WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I've got Good Place on my list to watch I'm lucky in that my DD has added me to her Netflix and Amazon accounts so streaming costs me nothing, I recently bought Amazon Firestick which is better than my old Apple TV

Have done exercise and off to get my roots done now

We keep getting snow flurries but set to clear later very cold though

Have a great day everyone

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    MOrning all, NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka you're right, the laundry and decorations can wait while you study for the exam. You are a wonder woman to work full time and take such an intensive course. Brava!

Aw ... thanks! :blush:

I'm not sure how "wonderful" I'll feel by Thursday afternoon. It's Tuesday night now and I'm planning to stay up till about 2 or 2:30 am, and again on Wednesday night, then the last bit of studying Thursday morning.

However, I did just sort out the concept of Probability in my head finally, so that's good ... and my stress level is such that my appetite has almost disappeared, so I'm easily staying within my calories. Maybe I can lose a little bit of weight in this process!!

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My throat is full of razor blades and my cough makes it a special form of torture in there. I didn’t know sugar free cough drops existed but DH found them for me.

Back-ups DH set us up a networked drive and back-up. But once a year we copy the whole kit and kaboodle and take the copy to my mother-in law house. Our off-site storage.

The Good place Besides the show’s humor being lovely, delightful and kind, the acting performances being top notch, it makes my DH and I think and talk about the show and moral issues raised. We probably have a one hour or more chat about each half hour show. And it never fails to surprise and never takes the cheap and obvious way out. I think it is perfect TV.

Rye
  • sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good morning, Ladies

Tracking my food daily and although I've gone over several times, it wasn't enough to give up. Excess weight isn't gained overnight, so I have to remind myself it won't be lost overnight either. Persistence!

Today's task is taking my mom to the bank to notarize her signature for unclaimed money. It was suggested to my SIL to research a site as she's the executor for her mother's estate. So I looked at the site and found my mom's name listed, but, alas, nothing for me. The address is unclaimed dot org. If you search, I recommend using your last name only as I found 2 entries for my mom, one being her nickname.

Sue
    Troutdale, OR
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Oooh Pip you got a green hand! I am green with envy!
    Love those pics!
    Becca

oh no not me that's the Kirb man!

Ohhh, OK. Any guy that can grow things, is a gem indeed! My husband let's me play in the dirt, fill pots etc, but my patience is a kind of live or die plant, don't be looking all wimpy at me!!!
    Becca

We both joke, we look at a plant , it dies. Don’t have a house plant because of that. They are beautiful to have in the home, if we had them, they would end up dead
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Heather what a caring friend you are. Profiteroles were just the thing for your friend to enjoy after such a grueling day.
    Terry rooting for you making your goal. Happy birthday a week in advance ;)
    Lenora OWWWWW! Are the dizzy spells something new? BP? Sorry I missed your venting joke ;{
    Joyce Onderland is Onderful no matter why. You are loved here, Joyce, whether you get out of bed or not ;)
    Yvonne, asking hubs for one weekend a month for household projects? Brilliant!
    Drkatiebug, Fooey on basal cell! Very glad you got it checked out. Good luck taking your mother to see her cousin, prayers for her and your family.
    Wendy so glad your daughter is well enough to drive and soak. Hope her pain resolves soon. LOVE the "leave a note" idea ;)
    Machka you're right, the laundry and decorations can wait while you study for the exam. You are a wonder woman to work full time and take such an intensive course. Brava!
    Barbie great idea, will use this thread as reward. Safe travels and good thoughts for solution to Jake's back issue.
    Lanette "at least shaved my legs" LOL, That only happens here just before a Dr appt. ;}
    Sue in WA Maintenance man in the locker room? Yikes!
    pip sure looks like spring wherever you are!
    Michele let your friends pamper you, sinus pain stinks.
    Becca we had a champagne vine back in Boise and boy did the dogs love those sweet grapes that dropped. ;)

Mindful hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Those are old pics
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Just done Day 2 Week 6 of c25k. :D Very cold out. Brrrrr! I listened to Schubert on my headphones to see if that helped the earworms. Not quite the same as a catchy beat, but it got me through. KJ - I have to have some music on because I'm using an app that talks you through the different stages and you need the music for the bits in between. When I'm a proper runner I might not have it on.
    I needed something from Amazon to add to my Add On items, so I ordered a book about running - Your Pace Or Mine. I told DH and it turned out he'd already bought it for me as a gift for Valentine's Day. What a sweet thought! (I think I've told you this already!) So, as it arrived yesterday I've given it to my yoga friend who walks and runs. :D We all went out for coffee in the pub after yoga today as next week is a gap week. I was used as an example of forward bends today in the class. :Do:)

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Betsy - safe travels.

Michele in FL now
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Pip, those flowers are so beautiful. Wish I had your green thumb.

Wendy, I love your way of thinking ! so many great ideas.

Evelyn, hope you enjoy your day of pampering.

Lanette, since my hysterectomy, the hair on my legs don’t grow except for one or two on each leg. Still have under arm hair though not as thick. Don’t missing shaving at all.

Allie, give yourself some down time. Remember you are still grieving and need to take some time to yourself.

Beth, not sure if it will help but when I crave chocolate I have an orange. I read somewhere that they use oranges to help suppress cravings for drug addicts and that it works for chocolate cravings too. Seems to work for me. I know you can do it.

Rye, tea with honey is great for a sore throat.

Sue from OR, good for you tracking your food. Yes, unfortunately it won’t be lost overnight.

Drkatie, I love This is Us! I watched the last episode for this season and cried (of course). You get so into the characters and feel for them. I’ve cried many an episode. It’s also go to see that one of the main characters is obese and still has a life.

Betsy, have a safe trip

Terry in VT awaiting the storm that's coming.