Options
    Terry in VT - feel better fast

Penny - how exciting! Thanks for sharing

Gotta get back to the ice dancing.

Michele loving every minute of being in FL
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, I have been getting electrolysis to get rid of my "old lady hairs". It has helped immensely and isn't stupidly expensive.
    Joyce, your kitties are very cute! Hope your stroke recovery keeps going. My mom had MS, ended up in a wheelchair eventually.
    Penny, so nice to hear from you! Great photo too. Martha Stewart huh? Never did like her much, oh well, my opinion only.
    Becca, glad hubby had one procedure already, hope his next one happens sooner rather than later. Keeping you both in my thoughts.
    Allie, sure hope you get your separation stuff settled soon!
    Sorry, had more stuff to say but my tablet had it's own idea and I lost my post. Grrr....
    My back is starting to feel better, but I guess I've been compensating with my right hip because now it really hurts. Seeing my chiropractor tomorrow, hopefully she can help. Had a do nothing day today. I kinda enjoyed it! I did do a bit in what will be our grandsons room, if we ever get to have him overnight, soon it will be ready for him.
    Hope everyone has a great day/night!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr- thanks! Your picture looks awesome! I'm glad you are having great results. You are doing a fantastic job and you should be very proud of yourself! The more you keep it up and slowly increase the weight you will not believe what is possible.

<3

Mary from Arizona

Thanks, Mary. I Will increase weight tomorrow and drop back reps a bit.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    SueBDew -thanks! You as well as everyone on here has helped me/us with our journey to a healthier lifestyle! This is a great group of ladies and a fantastic place to come for motivation and especially support!

Janetr - when I go up in weight I cut down to 3 sets of goblet squats at five reps and restart the 5 Week program with 7 sets of 7 reps of swings. Then follow the program for slowly increasing the number of sets. Let me know if you need any other information!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    If the image attaches properly, this is PupPup, my funny valentine. She's a mix of Shih Tzu and Poodle, and just an absolute delight.

475kywwm6mm2.jpg

That is cutest dog I've ever seen!!!!
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    SueBDew -thanks! You as well as everyone on here has helped me/us with our journey to a healthier lifestyle! This is a great group of ladies and a fantastic place to come for motivation and especially support!

Janetr - when I go up in weight I cut down to 3 sets of goblet squats at five reps and restart the 5 Week program with 7 sets of 7 reps of swings. Then follow the program for slowly increasing the number of sets. Let me know if you need any other information!

<3

Mary from Arizona

Oh great, Mary, thank you for the information.

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    "Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Congratulations for your cycling medals. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, WOO HOO on the medals! Well done girl!

exermom wrote: »
    Machka - congrats on those medals. You guys deserve them

lhscapil wrote: »

Machka
    - you were busy! No wonder we didn't hear from you! Wow, it really hits home how active you are when you see those medals. Thank you for sharing.
    ryenday wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

39530643284_1a79a3256c_z.jpg
    Machka in Oz

How fun and wonderful! I have to say, as a swimmer I’m jealous. My mile swim event I did last fall? I got a T-shirt for raising over a certain amount of money but I didn’t even get a piece of fruit or bottle of water afterwards because they decided to pack up everything before I finished ( last, but 10 minutes BEFORE the one hour time was up.). I finished to a completely empty building ( the lifeguard took off before I had exited the pool!) with my husband and the cleaning lady being the only people left. I was appalled, humiliated, angry, hungry and thirsty. We stopped into a 7-11 to buy me fruit and a bottle of water afterwards.

The organization ( swim across America - cancer research charity) is the only group swim activity like that I can find but I’m never swimming for them again. I guess that makes me petty, but I’ll donate to some other group instead.

Your adventures ( and pip’s and Wendy’s hike group) make me long for similar camaraderie and fun rewards like the patches and medals, but not enough to run or cycle (that would be s safety hazard anyway) - lol

Thank you, everyone. :)

Last year was full-on with all the events and everything. This year hasn't been quite so heavy ... yet. But it is starting to ramp up now.

Rye, I have a friend who does all sorts of swims everywhere ... maybe I should pay more attention to what exactly he does, but he and his wife have picked up medals and various things from their swims.

And that is really too bad about your mile swim!! :angry:

I've been on a century (100 mile) ride like that once ... couple hundred riders out on the course of various levels (you didn't have to qualify to enter) so there were riders who completed the 100 miles in 4 hours and some who were still on the course at 8 hours.

There was a feed station at one point, then a big loop back to that feed station, and then the final leg home. I was going to do the loop first and then stop at the feed station, but for some reason right at the last minutes I decided to stop before the loop. Good thing I did! There was hardly anything left then, and there were still probably about 50 riders behind me. By the time I finished the loop and stopped in for some more water, that's about all there was ... just water. And there were still riders coming into the station for the first time.

Then when I got to the end, they were packing up to go and asked me if I thought there were any more riders out there ... um, yes! Quite a few!! With heavy sighs they decided to stop packing up and wait just a bit longer. I was not impressed!

On all the events we organise, we make sure all the riders are taken care of however fast or slow they are.

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Terry - I have had bladder infections a lot in my life, not so many nowdays, and they NEVER went away without antibiotics. I'm not a fan of antibiotics generally, but I always rush to get them at the first sign of cystitis, which I think is one of the most miserable things in the world. Once a niggle turned into a full blown UTI. Took ages to get over it.

Valentine's Day today. We had a lovely presents exchange this morning, including the book about running that I had ordered for myself and had to give away to a friend. :laugh: Going to have the blinis and a chicory salad for lunch and fillet steak with a small blob of garlic butter and fennel and spinach for dinner. We will open a bottle of our best red wine. I'm going to do kettlebells and line dancing as my bonus calories this afternoon. Did some different weight bearing exercises this morning, based on one I saw in the MFP email and another one that was on the TV last night - walking burpees. :o:p;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Have to admit...yesterday was Fat Tuesday. I had some chocolate cake and Girl Scout shortbread cookies. You know, today I feel ikky. I think I just may be ready to eat just when I'm hungry, at least that's what I'm going to try (again) for Lent this year. What's everyone else. What a cruel twist the church did, making Lent start on Valentine's Day.

pstge - what an adorable pup!

Going to the Y now.

Michele in lovely FL for now
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Ladies!

Sharon - you made me laugh! No hula for this uncoordinated lady! I do well to not trip on my own feet.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well I went to sleep early, but didnt sleep well at all,gee I wonder why.. I am working 12-6 today, my friend that has watched Alfie is leaving for Dominican Republic for a week, and has a diabetic dog , she is such a cutie and I will be taking her for a walk daily.. since she has helped me so much.. she is such a doll.. but wont walk Alfie and her together because she is older and skitterish..
    I know you will all yell at me,but Tom looked like he was going to cry yesterday and I felt bad..
    I will let him deal for a bit and see if we can get things worked out so there is no trial... I have used up the 10,000 that was awarded to my attorney and will need more for yesterday and the trail..
    Off to get Taliah on the bus..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Oh, no, Allie. I'm sick. Enough said

Have a few questions about Facebook for anyone who is on FB. What does it mean when you are friends with someone, you can see their posts, but when you go to their homepage and don't see your name listed under their "friends".

Also, when you look at their "friends", there is usually a button on the right that says "add friend". What does it mean when this button doesn't appear next to one person's name?

Michele