Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

which is the best diet for overall health and weight loss

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    imfornd wrote: »
    bottom line 40% is too high - 20% is better - especially when you can get the ATP you need from Fat content - FAT is good for you - small amount of sugar you need but not almost half you diet

<sigh>

Once again, sugar =/= carbohydrates.

I thought we'd been over this already.

tumblr_or7nkyjLM51ririjeo1_500.gif

Can I eat back 100% of those exercise calories?

Cause I'd really like another slice of that chocolate cake (just no calories left for the day...) and I could fit in a half slice for those...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    bottom line 40% is too high - 20% is better - especially when you can get the ATP you need from Fat content - FAT is good for you - small amount of sugar you need but not almost half you diet

I am destined to die now since I eat around 45% sometimes more.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

<sigh>

Once again, sugar =/= carbohydrates.

I thought we'd been over this already.

tumblr_or7nkyjLM51ririjeo1_500.gif

Can I eat back 100% of those exercise calories?

Cause I'd really like another slice of that chocolate cake (just no calories left for the day...) and I could fit in a half slice for those...

I hope so 'cuz the kiddos and I are having our bi-monthly pizza and movie night tonight.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    This is a true Friday, feel like I haven't had one of these for a while . . .

Surely it's time for cat gifs...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I am destined to die now since I eat around 45% sometimes more.

we all destined to die some sooner than others

You can pry my carbs from dead cold hands. I am not even remotely in fear after reading all this I am doing one thing wrong with MY diet or exercise.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    thus the Original OPs post was average - what you are talking about are statistical outliers - in general people who eat less carbs - NOT no Carbs but less carbs - will on average be healthier - 40% is too high - the FDA has us eating 75% of our diet Grains Fruit and veg...... too much sugar under those percentages

Tell me, if my protein is adequate, fat adequate, micros being met, what actual, quantifiable harm is the sugar doing to me however I'm eating it?

Inflammation of soft tissue - Insulin sensitivity (High A1C numbers) - heart disease, peripheral neuropathy for starters

Evidence for this? And not one of the spurious links you've already provided.

here is one https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/peripheral-neuropathy-risk-factors-symptoms#1

This article (which is not the same as a study) is about people with diabetes. Do you have any evidence of this being a concern for the majority of the healthy population, or are we talking about those dreaded outliers again?

and pre-diabetic Hig A1C numbers - 40% carbs is too high ---- and will lead to long term inflamation

I am neither diabetic nor pre-diabetic. Carbs and I are good.

Again, A STUDY, an actual link to an actual study, not an article, not you shouting MAYO or anything else.