Worst Thing You have been Witness to at the Gym!

Options

Replies

• VELVET2688
    Options
    This is SERIOUSLY, the best thread! I've been laughing for the past 20 minutes reading all the past posts.

I once saw a very large man walking on the treadmill at the highest possible incline. He had a thin rope tied around his waist, with a caribbeaner (Y'know, the mountain climbing device) attached to the treadmill. I thought to myself... if he actually falls down, his home-made device is definitely NOT going to be secure enough to hold him!

I also saw a woman on the elliptical in FULL makeup (foundation, heavy mascara, eyeliner... the works). After about 20 minutes of running, the makeup started melting off her face like a watercolor painting, leaving pools of orangey liquid drips of sweat on the machine and on the floor. It was so disgusting.
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    OMG...I TO HAVE BEEN LAUGHING OUT LOUD ...people are wondering what I'm doing....this is the best thread!!! thank you for a MOnday morning laugh...have a GREAT DAY !!!
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    This isn't *bad*, just bizarre.

The woman on the elliptical in front of me last year was eating FRENCH FRIES while working out. I'm not joking. She had a to-go box from somewhere and was chomping away!

I'm sure she was trying to put "eating your exercise calories" to the ultimate test.
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    i'm thinking maybe salt and greese gives them extra energy !!! :laugh:
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This one is really gross, sorry...

I went to step into the shower at the gym and there was a used tampon on the floor :(

YUK!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    my husband told me about the guy in his locker room that walked around naked, and when he went to the sink to do his primping.....he laid his junk on top of the counter!! LOL :laugh:

So... I pretty much fell over when I read this. NOOOOOOOOOT okay! XDDDDDDDD
    This one is really gross, sorry...

I went to step into the shower at the gym and there was a used tampon on the floor :(

YUK!

Nonononono!!!!!!! And no! I HATE when that happens! I walked by the shower stalls and two of them had a tampon in them! :sick:
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    :laugh:
    I have seen more than my 'unfair' share of hairy plumbers' cracks... i workout in gyms around the country and i haven't seen one yet that doesn't have at least one dude that really can't tell when his FUZZY PENCIL HOLDER is totally sticking out of his pants that obviously don't fit right. Do they think they're gonna turn on any ladies like that? Maybe they should hook up with the ladies who use the hand dryers to dry their 70's style pubefro's!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I have seen more than my 'unfair' share of hairy plumbers' cracks... i workout in gyms around the country and i haven't seen one yet that doesn't have at least one dude that really can't tell when his FUZZY PENCIL HOLDER is totally sticking out of his pants that obviously don't fit right. Do they think they're gonna turn on any ladies like that? Maybe they should hook up with the ladies who use the hand dryers to dry their 70's style pubefro's!

Pubefros... Bahahaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    this thread is cracking me up!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    It wasn't bad but just weird... some guy probably like 60 was wearing a fishnet long sleeve shirt to work out in! Honestly whats the point of that? You just look like a fool... haha :) This is a great topic
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    It wasn't bad but just weird... some guy probably like 60 was wearing a fishnet long sleeve shirt to work out in! Honestly whats the point of that? You just look like a fool... haha :) This is a great topic

I think I've seen this guy... His nipples are pierced right...? Least the guy I saw was...
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This isn't *bad*, just bizarre.

The woman on the elliptical in front of me last year was eating FRENCH FRIES while working out. I'm not joking. She had a to-go box from somewhere and was chomping away!

LMAO!! I used to take a bag of Starburst candies with me to the gym and eat them while I was on the treadmill. This was when my husband forced me to go with him and I wasn’t interested in getting healthy! Just a bit passive aggressive maybe? LOL
  • ma66ie72
    Options
    The weirdest thing I witnessed at the gym was a woman on a treadmill in high heeled sneakers...no kidding. And I thought I was weird so, I took my bag of candy and left in a huff.
  • ma66ie72
    Options
    leaving the showers a 87 years old naked man started to stumble walking to the showers ... I was just leaving the showers ... I hadn't reached the towel rack yet ... and I caught him ... he was slippery from sweat ... I was slippery from my shower ... I'm still in therapy :)

I may need therapy now too! :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    omg this thread just made my night thank you!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    These stories are hilarious!

I don't have any really funny ones but I still laugh about this lady I saw in the gym parking lot shoveling cheetos in her mouth!
  • ma66ie72
    Options
    This isn't the worst, but it is the funniest-to me!

I was around 40, 168 pounds but more importantly completely out of shape. Could hardly get out of bed let alone work out. Suffice it to say I was very timid and avoided even talking to anyone there.

Having worked out on the treadmill for weeks and hitting a plateau, my trainer friend told me to hit the eliptical machine.

Sure. No problem. I get on and do 1 minute.....ONE and I thought. "I am going to die, right here!" Of course I do not die, so I decide to work my way up 1 minute at a time. It will teach me patience and increase my confidence.

After about 2 weeks I am up to 10 minutes. Ten minutes of HELL:noway: I 'think' I am barely making it to the next 1 minute increment.

So one night I am on the machine next to a hottie in her 20s hittin git hard. I get on feeling old and fat. I get going and after just 2 minutes I am bright red and sweating like crazy. About the 10th minute, when I know I have 1 more to go.........I really cute young guy walks down the isle of elips and stops in front of mine.

I think "Oh great he can SEE I am the one that is going to be done the quickest! I must look so old and crappy to him he is just going to stand there and make me feel like crap!:angry: "

Well...........I showed him, as I pushed on harder and faster. The longer he stood there, the harder I tried. I worked and worked-thinking all along..........."GO AWAY before I DIE!:mad: "

20 minutes later I finally see he is getting ready to go. I get off the machine and I am so worked up I say to this poor guy "Gave up huh? Thought the old fat ***** was going to be done in a minute HUH?????"

He looks at me :huh: " No Hon, I was waiting for my girlfriend on the machine next to you!!" And the two of them walked away!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually LOL when I remember that night. It also comes in handly when I am thinking I can't do something!!

That’s freakin’ hilarious!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Today I saw a chick wrap saran wrap around her stomach in the gym locker room before going to work out.... I took a pic because I couldn't believe it haha.

Proof.

2011-08-10_182258.jpg
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    Today I saw a chick wrap saran wrap around her stomach in the gym locker room before going to work out.... I took a pic because I couldn't believe it haha.

Proof.

2011-08-10_182258.jpg

THIS is one of the many many reasons why we are friends...looks even better when not on my phone!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    LOL! sneaky photo there