P90X

Options

Replies

• danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been reading the posts for a few days, and I have P90X and have been doing workouts on and off during the past few weeks.

My boyfriend and I finally committed that we're going to do the entire program starting this week and I'm super excited!

I wanted to come here first and get some motivation and hear about results that you all have found during and after completing the program. Are the results really as good as they claim??

I have about 100 days until I go on a Caribbean cruise and I sure would love to get my body to look like some of those women in the infomercial....possible??

Thanks!!!

141552.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I sure love P90X, and so far am very happy with the results that I have been getting so far... And I do think it's possible for you to get some great results, especially because you are so close to reaching your goals already. Best of luck to you, and good for you and your boyfriend for making the commitment!!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    P90X will deliver the goods...the nutrition plan is just as important as the workouts. The P90X system was designed to provide proper nutrition to fuel the increased workload. Please don't get freaked out watching the scale. This is a fitness program. The weight you lose will be mostly fat. You will gain some muscle weight. Overall, your weight will drop somewhat, but you will look & feel great!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    The P90X workout is great, but the results will mostly depend on how well you eat. If you are going to go through the time and effort to workout this hard, you really need to eat clean as well. If you follow the nutrition plan you should have great results. If you go off and eat like most of us, some times good some times not so good, your results will be ok, but not as good as they could have been.

My first 60 days were great, then I struggled with eating right and my last 30 days were no improvement. I am just now re-dedicating myself to eating super clean to make up for those last 30 days.
  • jjett822
    Options
    Hello Everyone out there! I can not believe how many P90X-ers are out there. I have done 2 rounds, and now I am doing BOTH-Charlene Extreme and P90X.
    I am seeing a huge difference in my arms, most of the jiggle is gone baby gone. :smile:
    I am pretty fit, but alas I can not look like any of these fitness models:sad: :sad: :sad:
    I will continue to "bring it" and "get extreme baby" until I get the results I am searching for.
    Next week I will be starting the 2nd phase of Charlene, we will see if I am still able to do both.
    But, what a workout!!!!! I burn a min. of 700 calories per day. On Sat.'s when I do Burn it off, and the Kenpo X (with the weighted gloves, I burn close to 1000 calories). (I wear my heartrate monitor, that's how I know how many calories I've burned during my workouts).:drinker: :drinker:

Please wish me luck guys..................and the same to you all:flowerforyou:

P.S. I see that my scale doesn't BUDGE:cry::cry: , but I am getting firmer:happy: That's what really matters - right:ohwell:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Which do you think is better, P90x or ChaLEAN Extreme??
  • jjett822
    Options
    If you are somewhat a beginner, I would start with Charlene.
    The first week I worked out with her, I could NOT sit, or move!! I was so sore. I think it's an awesome workout. I do look forward to her workouts.:bigsmile:
    Make sure if you do order, you have some weights.

Good luck......let me know if you are going to get the DVD set........:drinker:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    yep we're definelty getting it. Just ordered it now.

I just hope my partner gets good results from it too as we were talking about getting the P90x but it was his decision to get the ChaLEAN :flowerforyou:
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been reading the posts for a few days, and I have P90X and have been doing workouts on and off during the past few weeks.

My boyfriend and I finally committed that we're going to do the entire program starting this week and I'm super excited!

I wanted to come here first and get some motivation and hear about results that you all have found during and after completing the program. Are the results really as good as they claim??

I have about 100 days until I go on a Caribbean cruise and I sure would love to get my body to look like some of those women in the infomercial....possible??

Thanks!!!

Congratulations on making the commitment to get fit with P90X. My husband and I are on day 39 today and we have been having great results so far. My biggest advice would be to stick to the nutrition program. It makes all the difference. Good luck and get ready for that hot bod you'll have after 90 days!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I am just starting my 15th day on P90X, and I love it!!! I've already lost 11 pounds, as of this morning. I've always been told that women have to really be trying to bulk up-eating a bunch more calories than usual, and lifting very, very heavy weights. I've done weight lifting in the past, before this program, and I didn't get bulky; I just got really toned. You will also lose weight faster, the more muscle mass you have. :happy:
  • danielle1009
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice!! I'm super excited about getting started.

