Black Team Challenge Week 7

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    DIET PEPSI

Good one! You can do it! I've told you before, but giving up my Diet Coke addiction was one of the hardest things I ever did, but SOOOO worth it! I can have one every other week or so & not feel the need to guzzle another one after it! Go, Anna!

Thanks, I'm doing better. I can now go a day without one, or just have one a day, instead of 3 or 4.:blushing:

At my "worst" (when I was in college) I was up to 6 or 7 a day. It was baaaaad. Talk about a headache when I missed some. Ouch! Good job!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    mine is peanut butter and m&m's. I think I am going to try those two first then next week I will try to add something else. I eat peanut butter almost all day long. I hope this challenge helps.

Ooohhh...PB, M&Ms & PB M&Ms are 3 of my favorite things on the planet! Good luck, Sam! Peanut Butter is shocking in the calorie department. My husband warms it up & then puts it on chocolate ice cream. he's evil.:tongue:

even the reduced fat is tremendous!!!

We've switched to all natural, just peanuts PB recently b/c I'm reducing the sugar in my kids' diets & that has helped. I still LOVE it, but instead of smearing it all over everything, I'm able to be satisfied with a smaller amount. It is super tasty on toast. *drool*
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Mine is Skittles:laugh: Although on the rare ocassion I do indulge in them now, I keep it to 1 serving:drinker: Good to see you Sara! Glad your back:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni

LOVE the new pic & new hair, Roni! You are lookin' smokin', girl! When I was still working (about 3 years ago) I kept a HUGE bag os skittles on my desk. I have a mild candy problem.:embarassed:

Thanks Sara! I went yesterday and had it all done. I had promised myself that when I hit the 50 lbs gone mark that I would treat myself to a day with my favorite (but expensive lol) hairdresser:blushing: Good thing I only plan to do that every 50 lbs! lol I would go broke:ohwell:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good challenge! I will let you know what I decide. Glad you are back Sarah! :flowerforyou:
  • swaliyumas
    Options
    Okay guys, I'm in. I haven't been on here since week one cause of my crap computer, and of course have to come back this week, ( I love my Mt. Dew) But I think that is the thing really holding me back with my weight loss. I've only lost 5 pounds since January. I will try to kick this pop thing once and for all, but am going to need ALOT of help. It's the only thing that keeps me going all day!:yawn:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :angry:

:heart:

super_mom-2906.gif
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up sugar for Lent with my sister so I think that's what I'll do for the challenge as well.

The only sugar I'm allowed to touch this week is that found in fruit.

Good luck to me, I'm gonna' need it. :ohwell:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to bed (as in asleep) by 11 every night this week and I'm going to go to the gym at least 4 days this week.

Those are the two biggest things I'm struggling with right now.

Woo! Great challenge Sara!

:flowerforyou:

I love this one! I'm going to follow your sleep patterns for the week. I'm already hittin' the gym (aka my living room where the elliptical and Jillian's 30-Day Shred reside...) 5 days a week, but I need to get more sleep! I will go to bed each night without the tv on! :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I decided to give up sugar for Lent with my sister so I think that's what I'll do for the challenge as well.

The only sugar I'm allowed to touch this week is that found in fruit.

Good luck to me, I'm gonna' need it. :ohwell:

You can do it, Nicky! Are you counting sugars in cereals & stuff, too? THAT would be SUPER difficult!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm going to go to bed (as in asleep) by 11 every night this week and I'm going to go to the gym at least 4 days this week.

Those are the two biggest things I'm struggling with right now.

Woo! Great challenge Sara!

