Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    When I see AF I immediately think As Duck, as that's what it stands for on the interwebz

Right? :lol:

Same here. Every time. Even when I type it!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    When I see AF I immediately think As Duck, as that's what it stands for on the interwebz

:D it make me think of Australian footy.. onky it doesnt have the 'L' , it what happens when u have a creative mind
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »
    Had my first social outing in months last night, so I am 0 on the free days for February. Tonight I should be able to manage though.

<3o:)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    Friday nights are the hardest for me. Need some way to unwind. Proud to say that I hit the pool hard at lunch and now I feel mellow for the few hours left at work.

Stay with us, there's lots of support here. <3
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    MichSmish wrote: »

Right? :lol:

Same here. Every time. Even when I type it!

Great minds think alike :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    2/1- Dry

Feb 1st is in the books. No alcohol, but I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling pretty crappy anyway :/ Tonight I am going to go for *gasp* another dry night. I almost always have 1-3 drinks on a Friday night to cap off my work week. I meet my running group on Saturday morning for one of my longer runs and it isn't always that easy to make myself get up. Tomorrow we have 9 miles on the schedule and then I will go straight to the food pantry where I volunteer. I am looking forward to doing this all with a clear mind tomorrow. but, I admit that the thought of a dry Friday at home is a bit daunting. Wish me luck!

I'm impressed that you can drink 3 drinks the night b4 and run 9 miles the next day!!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure what that says about me!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Friday nights are the hardest for me. Need some way to unwind. Proud to say that I hit the pool hard at lunch and now I feel mellow for the few hours left at work.

I am contemplating one glass of red wine at one of the Italian restaurants we like to go to. It's Friday and I like to unwind after a long week. I really am not craving a drink but the bartender always buy us one round on him. We'll see
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This thread is already getting big! I am in for a mostly dry February, I have a weekend out of town next weekend and then that will be it. Looking forward to doing this with you guys!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,295 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Giving myself a high five because I enjoyed “girls” happy hour and dinner where wine was flowing and drank only San Pellegrino with lime. Today was day12 in a row. Getting easier. I think I’ll be fine at tomorrow night’s 90th b’day bash. Not cocky though.

My hero!
  • NormInv
    Options
    February 1. I'm READY to lose the meno12. I bought some SF chocolate pudding to mix with peanut butter tonight for a treat. My favorite evening tea (tension tamer) is stocked as well!
    2/1 dry

Day one is in the books.
    I don't generally count calories, but decided to start about two weeks ago to gear up for this. BOY is it easier to eat within my goals without wine.

2/1 dry
    2/2 dry (friday night, even. After learning my credit card was stolen, even)

No credit card, no booze, no soup
  • NormInv
    Options
    Made it through Day 2 and it’s even a Friday evening. Hubs drank and I just watched. Felt good to not want to be asleep by 9 pm. Looking forward to a great morning again, I have to get up at 5 am so this makes it soooo much easier. Until tomorrow AF friends!

Tomorrow As Duck!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you @JulieAL1969 - I can see that too. But at least you’re still going out and having fun. My guess is over time you (and I’m including myself in that) will come up with other ways to connect with friends - coffees, walks, museum visits, movies and other outdoor activities. I’m not trying to stay completely sober but tonight I just had no desire to drink any wine. I craved my tea (what?!) this never used to happen!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I think all of my food choices were pretty ok tonight. I had like 5 drinks instead of 3 though! >_<