Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Replies

• SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i have a story to tell ya,

Last night I went out to tea and took some of my own drink ( with the alcohol removed) and when i was asked what i was drinking i told them it was non alcoholic etc.. and they sneered at me.

Seriously, like , who does that!!, sadly enough, guys,
    there is a big percentage of people that like to force their beliefs on others and forget that we have a thought to our own.
    I felt for the rest of the evening ( until i went to the gym) like an alien. Im nearly convinced actually :D actually

Anyway peoples, i dont want anyone to feel that way ever!!.. plz know u have a right to your own.

<3<3

That’s horrible - are they your friends? I definitely got a lot of “why would you do that?” For Dry January but in general I think people were appreciative of the resolve and gumption to take on an alcohol free month. Haters are gonna hate as T swift says. Finding a support system is probably a really good idea for all of us trying abstain or moderate. One way I talk about not drinking is how it’s helping my fitness and keeping weight loss off. I don’t think anyone can say anything to that :) sorry you experienced that and great job staying strong
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member

Last night I went out to tea and took some of my own drink ( with the alcohol removed) and when i was asked what i was drinking i told them it was non alcoholic etc.. and they sneered at me.

there is a big percentage of people that like to force their beliefs on others and forget that we have a thought to our own.
    I felt for the rest of the evening ( until i went to the gym) like an alien. Im nearly convinced actually :D actually

Anyway peoples, i dont want anyone to feel that way ever!!.. plz know u have a right to your own.

<3<3

That’s horrible - are they your friends? I definitely got a lot of “why would you do that?” For Dry January but in general I think people were appreciative of the resolve and gumption to take on an alcohol free month. Haters are gonna hate as T swift says. Finding a support system is probably a really good idea for all of us trying abstain or moderate. One way I talk about not drinking is how it’s helping my fitness and keeping weight loss off. I don’t think anyone can say anything to that :) sorry you experienced that and great job staying strong

@Alzzi76 I agree that is horrible. Now, I'm not advocating lying because we are proud of our goals, BUT my sister who has been dry for a dozen years said at the beginning she used to tell people she had a bleeding ulcer. They backed off right away and didn't pressure her. Just sayin' :)
  • katie5467
    katie5467 Posts: 57 Member
    @katie5467 8 pounds weight loss is fantastic! Great work- staying dry. It gets easier, doesn't it?
    @lporter229 What a peaceful, calm evening! Have a great run!

It does get easier doesn't it! I went to the pub with some friends earlier and I was questioning myself whether I was missing having a beer when I heard how expensive it was and thought no I don't! Haha
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Good Morning Friends - I had a lapse yesterday and drank beer. I made it a cheat meal and had Chic Fil A fries and nuggets. The beer tasted strange and I didnt enjoy it much. So back on the dry wagon today. I was going to drink on Super Bowl Sunday but am not feeling like it anymore.

Thanks for even more confirmation that I am not missing anything...except Chic Fil A. Never had it, they just opened one in our area though... :p
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Giving myself a high five because I enjoyed “girls” happy hour and dinner where wine was flowing and drank only San Pellegrino with lime. Today was day12 in a row. Getting easier. I think I’ll be fine at tomorrow night’s 90th b’day bash. Not cocky though.

Woohoo!!! I was hoping you did well!!! Good for you!!!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Good Morning Friends - I had a lapse yesterday and drank beer. I made it a cheat meal and had Chic Fil A fries and nuggets. The beer tasted strange and I didnt enjoy it much. So back on the dry wagon today. I was going to drink on Super Bowl Sunday but am not feeling like it anymore.

Thanks for even more confirmation that I am not missing anything...except Chic Fil A. Never had it, they just opened one in our area

<3<3

Thanks, I nearly gave in, I used to. Now im in with a supportive group it really helps.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    When I see AF I immediately think As Duck, as that's what it stands for on the interwebz

LOL! That's what comes to mind first when I see it
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member

<3<3

@Alzzi76 I agree that is horrible. Now, I'm not advocating lying because we are proud of our goals, BUT my sister who has been dry for a dozen years said at the beginning she used to tell people she had a bleeding ulcer. They backed off right away and didn't pressure her. Just sayin' :)

Thanks, JulieAL1969 , it a pity we have to have an explaination b4 these people except us.