WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Still sick. DH has been an angel. So ready to be able to breathe and swallow without difficulty. Exercise on hold :(

Pip - the “old pic” looks professionally taken, it is a wonderful portrait!

My encouraging thoughts and warm wishes go out to all your family members in need, ladies.

Lanette are there any exercises like leg lifts, push ups in knees or things that don’t have you in your feet that you could substitute in for the interim? So sorry to hear about that.

Allie Good luck and stick to your guns.

Michelle How amazing! I caught only a minute of the launch on TV. Enjoy Florida and here’s hoping the fridge is set to rights quickly!

Terry Your long post included very little about how you are doing. Hope it is well and the storm is minimal.

Ok, sicky brain fog settling in again.

Later

Rye

EDIT: Almost forgot my question. Does anybody have any experience with weighted blankets?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    alsado9988 wrote: »
    I just ran across this discussion site and am not sure if this is where I can ask this question. I'm trying to figure out if I can use Myfitnesspal foodlog for homecooking. I prep a lot of stuff that I use in my recipes, but I haven't been able to call those up to insert into new recipes. I.E. I'm making a garlic paste with a hot pepper every month (2 small jars last fine in the fridge) and I use those to add to everything else I'm cooking. Or my honey'd ginger--the drained off liquid goes into my salad dressings or tea. This is the third program I'm trying. Fitbit was just getting me ticked off. What experiences do you guys have with the foodlog? are you using it?

Welcome Sabine! Almost everything I eat is made from scratch. It takes time to figure things out with MFP's recipe builder, but once you have your personal recipes analyzed, it becomes very simple. Something like the liquid from your honey'd ginger might need to be an approximation but that approximation will be your standard. Of course, you'll need to weigh and then measure to determine the unit of liquid you use in your dressings. Does that sound daunting? It really isn't.

Beth
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Hugs for your son and my son!
  • kevrit
    Options
    I saw this during a walk in the desert. It is a desert millipede. It was about 3 inches long. They can grow to 6 inches. They do not bite but emit a noxious smell and liquid that can irritate your skin if you are brave enough to touch it! :o:s:#

Awe. Won’t let me upload it. I’ll try again in a bit.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    Options