WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Made an offer for a house. We'll have to up it I know, but we don't want to lose it. :o Fingers crossed.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Know how ya feel! Took 2 counter offers yesterday. Inspections are on Thursday. Best of
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Cheri and Heather, sounds like the house hunting is going really well for both of you. Even though we are 3+ years away from thinking about moving, I've started to just look around. of course it will all be determined by what we can get for ours. Don't have a clue what that amount would be. It is fun to look though.

Plucking...I have the occasional hair that I have to pluck.

Terry
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Eyebrows— never pluck mine. Had them waxed for my 3 kids wedding, otherwise nope!

Rita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    KJ Glad that is successfully behind you! Always good to lighten the load on our worry scale.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    -Sharon in Alberta,
    Awe, most 15-17 year olds are one syllable spouters! A lot of meeh, eeeh, and aahs, I remember. Its like what, you are turning into a cave-kid!!!!
    Becca
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I've been having too much fun with Facebook this morning. There's a link which pulls a photo from your Facebook photos and does a computerized makeover - it's called the "Let's Give you a Hollywood Makeover".

It made me look about 20. Straightened my nose, erased my double chin and saggy jowls, gave me a brow lift, added lots of foundation, eye makeup, you name it. I joke that I now have a 20 year old head on a 66 year old body! B)

If you want to give it a try, here's the link: http://en.quizzstar.com/

FAIR WARNING: I know these types of links are how computer viruses are spread. I took and chance and so far nothing nasty has popped up. You may want to make sure your files are backed up. Just sayin'.... :s

Lanette
    Bored in SW WA State B)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD,
    Oh nooooo! Men's bathrooms are awful! I get baby wipes free from the food banks, so I make my husband clean his own throne! Also, its frustrating because he has broken the plastic parts that connect the seat to the toilet. Too much sitting, and moving to do his business! Every once in awhile I attack it. I get around the tabs, clean the connector metal pipes, and around the back. He has enough connectors to keep it on there, but sheesh! We will have to buy a new throne seat and lid when we move, but not high on my priority list! I have taken over the smaller bathroom Owain used. So what does my husband do? He uses MY bathroom!!!! No, no its my throne!! So of course, my connectors are getting loose now! Grrrr.
    Becca
    Bathroom woes
    in Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Made an offer for a house. We'll have to up it I know, but we don't want to lose it. :o Fingers crossed.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Heather, that's so exciting. Keeping good thots for you that all goes well. Does it have private parking space?

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Rye, I always had very few eyebrows, what was there were very very light blonde so about 8 years ago I got "permanent eyebrows and eyeliner" done. More or less tatoo. I have loved loved it but now that I have gotten this age Black not white or gray but black wild sticking out eyebrows grow in. I pluck them regularly.

Janetr OKC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Rye - it's so funny you'd ask that, my daughter just went for her monthly eyebrow waxing, and I'd honestly rather eat dirt than have someone put hot wax near my eyeballs! I pluck mine semi-regularly, that being every six to eight weeks, but they don't grow terribly fast, and the older I get, the less they seem to grow.

Lisa in NC

I haven't had my eyebrows waxed since I moved to Oregon because it's a different license here, and I'm too lazy to go to two different people. But I did it a lot when I lived in Kansas. I remember my youngest sitting on my lap and watching them do it one time, and he was so confused. "Doesn't that hurt??" The hairdresser responded, "Yep! The cost of beauty." (Or something like that.)

I've just been plucking myself, and it doesn't look as good.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    home and a barking dog lol,
    I get my eyebrows waxed every time I go get my hair cut which is every 6-8 weeks..
    tired going to go to bed early but boy was it nice out today