JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    cynhow wrote: »
    2/10/2018 - the weekends are generally my downfall. I usually overeat to the point that I gain back any losses from the week. Not this weekend though!
    1. Log everything and be accurate with portion sizes! :)
    2. Spend one hour organizing\cleaning out some clutter. :)
    3. Water!!! :)

2/11/2018
    1. Get the laundry fully completed!
    2. Water
    3. Move my body for a bit.

Oh my goodness, that is great! You did a wonderful job staying focused and changing your habits. AND you got an hour of organizing done---when I do that, it brings such satisfaction and peace.

Here's to an equally marvy Monday---and drink that water!

Peace and joy
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    New to this group. Needing support.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I love this thread. I’m new to MFP and calorie counting, having followed slimming world for most of my adult life! I’m enjoying my new found freedom but I’m one of these that expects results yesterday so I think this thread will help me to take things 1 day at a time.
    My goals for today are:
    - Log everything on here
    - Drink 4 glasses water (I’m a terrible water drinker so it’s a start!)
    - No snacking on junk

Welcome! You have arrived at a great place to find accountability, support, encouragement. I have been on here since the beginning of January. I was a horrible water drinker as well and set my daily goals lower than the suggested 8. Today, I still set my goal around 6 but I usually make it to 8 or beyond. Here are some tips that some of us are doing to meet our water goal: Set a glass that measures 8oz on your kitchen island, or somewhere you can see it. A red or other colored cup is good to get your attention. Set a cup in the bathroom (if you can tolerate non-filtered water). If you work outside the home, set water by your desk.

This is my routine now to get 6-8 cups in: I have found that if I drink at least three cups of water within the first 1.5 hours in the morning, I can pretty much reach 8 cups. First thing in the morning, I get my handy dandy 8 oz cup and drink one cup of water with my vitamins. Look at that! I've already had one cup, yea! While I putter in the kitchen, I drink another cup. Then I make herbal tea in my mug that measures 1.33 cups. Now, I've had 3.33 cups of water. If I don't have tea then I'll chug another cup of water. I will try to get one more cup of water in before I get dressed. If I didn't mind sink water, I would set an 8oz cup by my sink and drink a cup after brushing my teeth. As of right now I've had 4.33 cups of water/hot tea and it's 7:30am.

And that's another thing. Find water you like. I do not mind filtered water from our fridge. I also buy LeCroix water. It has no sweeteners. Just the essence of fruit and some bubbles. I drink a can a day, sometimes two. Each can has 1.5 cups of water. (buying the bottles is cheaper but I like the feel of the can...makes me think I'm drinking pop)

Using an 8oz cup has helped greatly. It's not as daunting. Even when I fill it right back up and drink a second cup it seems easier than if I'm using a 12 oz or 16 oz cup.

I keep that cup out on the island where I can see it. And I make myself stop and drink.

Okay, that's all I've got for you! I pretty much drink 8 cups of water now---with the first 3 or 4 hurriedly taken care of. I think the water has helped with my weight loss, so that's another incentive for me to just "Do It!"

Have a great week. Hope to see you here again!

Peace and joy
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Just for Sunday
    1. Avoid processed carbs :)
    2. Increase water from yesterday. :)
    3. Add 10 items to donate box, to make up for yesterday's 5 I didn't add :)
    4. Update bullet journal :)
    5. Continue with Body Groove program's next step :( Went bumming with husband so didn't do this.
    6. Read today's Simple Abundance and re-read 52 Small Changes...Week 7 chapter :) Doing this as soon as I finish logging here!
    7. Read next step in Beck's and update my index cards :)
    8. Prep for next week by selecting outfits for the week and hanging in spare room :)
    9. Prep for tomorrow - coffee pot, breakfast & lunch :)
    10. Commit to hitting my step goal this week every day, so I can increase by 1000. :)
    11. Bed sleeping by 10, up without hitting snooze tomorrow. :) Heading to bed in 10 minutes. It remains to be seen if I"m sleeping by 10 or getting up without hitting snooze, but it is the plan.

Today, I tried a few different things to keep my eating under control. One of those things was to wear my jeans all day around the house instead of sweatpants. I never used to wear sweatpants. I started wearing them all the time in the last couple of years, which makes it easier to eat because with the elastic waistband they don't feel tight. So, one lifestyle change I'm making is that I will be wearing my blue jeans again unless I'm exercising.

Just for Monday
    1. No processed carbs
    2. 65 oz of water or decaf beverages (tea)
    3. Body Groove program = next step, after work
    4. Review Beck's index cards at least twice
    5. Hit my step goal
    6. Read today's Simple Abundance and Beck's Diet Solution
    7. Prep Tuesday's lunch, coffee pot, and set out clothes
    8. 30 minutes cardio (Body Groove?)
    9. Bed sleeping by 10, and get up in morning without hitting snooze

Perhaps I can't control what happens in life, but I certainly can control how I react to it.

Wow! Your post is beaming with all those smiley faces!!! Super great job. RE: sweats. I think it's a great idea to wear jeans to remind you of the waste band. I tossed my sweats out almost ten years ago, and I've not regretted it. I do not have yoga pants (I just work out in an old pair of cropped pants or shorts). But if I did, I would use them just for exercise/yoga. Even though I am home during the day, I put on jeans or slacks and shoes. It increases my productivity and I just "feel" better.

