WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Lanette - regarding the "flab", the thing that bothers me is that I never used to have as much flab. Recently it seems to be just multiplying. I just have to work more on loving the body I have.

Mary - what a neat festival. thanks for sharing.

Michele in beautiful (if humid) FL
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: Exercise often helps my mood, too. I hope your DH gets his hernia taken care of asap. :star:

Heather: It is good news that your son will be back to work on Monday. :flowerforyou:

Dr Katie: I got an iphoneX while we were travelling. DS and DDIL have them and encouraged me to give one a try. I miss my old phone, but I've sent it to my diabetic DGD so that it can be used to help track her blood sugars. She has a sensor implanted that gives constant blood sugar readings and the phone automatically forwards the readings to her school nurse, her mom and her medical team. As to the new phone, I'm starting to get around within it. If push comes to shove and I'm not happy with my skills I'll take a class at the Apple "Palace" in downtown Portland. :wink:

Michele currently in FL: We watched the Olympic opening yesterday, too. There was lots of pomp, and a partial miracle for Korea. By combining their athletes into a unified team they've taken an important step. The event I watched was curling. I haven't seen much of that in years and enjoyed watching. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I watched curling with my DSIL yesterday. The Korean pair won the match against the American brother and sister. I remembered seeing curling on TV as a child, but that was a long time ago. :smiley:

DSIL & DBIL will be here again tonight and are leaving for home in the morning. Later tomorrow I will have a riding lesson, the first since my teacher's Christmas break. I was sick and didn't have enough energy to ride for quite a while & then we were travelling so I've been away from the stable for a very long time. I haven't been to yoga in over two weeks, either. Next week I'm hoping to get back into my groove.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Michele - having dealt with being heavy all my life, did a lot of research. While you can get better muscle tone, which will give some appearance of spot reduction, anything that touts "reduce" a particular area of your body is bogus. However, you can reduce some overall body fat by building muscle--you ought to get your body fat percentage checked. Bet money with all your exercise, you're close to low normal already. Anything under that can be hazardous to your health. This is actually a really good article on body fat percentages.https://www.oxygenmag.com/fat-loss/the-fit-womans-guide-to-body-fat-9235

Edit: the reason I was interested was because I had lost so much weight so fast when I went in the military I was down to about 11% body fat (90 pounds in 90 days - I was 19, and stupid). And I kept fainting the first couple weeks in basic training. They found out why when they tested me, and made me start eating more. Thereby beginning a cycle that still tortures me. :cold_sweat:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    ((((Becca)))) <3<3

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Becca- that is awesome about the rock! You will have to post a picture of it when you get it! Sorry to hear about DH! Will be praying for him! <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Becca, many good thoughts winging their way from the right coast to the left... Thinking about you, my dear, and your dear Chief.

Lisa in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1410368au83pgub4e.gif
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Becca- sending good wishes and prayers for your DH. My BIL has the episodes with his liver and has those procedures. Always hard but in the end it makes him feel better. Bless your heart, take care of yourself and keep us posted.
    SueBDew in TX
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    katla - I know Vince would love to see curling (so would I) but it's shown on a channel that we don't get down here.

Lisa - oh, I know that you can't spot reduce. It's just so frustrating because this is so new to me. 11% bf!
    wow! I'm 23/24

Dear Becca - (((HUGS)))) for all you and dh are going thru. I totally understand those apple fritters. Maybe just have one and throw the rest away.

Joyce - beautiful girls

Welcome everyone new to a very supportive group

Michele in FL now who is off to dreamland