WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Oh, no, Allie. I'm sick. Enough said

Have a few questions about Facebook for anyone who is on FB. What does it mean when you are friends with someone, you can see their posts, but when you go to their homepage and don't see your name listed under their "friends".

Also, when you look at their "friends", there is usually a button on the right that says "add friend". What does it mean when this button doesn't appear next to one person's name?

Michele

We can hide our friends list from other people. Go to Settings > Privacy and where it says "Who can see your friends list?", you can select from a whole list of options. If they've selected "Only Me" you won't be able to see their friends list. Many of my friends have it set up so that I can only see mutual friends. That seems to be a common privacy setting.

If you can see some of their friends, and there's no "add friend" button, it means that the person has made some selection to limit requests or maybe you are friends with them already.

There could be some sort of block in place as well.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    129pthdgrg61.jpeg
    Have a happy hearts day from the kids
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Checking in and saying Happy Valentines Day to everyone. Loved the story of the twin lambs. Challenge should be my word for 2018 instead of gratitude. Just joking, I'll stick with gratitude, it keeps me on track.

Yesterday was difficult and today will be also. Spending time with DH relatives. Wonderful people with hearts of gold but their lifestyle is so different from ours. They eat sugar and carbs and don't move much. I get a bit antsy when I don't get my walking in. They can't visit us because I rented a second floor condo without an elevator and none of them can do stairs. I didn't even think about it when I rented the condo. They have bad knees and backs and other health issues. Even is impossible to go to the park and sit because benches are "too hard". Yikes...

Oops I'm griping. I'm sad. I love these people and I see such a change in their health from a year ago.
    Betsy visiting in AZ
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kelly thank you. I've been using the 15# kettlebell, today I will up it to 25# and cut back on the number of reps and sets a little.

I've usually done them by this time but my cheek is a bit swollen and sore from the dentist drilling yesterday to put the crown on my tooth that broke. Waiting a bit for the Advil to kick in, which I'm not supposed to take due to the gastric bypass surgery but Tylenol does nothing for me.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    <3 Happy VD Ladies! <3

ka7gkdcuy8ov.jpg

Lanette
    Snowy (becoming rainy) SW WA State

Venereal desease day? i dunno but thats not something to be happy about
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I should not have stepped on the scale ☹️
    Happy Heart's Day!
    I weighed on Monday & was down a pound from Saturday. But today I was up that pound.
    I'm having trouble tolerating vitamins and mineral supplements. I get terrible indigestion, bloating, reflux and pain. My belly is hard and uncomfortable this morning. Anyone else have these issues?
    I'm trying to take:
    Centrum for women
    Calcium with minerals
    Magnesium
    Omega 3
    They each cause it. I've been trying only one kind per day to see which one. Its all of them - except the omega(possibly)
    ~Laura
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3Happy Valentine's Day <3<3<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Janetr- that is a big leap in weight. Make sure to take it easy! Let me know how it goes. I hope your cheek feels better!

Yvonne - let me know if you need any information on the kettle bell. I do a progressive overload program where you slowly increase the weight or the number of swings to continually increase muscle strength and stamina. Keeps the metabolism at its peak performance.

<3 Happy Valentines Day Ladies <3

Mary from Arizona