:flowerforyou:

I love this one! I'm going to follow your sleep patterns for the week. I'm already hittin' the gym (aka my living room where the elliptical and Jillian's 30-Day Shred reside...) 5 days a week, but I need to get more sleep! I will go to bed each night without the tv on! :smile:

When my husband worked third shift, I was horrible about sleeping with the tv on. I found that having it off helps me sleep much better. Go figure.:laugh: Good luck, Julie!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I just have to give a little shout out to nonibug right now because I keep thinking about it. in the 6 weeks we have been doing this challenge she has lost 23.8 pounds!!! She is a machine!!! GREAT JOB!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I just have to give a little shout out to nonibug right now because I keep thinking about it. in the 6 weeks we have been doing this challenge she has lost 23.8 pounds!!! She is a machine!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Amen, sister! Roni kicks BUTT!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Great job Noni.:flowerforyou: That is awesome. wish it would fall off me like that.:grumble:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Noni, that is terrific. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I can't believe we have been doing this challenge for 6 weeks! :noway:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Woo Hoo Roni!! That is awesome ... and you look GORGEOUS in your AV, by the way. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sorry I've been so quiet folks ... I've been in the grips of a death cold in addition to things being extree crazy around here. I've had time to read but not post and I miss it!

But having a death cold has a plus side ... my appetite has been down so I've actually been somewhat under my calories for a change & the scale has finally moved! Hopefully once my appetite returns my self-control will stay. In the past I have eaten because I felt sorry for myself, not because I was hungry, and so I'd even gain weight when I was sick, but I've managed not to do that this time.

I ended up not exercising this week much at all because this congestion has been all in my chest and I've been a bit short of breath ... no aerobics when you are coughing up stuff. :noway: :cry:

I'll have to think about what I want to give up for this week ... been pondering it for Lent although my church doesn't really do that ... I like to follow the church year. I'm thinking that crackers & tortilla chips might have to go ... if I'm gonna binge, it's usually on one of those. Hmm ... according to what I read about emotion eating, I must be angry about something!?

Have a great day, friends!

:heart: Tresa
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Nicky! Are you counting sugars in cereals & stuff, too? THAT would be SUPER difficult!

Yeah, but it's okay I've been wanting to phase cereal out because I suspect the wheat/milk is making me sick again. Boo.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Sara great challenge! I will be giving up late night snacking this week. Nothing after 8pm. scouts honor.

Roni- They are right. Your hair looks great! and yes you definately have had an amazing loss during this challenge!
    Anna-Good luck fighting the battle agianst diet coke. This can be a tough one. Your a brave lady.
    Lori- The late night snacking thing is tough for me too. Tell Dave that his flawlessness is amazing lol. And as always Harley is sooo friggin adorable.

Well I leave for the new store opening tommorow so that amounts to being stuck in a hotel from now until the 24th. So spyguy is gonna be alot quieter this week. This is gonna be a real challenge for me considering that with the long days and lack of my own fridge I am going to be facing some real food challenges. Wish me luck guys! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sara great challenge! I will be giving up late night snacking this week. Nothing after 8pm. scouts honor.

Roni- They are right. Your hair looks great! and yes you definately have had an amazing loss during this challenge!
    Anna-Good luck fighting the battle agianst diet coke. This can be a tough one. Your a brave lady.
    Lori- The late night snacking thing is tough for me too. Tell Dave that his flawlessness is amazing lol. And as always Harley is sooo friggin adorable.

Well I leave for the new store opening tommorow so that amounts to being stuck in a hotel from now until the 24th. So spyguy is gonna be alot quieter this week. This is gonna be a real challenge for me considering that with the long days and lack of my own fridge I am going to be facing some real food challenges. Wish me luck guys! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Congrats on the big 6-0, Andrew!!!! You are cruising right along! Woo hoo!

Good luck with the store opening. Ugh. I feel for your DW in this one, too. It isn't easy being a SAHM to begin with & then having you husband gone for nearly TWO WEEKS! Yuck! You can overcome all the food obstacles that come your way! You must have something in that handy utility belt for such an occassion. :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Yeah, but it's okay I've been wanting to phase cereal out because I suspect the wheat/milk is making me sick again. Boo.

My goodness, girl! I would bet that a lot of this crap is all tied to that mold in your apartment. *gag* Are you getting out of there soon?