Ketogenic diet

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    I have a year experiance on keto. Aswell as CICO. Both with success. I know how it all works. Please do your research.

if you are counting/watching your macros you are still basically counting calories, as if your macros add up then your calories should fall into place.CICO is the formula for ALL ways of eating. a calorie is a measurement of energy. If you take in more energy than your burn you gain,less that you take in you lose and if its equal you maintain your weight.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Just correcting mis-information...
  • macrologger
    macrologger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did keto for a couple of months over a year ago. Now, this is my experience, but I absolutely hated it. I was tired, lethargic, weak, had headaches, had zero stamina at the gym. I was in ketosis (I was testing with the strips frequently), but I felt depleted. I supplemented with magnesium and potassium and nothing worked with my energy levels. On top of that, I didn't lose a single pound. I rage quit the thing, and started eating all the carbs. All the good, delicious carbs, and my energy increased, my workouts got better, and I no longer felt like I was walking in a fog. Again, this is just my experience, but I would never do it again. I'm tracking macros and seeing results without cutting anything out. You have to find what works for you, but keto was not it for me.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    rgg71 wrote: »
    I notice a lot of negativity aimed at the Keto approach, funny that given that it is in a thread about keto, why bother following the thread if you're not into it or have anything positive to add?

Looking at the previous posts count in the 'anti' corner it perhaps it may explain!

Just saying ;-)

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say with the bolded, but if you think that saying keto works well as a strategy for reducing calories for a lot of people, but does not cause weight loss without a calorie deficit = being negative about keto, I think you have a really weird definition of negativity.

I wonder if it's a backslap, kind of trying to say "if you had followed Keto you would be at goal and wouldn't still be here on the message board". When really it's the other way around. This is a fun board (I enjoy the train wrecks) and the people who have high post counts have seen the conversations go round and round. They know the deal and the science.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lots of us are here for the conversations, not the weight loss (anymore).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yup one of many long time posters who isn't trying to lose weight (and never was actually)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I did keto for a couple of months over a year ago. Now, this is my experience, but I absolutely hated it. I was tired, lethargic, weak, had headaches, had zero stamina at the gym. I was in ketosis (I was testing with the strips frequently), but I felt depleted. I supplemented with magnesium and potassium and nothing worked with my energy levels. On top of that, I didn't lose a single pound. I rage quit the thing, and started eating all the carbs. All the good, delicious carbs, and my energy increased, my workouts got better, and I no longer felt like I was walking in a fog. Again, this is just my experience, but I would never do it again. I'm tracking macros and seeing results without cutting anything out. You have to find what works for you, but keto was not it for me.

I had the same issue but for me I have a genetic defect that makes it to where my body cant process fats and cholesterol properly and it gets stored in my body. I lost water weight but I thought by month 2 I was dying I felt so bad.