I got nowhere to go w this, im uncultured
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Chick days are coming! Peep peep peep
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The inevitable passage of time and how it's all just.. slipping away.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

i read last month irl physicists have found a mathematical formula for time travel provided we discover the right matter

then i thought maybe linear time is all some fallacy that we buy into because we only have three dimensional capacity for thinking

and then maybe we get to find out when we’re dead from this world

idk maybe that’s not comforting to u but it was to me

Not really, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

I don't fear death or what "after death" holds for me, so time "slipping" doesn't really make me uncomfortable like it might some. Mostly, I just find the human manufacturing of the concept of "time" to be interesting and.. unusual. Uniquely human, if you will.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Why does my belly button hurt? That’s what
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

i read last month irl physicists have found a mathematical formula for time travel provided we discover the right matter

then i thought maybe linear time is all some fallacy that we buy into because we only have three dimensional capacity for thinking

and then maybe we get to find out when we’re dead from this world

idk maybe that’s not comforting to u but it was to me

Not really, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

I don't fear death or what "after death" holds for me, so time "slipping" doesn't really make me uncomfortable like it might some. Mostly, I just find the human manufacturing of the concept of "time" to be interesting and.. unusual. Uniquely human, if you will.

oh i don’t fear death, but i hate linear time

like nostalgia, loss, uncertainty, hope, anxiety everything to do with being human is based on thinking about the past and the future and i hate it

even memory, so flawed and forms so much of our brains and informs our actions

i know theres like monks and zen masters that say they've overcome it but idk

I don't think time is really linear, so I guess I can't hate it, lol. There are a lot of theories on that, actually.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Contract negotiations. Can we cut the "we care about you" bs already. We both know all you care about is money.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    This morning as I'm celebrating my iron resolve and incredible willpower to resist temptation for lent: "Oh man, it's only been like two days. *kitten*"
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    The wait list for the HP challenge is apparently crazy long, I hope it lives up to my expectations after all this waiting
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    After joking for years that I really wouldn’t mind if my house burned down, my house actually burned down. So that feels weird.

Also I miss my mfp people.

<3
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    After joking for years that I really wouldn’t mind if my house burned down, my house actually burned down. So that feels weird.

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear that :(
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

<3

<3<3

:kissing_heart:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've just gotta say this again because it blew me away yesterday...

Who are these piece of *kitten* congressman who voted to weaken the Americans With Disabilities Act...

Has life taught you anything about morals and values? It's so ironic how the people in congress that run on their values have the least....

I'm sure Jesus would be proud of you all
    Just how low can people be?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear that :(

It’s wildly socially unacceptable to say it, but my feeling is the same as before the fire. I’m not sad for anything we lost. I feel a tremendous sense of relief.

People just assume I’m still in shock. They don’t know just how much I hate ‘stuff’. :grimace:

Well things can be replaced unlike people...
    That being said, I'm so incredibly sorry!
    Hope everyone is okay :heart: