Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options
This shall be known as "Get Rid of That Vice!" week. Pick your vice (i.e. coffee, sweets, scale addiction, salty foods, pizza, etc...) and get rid of it for one week! (Although I know we aren't all Christian, the spirit of Lent inspired me.)

Soooo...what's your vice?! Want to do more than one?! Bring it! Challenge yourself! Pump yourself up! YOU can do this! Be your own best cheerleader! Rah Rah & all that crap. :bigsmile:

I shall be giving up the scale this week (and doing better, I hope) as well as sweets.

Here's to a GREAT weigh-in today! Let's go Black Team, Let's GO!

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    This shall be known as "Get Rid of That Vice!" week. Pick your vice (i.e. coffee, sweets, scale addiction, salty foods, pizza, etc...) and get rid of it for one week! (Although I know we aren't all Christian, the spirit of Lent inspired me.)

Soooo...what's your vice?! Want to do more than one?! Bring it! Challenge yourself! Pump yourself up! YOU can do this! Be your own best cheerleader! Rah Rah & all that crap. :bigsmile:

I shall be giving up the scale this week (and doing better, I hope) as well as sweets.

Here's to a GREAT weigh-in today! Let's go Black Team, Let's GO!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'd also like to encourage you all to check in daily here so you can keep yourself accountable. I know a lot of us are good at doing that, but sometimes, seeing it on the screen can really kick it into your head that you slipped up ONE day...let's not make it TWO, kwim?

Also, try to get in as many of the other challenges as you can! Veggies! Ab work! Heart Rate! Jumping Jacks! Every step in the right direction is one closer to your goal!
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I need that! :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    You're welcome! I can summon my inner cheerleader sometimes. :wink:

animated_cheerleader001-1.gif
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    DIET PEPSI
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    mine is peanut butter and m&m's. I think I am going to try those two first then next week I will try to add something else. I eat peanut butter almost all day long. I hope this challenge helps.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough then feeling tremendous guilt when I binge the slightest bit.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    DIET PEPSI

Good one! You can do it! I've told you before, but giving up my Diet Coke addiction was one of the hardest things I ever did, but SOOOO worth it! I can have one every other week or so & not feel the need to guzzle another one after it! Go, Anna!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    mine is peanut butter and m&m's. I think I am going to try those two first then next week I will try to add something else. I eat peanut butter almost all day long. I hope this challenge helps.

Ooohhh...PB, M&Ms & PB M&Ms are 3 of my favorite things on the planet! Good luck, Sam! Peanut Butter is shocking in the calorie department. My husband warms it up & then puts it on chocolate ice cream. he's evil.:tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Not eating enough then feeling tremendous guilt when I binge the slightest bit.

and then Lynnie goes & gets all deep on us. *hugs* That's a good challenge for you, Lynnie! You are in control! Good luck, sweetie!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Mine is Skittles:laugh: Although on the rare ocassion I do indulge in them now, I keep it to 1 serving:drinker: Good to see you Sara! Glad your back:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Ooohhh...PB, M&Ms & PB M&Ms are 3 of my favorite things on the planet! Good luck, Sam! Peanut Butter is shocking in the calorie department. My husband warms it up & then puts it on chocolate ice cream. he's evil.:tongue:

even the reduced fat is tremendous!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OK, this will be very difficult for me, but necessary.

My vice is a powerful sweet tooth at the end of the day. Around 2 hours before shut eye, I just have to have some soy ice cream or another type of sweet treat. It always fits in with my calories for the day, but still not very healthy at that time of day.

For this week, and hopefully longer, I will abstain from the sweets and replace with a nice mug of herbal tea.

I will be posting often, as I will need a lot of help with this one.. :frown: :frown:

Excellent choice, Sara..

janie
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do late night snacking. I eat pretty well during the day. Then after supper I want something sweet. I don't eat bad stuff but 100 calories here, 50 calories there, and then all of a sudden I'm over my calories.

Dave said he has no vices. He gave up smoking when Harley was born, he hardly ever eats fast food (except healthy like Subway), he isn't obsessed with weighing himself, he doesn't do late night snacking, he doesn't drink much pop anymore. So what can he give up? I told him he's annoying. :laugh:

BTW, while I did badly with the jumping jacks, I liked last week's challenge. Usually I work out 3 or 4 days a week 30-45 minutes each. This week, I did 6 days anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. And it showed on the scale. So it was a good challenge to push me. Thanks, Sam!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'm going to go to bed (as in asleep) by 11 every night this week and I'm going to go to the gym at least 4 days this week.

Those are the two biggest things I'm struggling with right now.

Woo! Great challenge Sara!

:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    DIET PEPSI

Good one! You can do it! I've told you before, but giving up my Diet Coke addiction was one of the hardest things I ever did, but SOOOO worth it! I can have one every other week or so & not feel the need to guzzle another one after it! Go, Anna!

Thanks, I'm doing better. I can now go a day without one, or just have one a day, instead of 3 or 4.:blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Mine is Skittles:laugh: Although on the rare ocassion I do indulge in them now, I keep it to 1 serving:drinker: Good to see you Sara! Glad your back:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni

LOVE the new pic & new hair, Roni! You are lookin' smokin', girl! When I was still working (about 3 years ago) I kept a HUGE bag os skittles on my desk. I have a mild candy problem.:embarassed:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OK, this will be very difficult for me, but necessary.

My vice is a powerful sweet tooth at the end of the day. Around 2 hours before shut eye, I just have to have some soy ice cream or another type of sweet treat. It always fits in with my calories for the day, but still not very healthy at that time of day.

For this week, and hopefully longer, I will abstain from the sweets and replace with a nice mug of herbal tea.

I will be posting often, as I will need a lot of help with this one.. :frown: :frown:

Excellent choice, Sara..

janie

Why, thank you Miss Janie. I'll be drinking my herbal tea with you at night! My sweets come into play after dinner, too so I have 3 boxes of herbal tea waiting for me in my cupboard! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm gonna do late night snacking. I eat pretty well during the day. Then after supper I want something sweet. I don't eat bad stuff but 100 calories here, 50 calories there, and then all of a sudden I'm over my calories.

Dave said he has no vices. He gave up smoking when Harley was born, he hardly ever eats fast food (except healthy like Subway), he isn't obsessed with weighing himself, he doesn't do late night snacking, he doesn't drink much pop anymore. So what can he give up? I told him he's annoying. :laugh:

BTW, while I did badly with the jumping jacks, I liked last week's challenge. Usually I work out 3 or 4 days a week 30-45 minutes each. This week, I did 6 days anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. And it showed on the scale. So it was a good challenge to push me. Thanks, Sam!

HA! Hilarious! Tell Dave I don't like him any more. :wink: :laugh:

Good for you working out more! I'm glad you had a good week on the scale!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm going to go to bed (as in asleep) by 11 every night this week and I'm going to go to the gym at least 4 days this week.

Those are the two biggest things I'm struggling with right now.

Woo! Great challenge Sara!

:flowerforyou:

Good luck, Vanessa! The sleep thing is a great thing to aim for!