Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Kirby called in sick today so I didn’t post any of this on FB. Our last trip to the lot. Did some serious burning of firewood. op0h7bl4vp7o.jpeg
    k3xqgc0i4f0k.jpeg
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Aloha Ladies!

I am home from 10 days away from my trusty food scale where every bite gets measured and logged. I still logged everything the best that I could using the unscientific eyeball method. The results when I stepped on the scale this morning, up 1 lb from the day I left. I am confident that will come back off this week when I am back to my normal water consumption and the water retention from flying all night and day to get home are off. I ate a lot of fish (which I loved) and veggies and had ice cream 4 or 5 times. The last day we spent the day at a nice hotel (we had a 10 pm flight) and they had the best caramel cookies in the lounge, I ate a few bites of my husbands and then got one of my own and ate it on the plane! I made sure I got my walking in first thing every morning (even getting up at 4:30 one morning to get it in before we had plans with friends) so I stayed on track with eating and exercise. It was a great relaxing trip and we enjoyed ourselves.

Becca - good luck today to your husband. Prayers said. Take care of yourself during your time as nurse.

Lisa - I can understand you feeling taken advantage of. Hopefully things will calm down this week. I think he suggestion to tell your daughter to get a babysitter on weekends is a great one! It would force her to think about what she is going to do long term. I'm glad your son is doing better. Congrats on getting the scale moving in a downward direction!

Wendy - I agree with the others. This needs to be the peoples last trip to your house. You shouldn't be treated this way, and you shouldn't be expected to allow it in your own home. If your husband wants to see his friend, he can go to him.

Terry - I think it is your birthday? Happy Birthday if it is!

Hugs to those that needs them! Congrats to those with accomplishments! Welcome to all the new ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wendy, I have an Aunt like that (quite wealthy too) - you are on to the game. My mom gave my aunt a bill at the end of her stay - itemizing everything and asking for reimbursement. Better yet do it now - "Here is what you spent so far, I know you planned for these expenses but we know they accummalate fast - ; We we so happy to have been able to save you XXXXX in lodging (~ $100/day) and that is out gift to you! You are so smart to stay here rather than a hotel as it has saved you so much in eating out by buying your own food at the grocery store!
    Oh! Can you pay this now before you take off again so I can pay my credit card? "

They know they arnt coming back and are simply taking advantage of you - nice they can travel on your dollar. Wendy, for your own health and not to have them leave and you forever being and feeling a victim do what you need to do - defend your family when criticized - think ahead of what you would want to say in such a circumstance and use it when needed then change the subject - like " Certainly you shouldn't be concerned about that, your on vacation! oh does anyone want anything to drink?" innocuous enough but an interrupter, then subject changer. Shut it down. You will feel better about yourself.

- take the cost of your meals together and split them accordingly so it is clear you are willing to pay "your" share.

Becca - Fabulous news they got him moved up on the schedule - so so fortunate, stay possitive as the odds are in his favor now!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I know...what a *great* introductory post.....

Welcome. I am so sorry for your health and personal issues. I can relate a little. I was diagnosed with Celiac about four years ago, and that rocked my eating world. I love hot bread and pasta dishes. I even miss ramen noodles. Lol And in the past few weeks, I've started having bouts with Raynaud's Syndrome. Does this mean Scleroderma is coming on? (I tested positive for it once before a negative retest.) Life sucks sometimes; no doubt about that. This is a great group of supportive women. We've got your back.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options

Please can all the new people put their NAME or NICKNAME at the end of EVERY post with a vague LOCATION, so that we can remember who you are. Some of us are quite elderly. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather!!!! Elderly??? Us???? :wink: No way.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more Becca!
    Terri- Vancouver WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    z3niutc99zn0.jpeg
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Hug Day!

"Hug day is special enough to be celebrated with your better half, but also sweet enough to be celebrated with a dear friend. So ... make sure that you spread your arms and squeeze your loved ones into a bear hug to express deep appreciation for them."

Wendy - So sorry your guests are taking such advantage of you. I hope you're able to minimize opportunities for them to mooch for the rest of their visit! I'd definitely be offering to help those guests find a hotel the next time they asked to visit.

Kim - Oh, good grief, I can't imagine how it's possible for a grown woman to be that kind of roommate! Glad you'll be rid of her at the end of the semester.

Lisa - It's great that you're able to be so self aware when it comes to your daughter. Your conversation will be much more productive now than it would have been had you tried it when you were angry. And you're right, prolonged family visits can be tough on everybody.

Welcome to the new arrivals!

Philip and I had our first planned work weekend. On Friday we moved all the stuff that didn't belong there out of his office. Then Saturday we got to work pulling the paneling off the walls and exposing the shiplap. I think it's going to look really nice, and make a cozy massage space.

He works on Sunday, so I got a start on clearing out my own office. There's still a lot of clutter to deal with, but I got my sewing machine dug out and reinstalled in its cabinet so it's ready for duty again. Today I'll focus on my desk in preparation for 1) another trip to Houston on estate business this weekend and 2) tax time. Have I mentioned I hate filing?

Oh, yes, we also went to Ikea on Friday to get Philip a new desk. It's nearly impossible to get out of that place without getting in one's steps for the day!

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Sending good thoughts for your DH's procedure. :heart: I totally agree with this message from you, "We are like glorious old wise women! We have husbands that we pretend are our protectors, but really, we hold the weaponry!! We consult, advise and protect each other as any solid family would. We console each other, offering each mental shoulders to vent, cry or ramble onto. I appreciate each and every one of you, from every corner of the globe!
    Love Becca"

I just had a txt from DD. She sounded frustrated with her state & it's social/political system. Any possible move closer to us would sure make me happy, even if she just moves back to Colorado. I'm praying for a good outcome for DD and her family—and for us.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• artistpam
    artistpam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this group.

I am Pam,

My February Goals
    #1 be below 250 fully clothed and hydrated for my Dr Visit on the 21st
    #2. Increase my weights on each of my weight lifting exercises
    #3. Keep eating healthy and finding new ways to plan for times I might be tempted to blow off my weight loss goals.
    #4 Sleep, I need more sleep somewhere in my day. I work 12 hours shifts drive an hour a day, get up early to eat so I can take my first dose of insulin and exercise. I need to find some more short cuts so I can fit in another hour of sleep on work days.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Heather, I feel your son would be wise to look for a different job not so connected to the world of alcohol. If he has that weakness, and is immersed in that world, how can he possibly resist? I wonder what his transferable skills are and what other industries would be attractive to him? My father in law died of alcoholism and his two sons have problems with it. I have had to learn to live with boozed up guys at my house at all hours...Not very nice. NZ has a booze based sports, male dominated society. My next husband I might choose an artist or musician or professor of literature... Any suggestions as to culture...perhaps Spanish? LOL <3 Wendy >:)