Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• Kath713
    Kath713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Working toward a 100 loss goal too (36 down so far!). Feel free to add! :)
  • Anniefae96
    Anniefae96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 223lbs, my goal is 110. I'm at 205lbs right now and anyone on this thread is free to add me, in fact I would love to have as many dedicated friends as possible. I don't think I can do this alone.
  • actualbears
    actualbears Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Working to drop about 120 lbs, down 7 so far! Feel free to add me, y'all!
  • julz1507
    julz1507 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am on day 1 of my 108ilb journey . Keen to engage with others who have a similar mountain to climb. I get disheartened sometimes when the scales don’t shift, I get a bit obsessed with the number and have even been known to weigh myself after every meal. Mad I know...... I have always struggled with my weight , food has been the go to when I am sad and happy. Keen to break that link or figure out to replace it. I have prioritised work , family even the cats over my won health and that needs to change. I do feel guilty though in doing that. Anyway hope I can share some thoughts and support some of you in your journey...
  • benfazer
    benfazer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i already lost 112lbs with slimming world in 1 year and a half but put 42lbs. keeping the weight off is the hardest. But finding a realistic achievable motivation is the way to losing the weight time to lose 68lbs now
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    julz1507 wrote: »
    Hi , I am on day 1 of my 108ilb journey . Keen to engage with others who have a similar mountain to climb. I get disheartened sometimes when the scales don’t shift, I get a bit obsessed with the number and have even been known to weigh myself after every meal. Mad I know...... I have always struggled with my weight , food has been the go to when I am sad and happy. Keen to break that link or figure out to replace it. I have prioritised work , family even the cats over my won health and that needs to change. I do feel guilty though in doing that. Anyway hope I can share some thoughts and support some of you in your journey...

Hey hun, that's how the journey starts with day 1. Way to go for making the decision to get started. Feel free to add me xx
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    benfazer wrote: »
    i already lost 112lbs with slimming world in 1 year and a half but put 42lbs. keeping the weight off is the hardest. But finding a realistic achievable motivation is the way to losing the weight time to lose 68lbs now

That's an amazing loss! Way to go, up have proved that you have the skills to lose the weight. You have done it before and you can do it again. Feel free to add me
  • mroloff
    mroloff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    Just curious...what is everyone doing for exercise?

Lately, I've been doing the following activities over 6 workouts in a typical week:
    • 1 hour-long personal training session (strength focused)
    • 1 hour-long cycling class
    • 1 hour-long strength training class
    • 20-30 minutes stairclimber, 2 times/week
    • 30-45 minutes running, 2-3 times/week
    • 45-60 minutes elliptical, 2-3 times/week
    • 30 minutes upper body strength training, once a week
    • 30 minutes lower body strength training, once a week

I can't recommend working with a trainer highly enough. It can be expensive (the gym is literally my second highest expense after my rent), but I've come to see it as an investment in myself and I will scrimp anywhere else I need to in order to keep my sessions. My trainer keeps me accountable, always changes things up so I don't get into a workout rut, and helps me focus on what my body can do instead of just how much it weighs.

All that said, take this with the proverbial grain of salt. This is just what is working for me at the moment and I'm in no way recommending one way or another that it will work for you. I should also note that this is not at all what I was doing when I started out with this 127 pounds ago. Back then it was literally just whatever movement I was willing to do for at least 20 minutes. This is part of why I really recommend trainers if possible - the expert advice for scaling as you go is super important in my opinion.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    @goldiejdb sorry for the delay- the group is Lets Lose 100+! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/15651-lets-lose-100
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Wonder how everyone’s journey is going.
    I’m currently down 84 lbs so I’m pushing hard towards my goal. Would love to hear from some of you
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm down 25, and now officially need to lose 100. Lost my mojo for a while, but I'm back on track! LOL Congrats @goldiejdb you are doing great! Almost to your goal. Hope you stay with us to continue our support group! :D
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    When all is said and done, aiming at 120 or so to lose. Down almost 50, will take me another 2 years or so to lose the other 70, I think.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've got a total of ~110lbs to lose. Started at 270lbs, aiming for 160lbs or less depending on how my body looks and what strength training/recomp looks like for me.

Currently down ~60lbs sitting just under 210lbs with another ~50lbs to go. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You can add me I have a *kitten* ton of fat to return to the universe!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can always use more friends. I started at 275 and now weight 264. I would like to lose around 130 to 140 pounds.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have 220 pounds total to lose. I've lost about ten of it so far.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well, I started at 280, got down to 194, now at 212 (school and being lazy) but I am back at it now! My goal is 150... and then see how I feel there and possibly going down to 140.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Started with 120lbs to loose, now have only 10. Waiting for friends :)
  • bostonterrier4
    bostonterrier4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group too! I'm fairly new here so not sure where I would find the posts and things?
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose around 150 pounds. Feel free to add me!