The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• gilahalleli
    gilahalleli Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    gexking wrote: »
    49...just weeks away from 1/2 century. My goal is to run 1000 miles this year...I'm 21% there.

Wow! Well done!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    CajunTess wrote: »
    T-minus 7 days till I have to wear a swimsuit :#
    You got this lady!!!! Flaunt it on the beach :):)

• GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »
    39andfat wrote: »
    what age are you considered middle aged? (asking for a friend)
    Lol! Tell “your friend” it depends. Someone, in this thread I believe, stated 40 is the new 20!

New here! Like your thread here. Starting to think as we age, none of us 'feel' that we're old. I'm 53. I start to get annoyed when some 20-something year old employee (server/cashier) calls me 'hun' or 'sweetie' like I'm an old woman. Just leave it at 'Miss' or 'Ma'am'. LOL Men have it better, they are called sir whether 16 or 90.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can.I call u sweetie lol welcome and good luck
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I’m going to be 40 this year.....Im not ready LOL
  • OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and I would like to get down to a 'fighting weight' by my 42nd birthday in May. Well really, I just want to fit into the cute spring and summer clothes that are in my closet. My weight has gradually crept up over the past couple years and I'm probably about ten pounds away from fitting into those clothes comfortably.

I did MFP a few years ago and got skinny (probably too skinny), then gradually gained it back because I didn't learn how to maintain. This time around, I'm focusing on being mindful and retraining my perception of what a 'good' portion size is.
  • ddmm2013
    ddmm2013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been doing regular exercises for a few years. Running is the most efficient way to lose weight for me. Weights is the best way to shape body. I am down from 125 pounds to current 113 pounds. It is slow given the time that I spent in gym. But I am happy with my body now and no worries too much about what I eat. I’d like to meet friends with similar interests and keep me going.
  • ddmm2013
    Options
    Btw, how to “add” somebody? I only see message option when clicking a name.
  • Omnimous69
    Omnimous69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ddmm2013 wrote: »

On PC I click the person's profile picture and then when the next screen pops up I click the picture again...it's kind of strange.
  • ddmm2013
    Options
    Omnimous69 wrote: »
    ddmm2013 wrote: »

On PC I click the person's profile picture and then when the next screen pops up I click the picture again...it's kind of strange.

Thanks. I use my phone and don’t see the option. Will try on PC.
  • marydobson213
    marydobson213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey any got ideal machine in gym..to use to help ..for lose weight ..and for long ?
  • ddmm2013
    Options
    Hey any got ideal machine in gym..to use to help ..for lose weight ..and for long ?

If your knee is strong, treadmill is the best to burn fat. Otherwise elliptical is good. Those are the two I used for cardio. I use all weight machines. They are targeted and all good.

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Middle Agers :) Great to see some new faces in here!!!
  • NJPhil
    NJPhil Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 in February, need to start taking this fitness thing more seriously.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    NJPhil wrote: »
    Just turned 43 in February, need to start taking this fitness thing more seriously.
    You came to the right place!
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    40 and from Michigan...lol Add me as a fitness friend of you'd like.
  • nanafarmer777
    nanafarmer777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    45 here and struggling
  • Teeysha
    Teeysha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If this is still going I would like to join.