Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

which is the best diet for overall health and weight loss

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    imfornd wrote: »

Don't worry . . . it's just a burger patty on a lettuce leaf in the bag. The vegetable content is low enough that you won't have to worry about getting the sugars.

I had to get something with lettuce leaf wrap instead of roti when I was away last weekend. Hung my head in shame and almost cried (and also thought 'that's not anywhere near enough cals to keep me going at a concert for 5 hours). My friends got a good laugh out of it though!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Don't worry . . . it's just a burger patty on a lettuce leaf in the bag. The vegetable content is low enough that you won't have to worry about getting the sugars.

I had to get something with lettuce leaf wrap instead of roti when I was away last weekend. Hung my head in shame and almost cried (and also thought 'that's not anywhere near enough cals to keep me going at a concert for 5 hours). My friends got a good laugh out of it though!

Yes, a couple spots here do their vegan burger with a lettuce wrap instead of bun (because the bun has animal stuff). Like, damn it, if I wanted a salad I would order that, not a burger!
  • Nony_Mouse

Yes, a couple spots here do their vegan burger with a lettuce wrap instead of bun (because the bun has animal stuff). Like, damn it, if I wanted a salad I would order that, not a burger!

I truly don't care about the gluten thing (eczema trigger) most of the time, but by god it's a PIA when you're travelling and looking for a quick bite.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    This is a true Friday, feel like I haven't had one of these for a while . . .

Surely it's time for cat gifs...

Ask and you shall recieve...
    source.gif

I actually have a ginger cat that chases his tail. Usually on the headboard of the bed at 4am. It's fun.

I have a Chihuahua/corgi mix who likes to do this exact move around that same time, but my lower legs are his favorite dancing spot. Nothing like being jarred out of the deepest part of your sleep cycle by a tiny tornado.

We'd be here a very long time if I went into everything Horatio does that infringes upon my physical and mental wellbeing and that of the two feline older ladies he also shares the home with. Whirlwind doesn't cut it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I truly don't care about the gluten thing (eczema trigger) most of the time, but by god it's a PIA when you're travelling and looking for a quick bite.

Yeah, I find when you're on a special diet (either for health or other reasons) long enough you almost forget it when you're at home because you get really good at picking food and preparing it . . . and then you travel and you're plunged into this world where you're forced to survive on plain side salads and memories of the last thing you ate in your own kitchen. :'(
  • Nony_Mouse
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    bottom line 40% is too high - 20% is better - especially when you can get the ATP you need from Fat content - FAT is good for you - small amount of sugar you need but not almost half you diet

I am destined to die now since I eat around 45% sometimes more.

I'm surprised I didn't drop dead from all those refeeds I did in the last few months of last year. I was pushing 300+ grams of carbs a day on weekends, easily over 40% of my cals. And yet here I am, slim, healthy (other than eczema and hay fever, which have no connection to carb or sugar intake, might have tested that one already...), perfect blood work (including A1C). I are special snowflake?

<3 Special Snowflake... lol

I am pushing about 250-275 a day right now daily, maintaining weight, feel great, stamina to do lots of exercise and I will be 50 veeeeerrry soon.

I ran 10 miles today (training run this morning), I wonder if carbs had anything to do with that???

I pay so little attention to my carb intake (and none to sugar). So long as I'm hitting my protein and fat goals (and please note bro guy that fat is far from low), I honestly don't care where the rest of the cals fall, other than enough carbs to fuel activity and that's usually going to be over 30%. When the damn weather cools down enough to start running again, it will be higher. I am seriously perplexed as to why healthy, non-diabetic individuals should be remotely scared of carbohydrates. Did we get any sources on that yet?

(secretly waiting for Bro Dude to make outrageous claims about how people in the Palaeolithic ate...)