WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    This is the link to the sleep study.
    http://valleysleepcenter.com/the-truth-about-tart-cherry-juice-and-sleep/

It is also considered good for muscle recovery after exercise. But it has to be the tart Montmorency cherries. I am buying the Biotta juice from Amazon. I am not drinking the water with it. I drink loads of tea at breakfast and liquids with dinner.
    I'm prepared to give it a go until I've finished the three bottles. If it doesn't work I haven't done myself any harm and you never know! It's working so far! I measure it out with my spirit measures. 1 oz is 28 ml. Just over my 25 ml measure. :D

Love Heather UK

HEATHER Why does it have to be Montmorency cherries, must admit I don't have much trouble sleeping but my daughter does
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Well our big snow storm was not as much as they were saying, we did get 7 inches yesterday and lots of wind. Couldn't even see across the street most the day. I worked all weekend and yesterday, but was able to get home and back. Thanks to DS having a big 4 wheel drive truck. Today is in the high 30's and making everything slushy and to be up in 40's towards end of the week.

Meg-Hope you are able to get out. Good to see you post think about you a lot.

Allie--I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope the memories give you comfort and peace.

Yvonne--Sorry to hear about your dad also. I do not care how old we are, when we lose a parent we are never ready.

Joyce--I pray you get things figured out with the doctor so you can feel better. Ellie is a person in her own right. Bet they didn't see her coming to that match and winning.

Rita RV-- I can understand the just thinking it would easier to just give up. I have been having a terrible time this last year since my mom passed. I just feel like what is the use and zone out. But I am praying to get back on track and remembering not to give up.

Janet--Pray for safe travels as you go to memorial for your sister.

Becca--Your stepdad sounds like a great man and you are Blessed. My DH and I blended our children and we treat them all the same. Have always told them the only steps around our house is up to the front door.

Job wise I have worked at the hospital 30 years. I started out in our skilled care unit and enjoyed taking care of the patients. Then I hurt my back lifting a patient and was off for several months. Went back and ended up getting hurt again. So they moved me over to the MainAcc and been here 27 years of my 30. I enjoy my job for the most part and have been supervisor for almost 3 years. I plan to work until I am 67 which is another 6+ years.

My DH and I belong to CMA a christen motorcycle group and we volunteer with them for Bingo at the Vets home, Church visits and lots of things we do in the summer,

Ladies time to sign off and get some work done. Talk at you all soon. Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Katla, my apologies. I believe I got you confused with Becca whose son is, I think, confined to base right now. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your kids and grandkids. Safe travels! I also hope you can find a good housecleaner when you get back!
    Becca, you certainly have a full plate! HUGS to you, sincerely hope things will settle down for you soon.
    Good day yesterday, today is going okay so far. Went to he gym, had a good session on the elliptical trainer. Did some ab work too, and felt the ab work I did yesterday! lol It hurt so good!!
    Well, must get my act together and get some housecleaning done today! Hope everyone has s great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,880 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    OK, prelogged my lunch this morning, and have to revise it already. It wasn't an Asian salad mix I rec'd, but a Southwestern blend. The dressing is a Greek yogurt dressing of avocado and cilantro. I mixed my dressing and cottage cheese in with my cup of salad, and guess what? I needed more salad! Haha! Adapt, and adjust, easy peasy. No stress!
    Becca
    Influx in Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Evelyn: I'm not offended about the military connection confusion. It takes a while to figure out a big group like this. :smiley: (Becca's guys are navy. My DS is army. I think Lisa's kids are also army.)

Joyce: I hope your doctor visit tomorrow is productive and you are able to get the help you need to improve your health and how well you feel. :star:

We've got the house all tidied up for our dog sitter. We'll stay in a hotel tomorrow night and leave from there. We get to leave our car in their lot at no extra charge and this is a good thing. Their shuttle will also pick us up and bring us back to the car when we get back.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Sighs..... OK so lesson here. I logged the 2 cups of Campbell's Italian wedding beef soup. Then noticed the sodium! Holy shmoly! Deleted that! Then thought maybe some chicken broth and campanelli pasta. That goes over my sodium levels too! Deleted that!!! So I settled on two coddled eggs and wheat toast sticks (cut up like soldier's like Heather)! Yummy golden creamy!
    Becca
    In flux to the max in
    Oregon!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    oj26wc6kib5z.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,359 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Zero to Sixty DVD since we have a Newcomer Board Meeting

SueBDew - my girlfriend in Switzerland sent me a few bags from over there. She also sent me an insulated bag, which has since ripped. That was a nice one

Becca - I may have a soda once/year. Sometimes I get in the mood for one so I buy one of those small bottles at the store. That's enough for me for a while. And it has to be a regular -- not diet.

Evelyn - do they charge you for the TRX classes. I got a home TRX, just have never used it.

Made a shrimp gumbo for when Steven gets here. Took the rest of the antipasto to the soup kitchen. We'll never eat it. Then volunteered at the Green Room. Came home and iced a cake that I made for when he's here. It has mandarin oranges in it and the frosting is pineapple. I did use a full container of Cool Whip when the directions only called for 1 cup. Maybe I have too much. Going to have dinner and then probably go to AC Moore tonight. I do want to see if they have the cake decorating classes. I may look into getting yarn for a hat for Colby and Pete for christmas Update: they don't have any cake decorating classes scheduled. I did get some yarn for the hats and scarves for Colby and Pete

Olivia is so grown up!

Barbara - I thought an antipasto was a tray, also. But when I brought it home, Vince said that an antipasto was a salad! Oh well, I took what I took

Rita - sending good vibes to you

Becca - what's an ERCP?

Joyce - Please take care of yoursef. You have me worried. Hope everything goes well for you at the docs. Tell us everything.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Margaret- definitely not! I also want to add that was a fantastic NSV! Quite the compliment!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.56min, 140mhr, 11.3amph. 1.4mi= 85c
    apple watch- 71c
    ELIPTICAL- 15min, 142mhr, 135ahr, 5resist, 5incl, 1.49mi= 147c
    apple watch- 153c
    other- machines- 22.45min, chin ups, pull up, ab incline crunches, incline rower, incline quad press, 2sets of 10ea, 220# tire flip, 152mhr, =154c
    apple watch- 145c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.24min, 13.9amph, 131mhr, 1.4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 50c
    Bike ride PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.39min, 147mhr, 11.7amph, 3mi= 149c
    apple watch- 119c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.18min, 137ahr, 152mhr, 10.19min mi, .5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- est 5min, 152mhr, .4mi = 68c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.55min, 7.3amph, 146mhr, 2.5mi= 212c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 948