Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sobriety day 9. Foods taste better. Colors explode. Angels weep.

Oh who the hell am I kidding, I want a damn drink! ETA to my fall off the wagon is 26 hours. That is all :drinker:
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good job Dave!

Yvonne - its weird when you don't drink for a while but if you keep drinking you will be able to again. If I were you i would try to hold on to the yucky feeling as long as you can.

Kat - and 80's theme pub crawl sounds great!

My crystal light mocktails showed up today. I am having an appletini right now. its okay. not bad - not great.

Happy lushing all.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-16oz of wine
    Wednesday-16oz of wine

Almost friday :happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lushes! :drinker:

I have managed to stay sober this week!!

Sun 0
    Mon 0
    Tues 0

I am going to a girls night out dinner tonight but will have the kid with me so I won't be drinking tonight either.

We are going to Summer's Last Blast this weekend (antique/vintage cars just drive up and down the main strip in my fiances hometown :laugh:) I am trying to decided if I will drink...last year it was the first time I had anything to drink aftter the birth of my daughter so we got a little crazy. This year my partner in crime is pregnant and our other friend just had knee surgery on both knees, so I don't think she'll be drinking. It'll make it easier for me to stay sober.

We'll see.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Sobriety day 9. Foods taste better. Colors explode. Angels weep.

Oh who the hell am I kidding, I want a damn drink! ETA to my fall off the wagon is 26 hours. That is all :drinker:

Are we starting a pool? :wink:

Just kidding Dave. :flowerforyou:

And can someone tell me what the heck this smiley is doing? :huh:

icon_action-smiley-032.gif
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Nothing last night and nothing until Friday night when we're in Boston. We're doing an 80's themed bar crawl on Saturday so there will be plenty of booze this weekend. Going to watch what I eat until then and get some good bike rides in so that I'm nice and slim for my costume :glasses:

That sounds like so much fun! Get out the Aqua net! :laugh:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Love this....I had too much fun and too many adult beverages in July, so I haven't had anything in the month of August yet. That will change on friday though...40th birthday party. It is the year for them this year, including my own. I used to drink more, now I try to keep it to the weekends - Friday after work starts the weekend and ends on Sunday when I go to bed :)
  • kayteedidit
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this thread....it fits me perfectly! I just joined MFP because I had a little TOO much fun this summer and it has def made an impact on my waistline. After a super lushy weekend I have had 0 drinks this week....I'm sure that will not last long as this week has been so :grumble:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and girls! I'm going to start tracking my drinks as I know this is part of the reason I gained so much weight in the first place!

I WAS planning on no drinks during the week. So far...not so good!:laugh: :drinker:

Sunday~ 4 beers
    Monday~ 0
    Tuesday~ 4 beers, 1 vodka & crystle light...although this could be counted as 2 as I don't measure!:bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    good job Dave!

Yvonne - its weird when you don't drink for a while but if you keep drinking you will be able to again. If I were you i would try to hold on to the yucky feeling as long as you can.

My crystal light mocktails showed up today. I am having an appletini right now. its okay. not bad - not great.

Happy lushing all.

I'm pretty darn excited =] I so wish I still had my shiny, turquoise leggings haha. I've got a great colorful outfit planned out though, unfortunately I'm going to have to forego high heels as I don't think walking around all day and night would feel too great. I'm going for some boots that if worn with some scrunchy socks may pass for something a tomboy would wear in the 80's.

And Natasha, not sure about the aqua net but there will be hairspray!!!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    good job Dave!

Happy lushing all.

I'm pretty darn excited =] I so wish I still had my shiny, turquoise leggings haha. I've got a great colorful outfit planned out though, unfortunately I'm going to have to forego high heels as I don't think walking around all day and night would feel too great. I'm going for some boots that if worn with some scrunchy socks may pass for something a tomboy would wear in the 80's.

And Natasha, not sure about the aqua net but there will be hairspray!!!

:laugh: I actually went looking for aqua net the other day for a craft project and couldn't find it. Did the EPA get that stuff banned? :huh: :laugh:

I'm sure whatever you find will be awesome!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Lushes, I've been MIA....

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, bottle of skinny margs

Total: 5
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing something with me...since I'm on a low carb diet, when I drink to excess (low carb drinks, of course, like vodka and diet ginger ale), even once a week, my weight stalls. I'm not sure if the two are related, but another week, I had several nights of drinking just a couple of drinks, and I lost. I wonder if there's anything to that. I might try an experiment...a couple weeks of drinking several nights a week but only having a couple drinks at a time, instead of getting hammered on my usual Saturday night.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm hardly here these days. Kim's competition is killing us lushes haha. I have been keeping it down to once a week. This week will be the same as we are now down to the top 3 eeeep! I should probably not be lushy at all this week but damn it, I need at least one fix.

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm hardly here these days. Kim's competition is killing us lushes haha. I have been keeping it down to once a week. This week will be the same as we are now down to the top 3 eeeep! I should probably not be lushy at all this week but damn it, I need at least one fix.

And look how skinny you've become!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Thank goodness I'm out cause now I am having dwinks!!! I may even do some Faith lushy posting....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

And look how skinny you've become!!!

Ah silly me, I'd forgotten about the connection between Faith's abstinence and the competition. You're right it's definitely working.

I'm not going to be drinking now until Saturday night when I'm going over to my sisters for a BBQ to celebrate her 30th wedding anniversary (WOW). Doubt I'll drink much anyway, although this might be just what it takes to get me back to my lushy ways! At least being a BBQ it's ideal to eat low carb without having to make a big deal out of it or having people question what I'm eating, lots of meat and some salad - perfect.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Thank goodness I'm out cause now I am having dwinks!!! I may even do some Faith lushy posting....
    So jealous hahahaha.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Well Faith, if we both have a drink night we should have a even disadvantage though right ;) Actually, you guys both have been kicking my but so you should be okay anyway... drink on girl!