New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    My favorite is still salted caramel. It is by far the best. This one was also delicious, although I would not say it tasted like a peanut butter cup. It tasted more like a chocolate butterscotch. I didn't taste any peanut butter flavor. Still tasty though, just didn't taste like pb cup lol. Peanut%20Butter%20Cup%20Syrup.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    If there's two flavors that are underrepresented by companies, it's cotton candy and carrot cake. Thank goodness Little Debbie solved one of those problems for us. I NEED to try these! (CandyHunting posted them on Instagram, they were spotted at Woodman's, which I don't live near but I'm sure Walmart will get them in, they have Walmart written all over them)
    q6e0ouzvc3ls.png

I am a big fan of carrot cake. But chunky carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I will try these because duh! it says carrot cake. But many times carrot cake products taste more like spice cake to me

Yeah, it’s pretty frustrating when you expect carrot cake and it turns out to be spice cake. I feel like it happens just as often as they try and substitute cotton candy for bubble gum flavoring and passing it off as the same thing -.- Luckily I like spice cake so I can look past it, but hopefully this will be more like actual carrot cake and less like spice cake.

I saw a space for them in Walmart but they were sold out. What I DID find was this pancake mix! I LOVE Cracker Barrel but this mix was enormous so I passed on it, there’s no way I could finish it (or I could, but I know I shouldn’t)
    No signs of the entenmann’s red velvet pancake mix yet :(
    gaylub3dax48.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    salted-caramel-cheesecake.jpg

This actually turned out fabulous! I used light butter and light cream cheese and egg whites to cut down the calories. (originally like 430 per slice and you get 8 slices) It came out to being around 250 per slice, which wasn't bad for a decent sized slice. I also added the skinny mixes sugar free salted caramel to the mix and it REALLY gave it a nice salted caramel flavor. Topped it with some sugar free caramel syrup and baked. My boyfriend and I each ate half the cake LOL. I probably wouldn't buy again unless it was on sale just because cheesecake isn't my favorite, but I liked that this was quick and easy to make.

mvfyy34xet3y.jpg

Hmm. To be fair, I was super disappointed by their salted caramel cheesecake, so I'm not sure how I would feel about a mix.

Also wondering what they put in a cheesecake mix if you have to add cream cheese and eggs, which is pretty much how you make a cheesecake in the first place? LOL. I guess they just package the topping and crust ingredients for you?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »

This actually turned out fabulous! I used light butter and light cream cheese and egg whites to cut down the calories. (originally like 430 per slice and you get 8 slices) It came out to being around 250 per slice, which wasn't bad for a decent sized slice. I also added the skinny mixes sugar free salted caramel to the mix and it REALLY gave it a nice salted caramel flavor. Topped it with some sugar free caramel syrup and baked. My boyfriend and I each ate half the cake LOL. I probably wouldn't buy again unless it was on sale just because cheesecake isn't my favorite, but I liked that this was quick and easy to make.

mvfyy34xet3y.jpg

Hmm. To be fair, I was super disappointed by their salted caramel cheesecake, so I'm not sure how I would feel about a mix.

Also wondering what they put in a cheesecake mix if you have to add cream cheese and eggs, which is pretty much how you make a cheesecake in the first place? LOL. I guess they just package the topping and crust ingredients for you?

I am not the best person to review cheesecake because I rarely ever have it since it's not my favorite desert. I've only had it at their restaurant once or twice. I'd have to compare it side by side a cheesecake made with just sugar instead of their mix to see if it actually tastes any better.

Although, now that you mention it it isn't really that much simpler than making it from scratch lol. I just liked that it was all in one box and preportioned. That's why I wouldn't buy it unless it was on sale because it basically is just giving you the crust, topping, and "sugar" that you normally add to a cheesecake.
  • nilimel
    nilimel Posts: 70 Member
    Instapot!
  • hgycta
    edited February 2018
    So I guess if you’re looking for those new Yasso pints Giant is the way to go, I’m pretty sure I found their entire lineup!
    Didn’t buy any since they’re more calories than I save for dessert. I was more hoping to find the new Enlightened or Arctic Zero pints and didn’t find neither, not even at Shoprite which I went to right afterwards out of desperation!!
    gm672x51nl41.jpeg
    vnthwtm8xb45.jpeg

