linder4866 Posts: 11,125 Member
    Options
    B)<3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: A person should be safe from insects when sleeping in her own bed. I hope you are better already. :star:

I'm being driven insane by the itchiness. Well, not quite that bad, but it really is annoying. The most bit area is on and under my right arm where my sleeve rubs when I have my arm down. I get quite large reactions to things like mosquito bites.

M in Oz

Machka, I feel for you. In the summer I live in Alaska in tundra country and when it is wet outside I used to wake up and be bitten all over my body and the walls would be covered with little red spiders filled with blood from my dogs and I. In 2010, I built a cabin on gravel and don't have the problem as often or as severe. Sounds like Alaska and Australia have some of the same issues.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    M and Rye - if itching is a problem, the best thing I've found is to hold your blowdryer on the itch for as long as you can stand it. That will give you TEMPORARY relief. When I first heard of this, to be honest I thought "there's no way". But IT WORKS!!! We found out that the reason it works is because the heat breaks up the histamines. Give it a try, you'll be amazed. Now, it's only a temporary relief, but sometimes that's what you need to get to sleep or something.

Rye - I have the Wii Plus. I don't remember if the old Wii had it or not. Actually, the Wii Plus is pretty old. But I must say that I'm too cheap to buy the new Wii just for different games.

Exercised then (natch) stopped at the Salvation Army. Now I'm getting a bit pickey. Got some plates but only because they match our Correlleware set. Also got a pair of shorts because it was a different color -- more of a wine color, and a top for exercise (which was 1/2 off otherwise I don't know that I would have gotten it)

Yvonne - I had to send my daughter the info you posted about absynthe. She loves absynthe. When our cats get older, it seems they get more attached to me. For the longest time Lexi didn't lay by me, now when I'm watching TV she is always in my lap. I'll swear to this day that when we had to have Sadie put down, he looked at me as if to say "it's OK"

Michele in NC who is off to bowling