a full Dry January, but that lasted through the 2nd. It really didn't get any better from there. I even downloaded the "Dry January and Beyond" app. I've been faithfully using it, but it wasn't the motivation I thought it would be. Then I remembered this group (I've been trying and failing to cut back with you all since August...a few good runs...8 days I think was my best...but it was a while ago now), so I've been trolling for a few weeks. I think I may have turned a corner though. Yesterday it hit me that I had two black tea cups in a row (the mark you get on your calendar for Dry days), and if I stayed alcohol free all of yesterday, I would have three cups in a row. That would be a so-far-record for my month. It was more of a struggle than I care to admit, but I did it! I had to really fight when my 13yo daughter got off the bus dripping with teenage angst over her crush moving away. And fought it again when dinner was ready, but my husband chose that time to stay out in the workshop talking to a neighbor who dropped by. Then fought it once more just because it was Friday, and that's my normal thing. But I got through it all, and actually felt really great this morning. A full nights sleep, some yoga this morning for a challenge group I'm in, and now I'm getting ready to start on some housework. I'm hoping it will get easier, but I guess every small victory is a stepping stone.

dbn0c9pj59g8.png

You’re doing really well- lots of days not drinking! Breaking habits are hard!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    So last night we went to dinner I had two Cabernets. I was tempted to get a third because my husband had a third drink and I was ready to go after the bill was settled. So he goes have another drink while he was still drinking his. I told him "No I'm done. One more drink then I will want more and then some smokes." He goes "Awwwww have a splurge day and get your wine and smokes!!!" Really way to be supportive honey!!!! I see I am on my own on this journey!!!! :|:|:|:|

he needs to go
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There are so many beautiful women here I'm so confused who i should stay loyal with.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Zee_0100 wrote: »
    There are so many beautiful women here I'm so confused who i should stay loyal with.

Ummm dude you are not supposed to be drunk in this thread brah

:D
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »

he needs to go

Or at least a serious talking to....
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Finishing my 10th day alcohol free. Still experiencing the anxiety. Hope it gets better. I’ve learned that I can’t moderate.

Congrats! 10 days feels like a year, I'm sure. Hang in there. I imagine the rewards will outweigh the angst. As for anxiety, maybe try meditation. Anytime I've done that, I have always felt better. I just go on youtube and search for Deepak Chopra or someone like that. I'm like you- I simply cannot moderate. So, I'm trying my best to keep it simple, and just not have any alcohol at all.