I also found So Delicious’ new cold brew pint.... which I bet is TO DIE FOR. Unfortunately I’m a big dummy who gave up coffee for lent so I won’t be trying this for a while >~<
    5wt7bajmkeab.jpeg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

mvfyy34xet3y.jpg

This reminds me...when we ordered Cheesecake Factory by DoorDash a couple of weeks ago, instead of bringing the turtle cheesecake I ordered, I got key lime. Don't get me wrong, key lime is still delicious and I still ate it...but it wasn't the turtle cheesecake I ordered. :'(
  • missaubreyann07
    missaubreyann07 Posts: 3 Member
    I absolutely love advocare's new celebration cake shakes! They seriously taste just like funfetti cupcake mix!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    I was expecting this to be squeaky veggie noodle pasta covered in cheese sauce, but it’s actually really good and super similar to the real deal! I can hardly tell they’re not regular noodles other than a VERY slight lentil taste.... if I was blindfolded I would totally guess this was regular mac and cheese with a different type of sauce or whole wheat noodles. I will DEFINITELY buy it again! Perfect for satisfying your Kraft Mac & Cheese craving XD
    vso9pex2uzxy.jpeg

I see these all the time at Shop Rite but haven't tried them because I don't care for lentils too much. I think I will have to try them, and they are on sale this week!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    I was expecting this to be squeaky veggie noodle pasta covered in cheese sauce, but it’s actually really good and super similar to the real deal! I can hardly tell they’re not regular noodles other than a VERY slight lentil taste.... if I was blindfolded I would totally guess this was regular mac and cheese with a different type of sauce or whole wheat noodles. I will DEFINITELY buy it again! Perfect for satisfying your Kraft Mac & Cheese craving XD
    vso9pex2uzxy.jpeg

I see these all the time at Shop Rite but haven't tried them because I don't care for lentils too much. I think I will have to try them, and they are on sale this week!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    sphyxy wrote: »
    vso9pex2uzxy.jpeg

I thought about it and looked at the nutrition information and figured out that I'd be more satisfied with real pasta, considering that the calories are similar, lol.
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

mvfyy34xet3y.jpg

This reminds me...when we ordered Cheesecake Factory by DoorDash a couple of weeks ago, instead of bringing the turtle cheesecake I ordered, I got key lime. Don't get me wrong, key lime is still delicious and I still ate it...but it wasn't the turtle cheesecake I ordered. :'(

lol I would have been so disappointed.... lime just doesn't compare to chocolate/caramel/nuts

Not gonna lie, I threw a bit of a fit (especially on the inside). On the outside, I called CF who told me it was DD's problem...so I contact DD to have the correct item delivered and they only offered me a refund or credit. Told them the refund lacked that caramel-ly goodness I had been looking forward to all day long.

**sad trombone**

Free cheesecake though! But I hear you, their turtle cheesecake is tasty.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2018
    I tried Arctic Zero Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie light ice cream last night and while the taste was delicious, the texture was thin and as it melted, the runoff was little more than flavored water. So so disappointing. I'll finish the pint (I ate half last night), but I'll stick with my Halo Top in the future.
  • hgycta
    I tried Arctic Zero Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie light ice cream last night and while the taste was delicious, the texture was thin and as it melted, the runoff was little more than flavored water. So so disappointing. I'll finish the pint (I ate half last night), but I'll stick with my Halo Top in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! I still might give it a try (if I can find it) since we all seem to have different tastes and if it’s anything like polish water ice I’ll be extremely happy. Where did you find the pints??
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2018

Thanks for the heads up! I still might give it a try (if I can find it) since we all seem to have different tastes and if it’s anything like polish water ice I’ll be extremely happy. Where did you find the pints??

I found them at the Giant, in the same freezer where they keep Halo Top. The flavor really was delicious and the chocolate cookie pieces were nice and crunchy, so I can't complain about that at all!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

I found them at the Giant, in the same freezer where they keep Halo Top. The flavor really was delicious and the chocolate cookie pieces were nice and crunchy, so I can't complain about that at all!

Was it the new Arctic Zero pints or the older pints that have less calories?