WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Becca, I am praying for the best possible outcome with your husband’s illness. It sounds very serious.

Welcome new people. I know the tired all the time feeling. Sometimes I just have to tell myself to get up and do something and somehow I get it done. I find I do feel better when I follow my healthy eating plan.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I want to clear up a misconception. We went to a dance. My husband danced. But he cannot dance! Lol I applaud his effort.

Much love to all. Praying for your hubby, Becca. Is he at OHSU?

Welcome to the new ladies.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

Yep at OHSU. He is resting comfortably. He shall call me tomorrow. Son might visit him after he gets off work. I am hoping the doctors all have a powwow, and he has the surgery. Prudence brought me a little rose, bless her!
    Becca
    Oregon
    Thanks for the great thoughts ladies! Love ya!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Machka, where are you?

Having a frustrating time with my weight stuck, despite my bonus exercise in the pm. Decided to do a check on body fat after Lisa's post. So I measured myself and my measurements have gone down by half an inch each on waist and hips. :drinker: Must be doing something right! I do feel good, apart from a squishy tummy and wrinkly skin. Oh, and cellulite thighs. :o I'd love to be able to wear shorts, Michele. I've had cellulite since I was 21. :'( Inherited from my mother. :s
    So my body fat was 26% according to the very inaccurate test I did with the tape measure. Not awful, but room for improvement.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Becca:- best wishes for your husband's treatment.
    Karen UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    :h
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,825 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I am awake but just sort of resting in bed.
    Becca-thinking of your honey and wishing him a swift recovery..and you my friend you have us all in your pocket xoxo.
    Well went to see the medium yesterday,and of course dad came barging through wanting to be my protector. My godson was fighting for time with me too,but dad over road...
    I from what she said are a caregiver,protector, counselor, healer and teacher...knew I had children one going through very very hard time,and one super emotional...both will be ok...dad is taking care of everyone from the other side...
    Had to write one question down on piece of paper and she help it in her had the whole time we were together...I asked her to ask Dad where the will was..now she didn't know what I wrote but she said let me share a memory with you..we could never find my dad's will..and I said BINGO..dad said there are things in the house that are sentimental but if you need the money sell them....
    Bought a pendulum stone...and she was put mingling before reading and showed me how it works..you ask it yes or no questions and it will move with the question.so my brother was freaking out,it wouldn't work for him if he held it,but it worked for me...so somewhere in my dad's bedroom is the will..so the pendulum stone says ,and I keep thinking it's behind the mirror so will look today when I go up... enough yapping for now...
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies,

Scale up a pound. Oh well, it comes it goes and I plug along. DD got enough of her homework done to be able to take tomorrow off and spend the day with me. Going to take a drive and do some clothes shopping . Also want to stop on the way at an antique mall that is huge and fun to go through. Maybe I’ll even find something that I can incorporate with my jewelry. That will be fun. I’ve been looking at antique jewelry for inspiration and have some great idea spinning around in my head. Hope to try to take some pictures with my light box today. Going to cut another hole in the top so I’ll have light on three sides and that will take care of the shadows.

Allie, can’t wait to hear if you find the will in the bedroom. Years ago a group of us would go to get a reading. We alway had such fun.

Heather, good for you on the walking. WTG.

Barbara, the dr says I have female pattern baldness which is like what men get. I don’t have patches gone thank goodness just a general overall thinning on top. It is especially noticeable when in a bright light. Tried to gain but that didn’t help. I haven’t noticed it getting any thinner lately so if it stops now and doesn’t get any worse I’ll be thrilled.

Becca, the rocks are beautiful! What a great idea. Sending healing thoughts your DH’s way. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too. (((Hugs)))

Make it a good Sunday ladies.

Terry in VT

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    It's a rainy day in Georgia!

Carol
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Becca, thinking of you and your husband.

Betsy in Glendale AZ (from NW WA)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Prevention's Slim Strong and Firm DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to try the Next Level class

Don't know why, but I couldn't sleep last night. And got a craving for a piece of the chocolate cake I brought down.

Made some bacon the oven last night. By the time I finished making the package, I'd finally gotten down a good way to do it. Well, I'll know for another time.

Heather - how fast did your heartrate come down?

After exercise, went to Publix. Got 4 newspapers. There's supposed to be a special supplement about SpaceX. Also got some oranges, they had Asian Pears, and grapes. That should hold me for a while. Tomorrow after exercise I'll probably go to Aldi since I need vinegar. I was thinking that I may have to take some of the frozen food I brought back to them. I told you I went a bit hog-wild!

In the 80's again.

Michele in FL now
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Allergies bad today. Have sinus headache from them. Very windy. Think I might skip the walk until wind atops and headache clears.

Glad to hear food delivery works for son.

Can’t think, sneezing :s

RV Rita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to keep a peach and an apple in my pocketbook in case Vince decides he wants to go to Brusters or someplace else where I don't want the food.

Michele in sunny fL
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Michele - I don't know, because I wasn't wearing the watch, just reading it on the machine. Previously when I've tested it it's come down pretty fast.

Did my Day 1 Week 7 c25k today. Plus read a running magazine. :o:p I did fine. I forgot to wear my heart monitor though. :embarassed:

Did not do my typing. >:):s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Carol-that sounds like a song : ).
    Cold and freezing rain today, 80 predicted for Thursday. Crazy weather.
    I don’t have a exercise bike so I get up every commercial and walk. Amazing how many steps you can get in doing that. So I gained a pound this week so will have to do a better job with my diet. I am getting exercise but trainer at Y said I need to do more cardio. I love yoga and been going two or three times a week but may need to just do two and more cardio.
    Becca- thinking of you and your hubby.
    We’d to move.
    Suebdew in TX