Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

which is the best diet for overall health and weight loss

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Still hasn't posted the labels of skim milk vs whole milk sugar content...

Personally, I hope he doesn't. I've had that absurd argument on other threads, and don't really need to have it again with anyone devoid of math and logic dkills.

Skim milk does have "more" sugar than whole milk - not added, inherent.

You have a 100g serving of whole milk, and it's 4% fat. Simplifying, it's therefore 96% (protein + carbs), or 96g. Take out the fat.

A 100g serving of the skim milk will now have more (protein + carbs), 100g vs 96, so a higher amount as well as a higher percent. It has to have more, unless you add water or something. That's why skim milk has more sugar per same-sized serving than whole milk.

I've argued this with people who insist skim milk has added sugar because it has more sugar per serving than whole milk. It does have more inherent sugar per serving, but it was put there by the cow. It's just math.

Let's not have that argument with someone who demonstrably can't do math.

this is a discussion of total sugar consumed both refined and naturally occurring - and we consume to much of it - the 40% carbs is completely off base

No you were talking about added sugar.

no - part of the discussion was about added sugar the OP asked for what is a reasonable diet for the average person

I said
    40P
    40F
    20C

You were going on about how fat free products have tons of ADDED sugar.

they do - next time look at all the fat free stuff and then look at the sugar content - in the 60's the sugar industry got food manufacture to go with a fat free is healthy for you ---- so they could put in sugar - the nation bought it and became fat because of it

So you didn't read the post Ann wrote that about milk that you replied to?

sure I did - my point is that we already get enough sugar and don;t need the high carb load like the FDA say we do

really 40% of our diet?

Why don't you like vegetables?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    You keep repeating the same 3 including webmd. Where is all the other peer reviewed scientific research papers/studies? I mean since you are so well read you should have hundreds

World health organisation?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-health-organization-lowers-sugar-intake-recommendations/

Do you understand what people mean when they talk about "research papers" or "studies"?

really? you have been on this thread the whole time and never looked at the National Institutes of Health
    the May Clinic - Journal of Applied Physiology?

i just find it ironic that the sources you tout are in the exact same vein as the sources you doubt.

(awaiting my extra credit for rhyming)

Would a slice of chocolate cake with plenty of evil sugar work as extra credit? :tongue:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Still hasn't posted the labels of skim milk vs whole milk sugar content...

Personally, I hope he doesn't. I've had that absurd argument on other threads, and don't really need to have it again with anyone devoid of math and logic dkills.

Skim milk does have "more" sugar than whole milk - not added, inherent.

You have a 100g serving of whole milk, and it's 4% fat. Simplifying, it's therefore 96% (protein + carbs), or 96g. Take out the fat.

A 100g serving of the skim milk will now have more (protein + carbs), 100g vs 96, so a higher amount as well as a higher percent. It has to have more, unless you add water or something. That's why skim milk has more sugar per same-sized serving than whole milk.

I've argued this with people who insist skim milk has added sugar because it has more sugar per serving than whole milk. It does have more inherent sugar per serving, but it was put there by the cow. It's just math.

Let's not have that argument with someone who demonstrably can't do math.

this is a discussion of total sugar consumed both refined and naturally occurring - and we consume to much of it - the 40% carbs is completely off base

No you were talking about added sugar.

no - part of the discussion was about added sugar the OP asked for what is a reasonable diet for the average person

I said
    40P
    40F
    20C

You were going on about how fat free products have tons of ADDED sugar.

they do - next time look at all the fat free stuff and then look at the sugar content - in the 60's the sugar industry got food manufacture to go with a fat free is healthy for you ---- so they could put in sugar - the nation bought it and became fat because of it

So you didn't read the post Ann wrote that about milk that you replied to?

sure I did - my point is that we already get enough sugar and don;t need the high carb load like the FDA say we do

really 40% of our diet?

Why don't you like vegetables?

All those obese unhealthy vegans. Way too many carbs in their diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I see diets as temporary, quick fix *BS* ...

The best diet is NO diet at all.

Eat what you want within your calorie goal.
    I don't understand why people make this more complicated than it has to be...

Stop talking so much sense :)

UMMMMM no
    eat what you want? fine mountain dew chocolate cake under 2000 Cals
    sounds healthy to me

What you want, and what I want are obviously very, very different things.

Heh, my thoughts exactly.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You keep repeating the same 3 including webmd. Where is all the other peer reviewed scientific research papers/studies? I mean since you are so well read you should have hundreds

World health organisation?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-health-organization-lowers-sugar-intake-recommendations/

Do you understand what people mean when they talk about "research papers" or "studies"?

really? you have been on this thread the whole time and never looked at the National Institutes of Health
    the May Clinic - Journal of Applied Physiology?

I made that post in response to your link to a CBS News article.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    BTW be sure to get you "50 grams of protein RDA " according the FDA
    yeah go with that

Aaand you don't know what an RDA is either, I see.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    40 protein
    40 fats
    20 carbs

You can thank the Sugar industry and corn manufactures for making fat a demon - but like I said if you want a high A!C number, High Cholesterol number and arteriosclerosis

keep on pounding down that 40% sugar diet

You do know there's other sources of carbs aside from the highly processed startches right?

He's already trashed fruit and vegetables.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I see diets as temporary, quick fix *BS* ...

The best diet is NO diet at all.

Eat what you want within your calorie goal.
    I don't understand why people make this more complicated than it has to be...

Stop talking so much sense :)

UMMMMM no
    eat what you want? fine mountain dew chocolate cake under 2000 Cals
    sounds healthy to me

Why do you assume people want food like that?