Oh, and I see you prepped and accessorized your clothes for the week---I think that really got your mornings off to a great start...I'm glad you got it done again...less stress for the morning!

Peace and joy
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    all goals met :)

Today I found myself seriously considering skipping exercise 'cause I don't feel 100% but then realized that isn't something 2019 me would accept as an excuse, and I'd just be disappointed with 2018 me.
    In the end I did exercise and I'm going to bed feeling strong (though worn out). hope I can remember this for the next time :)

stay within KJ limit
    watch out for sugar and sodium limits
    eat chia for breakfast
    avoid dairy and gluten
    avoid coffee
    complete 30mins on exercise bike
  • toaljasa
    Options
    vczK2t wrote: »
    New to this group. Needing support.

Welcome! Post your daily goals JFT(Just For Today) and we will encourage and support you to get 'em done!

Have a great and successful Monday!

Peace and joy
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 1/11 - Another day of rest at home...best medicine for me! Fitbit 4,543 steps, 250+ steps 6/14 hours & 5 floors :smile:
    1) Sang with choir in 7:45 & 9:00 church services :smiley:
    2) Make pea soup using leftover ham bone / net calories green / monitor the usual = My appetite has returned!
    Enjoyed yummy soup / snacked throughout day & logged / think I really needed that. Net calories & sugar red / sodium & protein good / fiber low / 12c water :neutral:
    3) Wash dishes / clean litter box area = 2x done :smiley::smiley:
    4) Find last weekly weigh in post (not done last Sat. due to flu) and update = done :smile:
    5) Bed & TV off 10:15 = done but still need to return to full bedtime routine :neutral:

JFT M 1/12 - Feeling so much better, almost back to normal :smile:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green / monitor the usual
    3) Huge to-do list / do at least 2-3 items in evening
    4) Unwind 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options

8. INTERVIEW @ 1

Good luck on your interview today!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Keep us updated on the interview! Good luck.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT recap--weekend. carbs were eaten, but not too many, i think. My husband is really getting into keto cooking.

JFT 2/12
    log everything
    drink 4 bottles--1.5 down already
    stay green
    swim 1000--we have parent teacher conferences this week, which means two 12 hour days in a row for us teachers. So the most workouts possible will be 3. More likely 2, since by Friday i will be a zombie.
    Really need to crochet. working on a valentine's gift and there is no way it will be finished.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Wow! Your post is beaming with all those smiley faces!!! Super great job. RE: sweats. I think it's a great idea to wear jeans to remind you of the waste band. I tossed my sweats out almost ten years ago, and I've not regretted it. I do not have yoga pants (I just work out in an old pair of cropped pants or shorts). But if I did, I would use them just for exercise/yoga. Even though I am home during the day, I put on jeans or slacks and shoes. It increases my productivity and I just "feel" better.

Oh, and I see you prepped and accessorized your clothes for the week---I think that really got your mornings off to a great start...I'm glad you got it done again...less stress for the morning!

Peace and joy

Thank you! I don't know what happened, but suddenly yesterday a few light bulbs went on. :mrgreen:

Regarding the jeans....I really don't know what happened! I never used to wear sweat pants around the house. I always wore jeans and a top and did my hair and make-up because I wanted to look nice for my husband. I also just plain felt better when I did that. I don't know what happened to change that...probably a few factors: stressed out from work, dealing with complications of chemo and surgeries, weight gain, depression... Excuses, of course, but I think I think I got in a rut and just didn't even realize it. So, I'm glad you understand what I'm coming from with that one! I really believe it will make a difference. A small change that could pay out big!

And yes, this is week 2 for setting out my outfits for the week so I can just shower and go without thinking about it. Also making my breakfast and lunch for the next day, getting coffee pot set on auto timer, and my laptop bag packed and by the door ready to go. My oh my, does that ever make my morning go smooth!!!

xoxo
  • toaljasa
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Thank you! I don't know what happened, but suddenly yesterday a few light bulbs went on. :mrgreen:

Regarding the jeans....I really don't know what happened! I never used to wear sweat pants around the house. I always wore jeans and a top and did my hair and make-up because I wanted to look nice for my husband. I also just plain felt better when I did that. I don't know what happened to change that...probably a few factors: stressed out from work, dealing with complications of chemo and surgeries, weight gain, depression... Excuses, of course, but I think I think I got in a rut and just didn't even realize it. So, I'm glad you understand what I'm coming from with that one! I really believe it will make a difference. A small change that could pay out big!

And yes, this is week 2 for setting out my outfits for the week so I can just shower and go without thinking about it. Also making my breakfast and lunch for the next day, getting coffee pot set on auto timer, and my laptop bag packed and by the door ready to go. My oh my, does that ever make my morning go smooth!!!

xoxo

Yes, that's the other reason I wear jeans or slacks. Years ago---probably about the time I quit wearing sweats--I was convicted to stop dressing so "slovenly" for my husband. He had never said a word about the sweats, but when I did start putting on a dab of make up and dressing nicer, he sure noticed! I realized it takes the same amount of time for me to put on sweats and tshirt as it does to don slacks/nice jeans and a blouse. Five minutes to put on a dab of color. And, I'm ready to walk out the door to do errands if need be! And I really do feel more positive and accomplish more.

I think you are on to something with your nightly prep---and you've probably read about a jillion times to do what you are now doing, but we have to wait til our own personal light bulb goes on! And these relatively small changes are creating less stress, leading to an overall healthier and confident you physically and mentally!