I think the one thing we have going for us is that we already have a pretty clean diet. I did weight watchers this time last year which is where i lost the bulk of my weight and I've been pretty good about maintaining the healthy eating (overall).

I think we might start tonight!! Our biggest problem is that we live in an upstairs apartment and my downstairs neighbor was never very fond of my workouts. I used to do turbo jam which is super high impact, and I know that not all of these workouts require jumping but I'm just worried about scheduling the cardio workouts when my neighbor is home....any adivce??

141552.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice!! I'm super excited about getting started.

I think the one thing we have going for us is that we already have a pretty clean diet. I did weight watchers this time last year which is where i lost the bulk of my weight and I've been pretty good about maintaining the healthy eating (overall).

I think we might start tonight!! Our biggest problem is that we live in an upstairs apartment and my downstairs neighbor was never very fond of my workouts. I used to do turbo jam which is super high impact, and I know that not all of these workouts require jumping but I'm just worried about scheduling the cardio workouts when my neighbor is home....any adivce??

141552.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Don't do the Plyometrics DVD when your neighbor is home. Plyo is "jump training", and although Tony will say "...land like a cat. Quiet.", I'm on day 37 and I can tell you...I land more like a 200lb cat! :angry: Just a tip...

You guys will not be dissapointed with the results! Stick to the clean eating and the results will come faster! Good luck to you guys!!:drinker:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    Nice to see so many continuing to update this thread. I am on day 38 and going strong. I am down to 226 from 240, all my pants fit better and I have gained a belt loop. In fact, some of my pants bunch up around the back of my waist.

In short, this thing is working!

Keep the updates coming. Off to do Back and Biceps + Ab Ripper X. Btw...finally did all 25 Pfifer scissors at the pace on the DVD on Monday! First time....felt great.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Welcome back, Jokerrn!!! Fifer scissors are a big pain... And worst of all is that the insane dog at my house thinks that I'm trying to play with her whenever I do them... I end up having to hold up my legs a lot longer than I think I would have by myself-so maybe she's helping and not hindering? As of this morning I'm down 12 lbs... Yesterday is my weekly weigh-in, but my husband came home and I wanted to see if I suffered a setback since we ate lunch out with our daughters(as a treat for them; boy did they miss daddy!!!) Yippee, I lost another!!!
  • danielle1009
    Options
    Wow! You guys weren't kidding, this workout is no joke. 2 days down and I am soooo super sore!

Kenewayne, you weren't joking about the plyometrics---luckily my neighbor didn't come home until right after we finished the workout, hopefully all the stuff on his walls didn't fall off!

88 days to go and I'm more motivated than ever!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    The first 6 days and I looked like I was walking and in labor, I was so sore... I hurt even when I was sitting down!!! Even worse was when my kids were trying to climb into my lap- mini elbows to the quads didn't tickle when you're that sore!!! It does get better, though... Until you switch phases, from what I've been told:sad:
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband wnats to do the p90x BUT he wants to know in what order do the cd's go for the different exercises. All he has is the disks and no booklets or anything.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Here you are, renayeb!

Weeks 1-3

Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Yoga X
    Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
    Kenpo X
    Rest or X Stretch

Week 4, Recovery

Yoga X
    Core Syner.
    KenpoX
    X Stretch
    Core Syner.
    Yoga X
    Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 5-7

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
    Plyo
    Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Yoga
    Legs & Back, Abs
    Kenpo
    Rest or Stretch

Week 8, recovery

Yoga
    Core Syn
    Kenpo
    Stretch
    Core Syn
    Yoga
    Rest or Stretch

Weeks 9 & 11

Chest & Back, Abs
    Plyo
    Shoulders & Arms, Abs
    Yoga
    Legs & Back, Abs
    Kenpo
    Rest or stretch

Weeks 10 & 12

Chest, Shoulders & Tris, Abs
    Plyo
    Back & Biceps, abs
    Yoga
    Legs & Back, Abs
    Kenpo
    Rest or stretch

Week 13

Yoga
    Core
    Kenpo
    Stretch
    Core
    Yoga
    Rest or stretch
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    SINGFREE

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :drinker:

Now he will have no excuses not to use this anymore. :tongue:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Here is a link that has some schedules, calendars, workout logs all of which you can print out.

http://maggiewang.com/2007/03/07/p90x-log-sheets-and-calendar-download