JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I am throwing your words back at you! I cannot control what happens to me, but I certainly can control how I react to it! Write this down as you face your workload tomorrow. You can't control the amount you will have waiting but remember to use your stressless methods. And also, why get stressed over it? It's not going to do a bit of good, and may in fact hamper you being able to tackle it as you will lose focus!

BTW, you really knocked out your list today! Loved that you cleared out a little niche just for you!

Peace and joy.

Take care (and I am so glad you are feeling better)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments on the cake. Party went brilliantly and the sleepover was good although there really wasn’t much sleeping! Was so tired yesterday I didn’t log or make it back on here. Def didn’t stay within calorie goal but I had a lovely Mother’s Day and am happy to be starting a fresh week back to my usual routine.

Goals for today:

Exercise early
    Stay within calorie goal
    2ltr + water
    Put up completed display
    Meet with Head re twinning call
    Meet with B re parent meeting
    Input data first set
    Batch cook veggies after work

Lots of smiley faces on here and I can see momentum gathering with losses and people recovering from flu etc. Wishing you all a fabulous week smashing your goals. X
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options

JFT, SUnday
    1. log all food :)
    2. take daughters taxes to get done - hopefully she will get some back :)
    3. work more on drinking water!! :/ Not as much as I hoped to, but I at least got in 4 cups!
    4. go to the gym with hubby in the afternoon :/ Wet, snowy day today, plus neither hubby or I got nearly enough sleep, so really tired all day long.
    5. work on sewing either quilt or chemo hats :) Only sewed for about 1 hour today
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

Took my daughters taxes in, and tomorrow I am going to make an appt with disability. If she loses it, it will be hard, but I am so nervous, so the best thing is to go in and talk to them.
    My daughter called and wanted to know if I could come and help her clean her apartment -- so I spent 3 hours doing that!! I was glad she called ... as it was a mess. But I think she will do much better with it all cleaned up. I threw out a lot of old boxes, etc. It is hard to understand why she can't keep it clean... but it is what it is.
    Also found out that my niece's husband passed away last nite. He had been in critical condition for 6 weeks ... waiting for a heart and kidney transplant. but it is hard when we are losing the younger generation. I worry alot about my niece ... and whenever I start to feel sorry for myself with all we have going on with our daughter ... we don't have to look far to see others that have it so much harder. So much we have to be thankful for everyday.

JFT, Monday
    1. try and go to the gym ... but if I don't, I need the sleep. Not nearly enough sleep last nite, so I may sleep in.
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. call disability office and make appt
    5. try to work a little more on my quilt so I can clean up the dining room
    6. get back on here - be accountable.

@Bex953172 - hope you had a good day! With 2 little ones, and a newborn, you are doing great. Hoping you get a good nites rest!

@Faebert - that cake is unbelievable!! My mother used to decorate and bake beautiful cakes - but never one with so many layers! Just beautiful - too pretty to eat!

@toaljasa - Thanks for the note LOL!!!! Yes, I heard you!!!!!! ANd you are so right - I need to just stay away from the candy and ice cream isle!!!!!! Thanks for that kick in the butt ---- I needed that!! And thank you for caring! You are such a great motivator on this thread ---- always there to pull people up!! SO again, thank you!! You've given me that kick to keep my going all week!

@OConnell5483- I hope you are feeling better! And ... I love your idea of a book nook!!! What a great idea - a nice place to just sit and relax with a good book!! My SIL used to have a spare room like this - filled with candles, and a comfy chair, and books!

Well, I hear hubby coming up for bed, so I can't respond to everyone! But you guys are all doing so great ---- we are all going to get there!!!! This will be our year!

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Remember at Christmas I said something to the effect of how insane it is that we take our normally busy lives and try to cram more stuff in without changing what's already there and then wonder why we can't get everything done and why we feel stressed. Please be careful with your expectations going back to work after your lengthy illness. <3
    @joan6630 You're just as close to your March goals as I am. Yay! We can do this.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Prep meat purchase for freezer :) roasts sliced into sandwich meat, ground beef packaged for individual meals
    4. Marinade chicken :) done, baked and in the fridge for company meal
    5. Studio if I have time :o not enough time today
    6. Church meeting :)
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. 7:20 bus
    3. Breakfast with Sue
    4. Work
    5. Walk with hubby
    6. Find dessert recipe for company
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30

Goodnight all. Sweet dreams.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Complete 5 orders from my shop :)
    5. Groceries :)

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Complete 5 orders from my shop
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
    6. Go with son to look into a possible job for him
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @sarah74_vt I love all the smiley faces I see from you every day. It always makes ME smiley. Lol. Keep up the great work!

