JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 32

Options

Replies

• puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @str82nichelle - I'm glad you got a laugh! I hope I didn't come across as someone stealing from her, or pressuring her to give me her food. I honestly think she's been trying to (at least unconsciously) keep me fat all these years (she LOVES fat babies). The most common pattern I've had to deal with is her offering me food constantly (often half her plate at restaurants because she eats like a bird). Last night was different. I asked her, though I did it very nicely and would have accepted no for an answer :)

BTW... I love your profile pic thingie/avatar/whatever. You may have inspired me to try to look for something clever.
  • tishawj
    tishawj Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    puttyputty wrote: »
    Wow got my first woo...

That one wasn't me, but I know I "wooed" a few people a couple of months ago because I though I was cheering them on! I hope that's the case for your wooer. :)

Are we clear on the meaning of woo? I always thought it was woo hoo! What else could it mean?

I posted this a few pages back...but this is what the woo reaction is intended for

"Woo, also called woo-woo, is a term for pseudoscientific explanations that share certain common characteristics, often being too good to be true (aside from being unscientific). The term is common among skeptical writers. Woo is understood specifically as dressing itself in the trappings of science (but not the substance) while involving unscientific concepts, such as anecdotal evidence and sciencey-sounding words."

- found the best definition I could online...
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    @puddlegoober --I kinda had the feeling she just didn't want it and was a light eater when you said you all have been doing that for 14.5 years.

Oh yeah, I use to be a basketball junkie too. I played with the boys in our backyard growing up, at school with the girls :/ and then with the guys up until I was about 40. I still toss the ball around in the backyard now, but the Doc said no physical contact, and to be honest the body can't take it no more. So, enjoy it as long as you're physically able because it is a GREAT workout.