February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @shanaber congrats on finishing the half, sounds like a tough one for you but you did it. Looks like a gorgeous day and love the bling.

@ddmom0811 love your smiling and waving method of getting through the pain and finishing. Congratulations. Great job to your daughter!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Good job pushing through and finishing!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Good job pushing through and finishing!

Ditto this! Sounds like it got really tough. Great job!
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So I've been looking at races here. No swag at all, let alone as cool as some of you get. Even race T-shirt is to be purchased separately...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber sounds like every corral I've ever been in. At my trail race the other weekend some lady stops at a barrow spot afraid to go down. Like if you're that afraid why are you doing trail races? At Hot Chocolate a few years back there were two girls sharing earbuds. They just stopped in the middle of the course, no warning, and stood there. I seriously don't get people. I'm so *kitten* polite I get stuck and have to wait for openings. Lol

@Starflight00 I follow a specific program for my macros. The premium allows me to set macros for each day, as well as see how many I have/need. And I can set up a different amount of calories/macros for my rest days so I'm not like I need to remember to stop eating at 1900 rather than the 2100 mfp says. Plus the app and site seem to run faster without all the ads.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    m0gk4kun6z3k.jpg
    692yulq4dl4v.jpg

my goal this month is to run 90 miles ! lets do this !!!

@brookerunningmom If you could go ahead and be 4 days late with this baby, that would be an AMAZING birthday present! Haha. But really, congrats!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    Options
    @Starflight00 My fitbit did not have a HR monitor, so I'm not really sure if it pushes to Strava, but I think there may be some fitbits that do.

@shanaber Great job pushing through on the HM!

@ddmom0811 Way to get through the HM. Congrats to your daughter on her great race!

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    February Running Challenge

Goal: 90 km
    Ran: 19/90 km

6/2/18 Run 5 km
    5/2/18 Run 8 km
    3/2/18 Run 6 km
    1-2/2/18 Rest day
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    @shanaber and @ddmom0811 Kudos to both of you! Pushing through races which don't go as hoped takes a lot of grit and determination. @ddmom0811 I'll have to find a copy of that WSJ article. It sounds like something I could use. I do see the author has a book coming out today but I already have a stack of books on my "too read" pile.
    @shanaber ironically I live in a town called Savage.