Options

Replies

• justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Too late to join this group? I just found this today. I have been reading some of the post. I actually downloaded a free trial for Audiable, and have "The Naked Mind" ready to play while on the treadmill. I don't need to loose much weight, but I sure need to quit drinking everynight, and start working out!

Not too late.. i think we are going to have a February dry season.. ;)

Dry or moderate, don’t leave out those of us that aren’t in need of completely quitting.

And welcome to all the people just finding us! We have a great group here as you have probably seen. More people providing inspiration can only help.

I'm a moderator as well. I don't have any intentions or desires to quit. I'm just along for the current challenge.

That being said, I don't think I consume nearly as much as what others might based on the information shared. I get stuffed ... as in... I can't squeeze any more in me... after 2 beers. Just no more room.
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ugh mole removal surgery went bad- sutures infected and I can’t walk let alone run or work out. Feel like a lump on a log. But hey at least I’m not drinking!!

Hey hope you are feeling better is it painful?
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Day 24 for me. My "final exam" for Dry January will begin tomorrow (Thursday) and end Sunday. Big girl's trip to Nashville where the sole intent is drinking, dancing and eating. I will do my very best to do mostly dancing!! Maybe I"ll look up Tim McGraw (he's been sober for nine years) and see if I can hang out with him and Faith.

Happy for all of you who are on track with your personal goals. I only lost a few pounds myself this month, but the overal feeling of calmness is a noticeable improvement. Very little mood swings, much more patient, clearheaded, and happier than in previous months. Best part zero hangovers for 24 days in a row. I must say for me that is the best feeling and reward. I'll be checking this thread for motivation. Xoxo

Woohoo!! WELL DONE !! Julie o:)B)<3 u deserve this reward!
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 24 for me. My "final exam" for Dry January will begin tomorrow (Thursday) and end Sunday. Big girl's trip to Nashville where the sole intent is drinking, dancing and eating. I will do my very best to do mostly dancing!! Maybe I"ll look up Tim McGraw (he's been sober for nine years) and see if I can hang out with him and Faith.

(((Julie))) I wish you all the strength in the world! Have fun and give Tim a hug from me! ;-)
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - Love that: "final exam." That's for sure. You've come this far, so I know you've got this. What would booze actually make better about this weekend? Nothing, I'm pretty sure, and I know you already know that. Think how great you're going to feel every morning and think of how much more of that great Nashville BBQ you can have when you're not using up your daily calories with wine!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 24 - we are almost there buddies!

Day 25 - getting so close!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone one noticed a faster weight loss since cutting back?