@Bex953172 I'm so glad that you had a great day! Those are really important. I love when my DH says things like that to me. Lol. I hope you get another great day today as well!

@OConnell5483 Have a great day at work! And use the Calm app! I try to use it every morning and if I feel like I'm really stressed or really scattered, I'll sit down and focus on my breathing. It's amazing how well it works! And I love the book nook! When we move into the other house on the property(eventually) there is more space so I'd love to create an office for myself where I can step up something like that!

@joan6630 I'm praying that you can get a meeting with the Disability people soon. And remember Operation Red Cup! I'm creating another one for you! OPERATION: ANTI-CANDY! Have a great day!

@Faebert I'm so glad that everything went well and that you had a great Mother's Day. I know what you mean about getting back into the swing of things. I hope that your sense of normalcy returns!

@toaljasa I second what Joan said! You are an awesome presence here! You give amazing encouragement and some of the best advice I've heard in a long time. We are blessed to have you here with us every day! Thank you so much!

@schwich13 Welcome! This is a great thread! You will love it! Changing a lifestyle is all about making small changes that you can stick to. It sounds like you are heading in the right direction with the changes you are making! Keep up the great work! The best advice I can give you is to come back here daily and keep yourself accountable. It will help so much!

@cschmitz110515 I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! That sounds like a lot of fun! And I'm glad that you got a walk in as well! I hope you have a great day at work!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mcbeef29 wrote: »
    Rough finish to last week and a little bit off the rails over the weekend...ugh. But here I am, ready to get back at it on a Monday!

For today..
    Log all food
    Drink plenty of water
    Stay positive
    Get to the gym
    No quit mentality
    Listen

Have a great week y'all!

And that's the key things: when you go off track, own it! And then get right back on track again. Focus focus focus on your JFT's...doing this will lead you to your main goal!

Peace and joy
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Onto my JFT, 3/11/18

So good that you and your dh spent time with your god mother. Looks like you have a productive day ahead of you! Enjoy that cleaned out pantry. I know it's weird, but an organized pantry allows me to enjoy cooking and baking more---maybe because I am more efficient. Straightened/organized pantrys and linen closets makes my heart smile :).
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I try to clean out/organize my fridge and my pantry weekly. Like you, it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment to have it all organized. I have a bunch of things to add to the pantry that I bought over the weekend. My pantry is a cabinet. I wish I had a walk-in pantry but I guess that would even harder to organize. Lol But I'll do it today. I'll reorganize the fridge when the DH goes back to work tomorrow. Lol.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I try to clean out/organize my fridge and my pantry weekly. Like you, it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment to have it all organized. I have a bunch of things to add to the pantry that I bought over the weekend. My pantry is a cabinet. I wish I had a walk-in pantry but I guess that would even harder to organize. Lol But I'll do it today. I'll reorganize the fridge when the DH goes back to work tomorrow. Lol.

Can you come organize mine while you're at it??
  • toaljasa
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »

Can you come organize mine while you're at it??

HAHAHA!!! OH my word...I LOVE to organize other people's pantrys and linen closets, lol! My daughter in law and son, very graciously allowed me in their kitchen and pantry to reorganize them to make a better flow. I told them please, feel free to put anything back because it's got to work for the people in there. I tried to keep their lifestyles, most used appliances, etc., in mind as I was working. They loved it. My husband added more cabinets in the pantry. I had fun and they still mention to people (namely, son's mil) how much better it is---they just hadn't taken time to give it much thought...I have lots more time, lol! I guess I really like cooking and baking...but not in a kitchen that is disorganized. Makes my head hurt! (and no, I don't critique kitchens and pantrys---only when I'm cookin' in them for long periods of time!)