WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Can I join your group? I'm a 52yo SAHM and I've been married to my DH for 23 years. We have 1 DD who is 15 and 5 fur babies. I need to lose 10 pounds by end of March. I have had problems sticking to a workout plan in the past, but I finally found one I like so hopefully I can stick with it. I live in CT and currently it is snowing although not sticking to the roads so outdoor workouts are not gonna happen until Spring. I would very much like to join with you as we venture into this journey called weight loss.

Welcome Becky, you are more than welcome to join us. Jump in when ever you feel comfortable. You have found a terrific group of encouraging, caring and inspirational women. If you would put your name and location at the bottom of each post, it will remind us who you are.

Welcome,
    Janetr OKC
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    My throat is full of razor blades and my cough makes it a special form of torture in there. I didn’t know sugar free cough drops existed but DH found them for me.

Back-ups DH set us up a networked drive and back-up. But once a year we copy the whole kit and kaboodle and take the copy to my mother-in law house. Our off-site storage.

The Good place Besides the show’s humor being lovely, delightful and kind, the acting performances being top notch, it makes my DH and I think and talk about the show and moral issues raised. We probably have a one hour or more chat about each half hour show. And it never fails to surprise and never takes the cheap and obvious way out. I think it is perfect TV.

Rye

I haven't seen that show, but any show that prompts discussion is a winner! My husband and I used to watch 'Married at First Sight', where people are matched up with another by professionals, ie counselors, therapists etc. They actually meet at the alter! We started watching it, as just light humor, after we had fixed our marriage. It prompted a lot of mid watching discussions, and we knew exactly why they would have problems. It strengthened ours!
    Ooh sorry about having a sore throat. I am still a fan of the tried and true warm salt water gargle!

Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    The Good Place: my daughter loves it. It is her favorite show. I watched one episode and couldn’t get into it. I do love This is Us, but I’m way behind by about 10 episodes. For some reason, TV hasn’t appealed to me in a while. I’m behind on all my shows.

I’m drinking coffee and about to head out to brave Atlanta traffic to take my mother to see her cousin, I walked three miles with Dave and skipped the gym. The geography of the gym, Mama’s and my house jus5 made it too bothersome.

The thing about my arm. Skin cancer wasn’t even on my radar. I thought it was a bug bite or scrape that just wouldn’t heal. I was at the dermatologist for a routine whole body check. That spot wasn’t even one I asked about. So, a PSA for y’all: shave your legs and go get checked from head to toe!

Oooh I love 'This Is Us' too! I cry every episode!
    Being a nudist, and a smart one at that, I have done the head to toe thing yearly. When I started with the dermatologist here, they were all cautious talking about put this gown on, and I just told them, "how about I just take my clothes off and stand". They commented on my all over colorness. The one nurse that took photos said that when she started, she took the best close up shots of moles etc.
    But then if you don't put any body parts to correlate where on the body they are, the photos just got lost! I have a couple of areas I have to keep track of. I have a skin condition like psoriasis, and so I have lesions here and there. No cure, but something I just live with. I don't shave my legs! Just call me Mrs. Sasquatch!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla, welcome home! Sleep like a baby, and mentally reattach yourself to this Oregonian mindset <3.

Well today we recd a call from OHSU and we go in this Thur for a CT scan. Starting this surgery ball rolling.
    Becca
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Rita, hang in there girl!

Beckyobryan, welcome to the group. This group is great and will give you the info and encouragement you need.

Barbie, YEAH! For Jack’s surgery. I hope he can find relief.

Allie, I hope your brother behaves himself at dinner tonight. Nice of him to have you up though.

Meg, keep trying and don’t give up. I have faith in you that you can do it.

Katla, glad you are home safe.

Becca, glad you are getting the surgery ball rolling. You are moving forward.

(((Felicia)))

Terry
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Got some housecleaning done this morning and then my financial adviser came to go over some stuff. I will be 70 1/2 this year so have to start drawing from my IRAs. We discussed how I wanted to do that and when and how much tax to have withheld. I am glad that is done. Also had to change beneficiary as WA will only let me leave it to my DH unless he signs something saying I can leave it to someone else. Doing well on food today. Will pick up DGD from school today. She has to give me a final choice on puppy name.

Katla - Glad you made it home safely.

Michele - Enjoy the warm.

Becca - Your posts are always so entertaining.

Wendy - Yikes! Now to come up with new plans.

ytgwgymq4f8f.jpg

Silly picture of new puppy, probably going to be named Nessa. DD bringing her home Friday or Saturday.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Ladies, for such a warm welcome. I'm so excited to get to meet y'all. today is my second day on this site. As I mentioned in my earlier post, working out has always been a chore for me because I have an auto immune condition which causes joint pain. I did find a workout program that I like on youtube and it seems like it going to work for me.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies for all the {{{{{HUG}}}}}. Dizzy spells are not really new; but troubling because I don't know when they'll hit. Going to NeuroMD on 20th. Tomorrow, when I go for a sonogram on liver & pancreas will ask if they'll do a Dilantin check for a follow-up from last one so it will be at NeuroMD's office when I go to him. My luck he will want to repeat the MRI or have me go through another CT. I get sleepy in the late afternoon as well.

Since MFP apparently took down the posting of 'needing' to vent ... which was just a joke and that fact was added to the post, you can see it on my FB page. Gist of story is that woman goes to Wal-Mart, standing in self-checkout line and drops a $20 bill, woman in front of her, picks it up and she thanks her, holds out her hand but woman tells her 'if found on the earth, then it is becomes the property of the person picking it up'. She cannot believe it nor can the woman behind her. She (thief) leaves and is followed out of the store in a hurry. Woman goes out behind her and follows her, in hot pursuit. Woman gets to her car and sets the groceries down and tries to open the trunk. So one who had her $$$ taken, breaks into a sprint and scoops up the bags and runs to her car, jumps in and leaves. When she gets home and opens up the bags, she finds 3 packages of steak (great cut), some fresh salmon, baked potatoes, and all the fixings for a salad, also a bottle of wine. Says it wasn't bad for $20 the thief had taken from her. On down, she admits the story is just a joke. When I reposted it to my FB page, I got a whole lot of comments, thinking I had actually done it. Sisters both said they thought I had had a Kathi Bates ("Fried Green Tomatoes") moment and were disappointed to learn it was just a joke. Now I know what they think about me. IF it had actually happened to me ... I probably would have strongly considered doing it. Just a few hours earlier I had taken a $20 bill out of my purse and gone inside K-Mart where I have filled all my Rxs there since we moved back to Albany (35+ years ago). The PA knows me and I have never been asked to show my ID before. Trey had to go in because he had his ID. I did not feel like going back in. I'm sure the PA was in a pissy mood because with K-Mart closing at 6:00 yesterday, she'll no longer have a job. I knew K-Mart was closing, but I had nor known the pharmacy was going to close up before the store does in late March - mid-April.

Allie - Don't let TomCat browbeat you into a settlement you don't deserve because he knows you are vulnerable just because you are grieving. Let your attorney take that off your shoulders, she will be able to tell you what is fair, or not. Listen to her.

While I never want to lose a limb, I think if I had my 'druthers' I would think it would be easier to lose a leg (or a portion of it) than to lose an arm.

Got all my chores done. Making a king-sized bed is very difficult making with one arm. Having my wrist immobilized is harder than my shoulder (but still had use of my fingers).

Chow!!!

Lenora
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Katla - WELCOME HOME! Sounds like an awful journey. <3

Becca - Glad the surgery is moving forward. :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    :heart: