Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Options

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars that I buy at Costco are my favorite for taste and cost. The cheapest and best tasting 2me by far.

Quest bars taste awful and are grossly overpriced.

• Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Luna smores
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    613zVn20GiL._SL1400_.jpg

You can try these. I personally really like the cappuccino and chocolate chip cookie ones. The chocolate plum one is horrible though. They have more flavors but I didn't try them out.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Snickers one is so good!
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein and ONE Protein bars are my all time favorite! Variety of flavors, good protein content and also lower carb!
  • miwwertz
    miwwertz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to run into the same problem!! I love Rx bars, they're made of all natural ingredients and they taste SO good. More so nutrition bar, still havw a good amount of protein though :)
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The real protein bars - the ones with 20 grams or more - all have the same taste/texture to me. That is a good thing. It means it takes me a while to eat one of them, and I won't want to just scarf another down because it's so darn tasty and quick to eat.
  • tmaths
    tmaths Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't mind vector bars. ( The high protein one tastes weird though )

Peanut Butter being my fave.

I also have a box of Cliff Builder. ( White Chocolate and peanut butter chocolate ) that I have once in a while. They taste more like a granola bar, and are decent taste wise too

Starting April, just going to start making my own. I figure I can just bake them on weekend, cut them up and have them ready for whenver I want during the week.
  • quzy07
    quzy07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for pure undenatured whey protein? Low carb? 28 grams of protein? hmmm, meal replacements or just protein? The purest source I found are gluten free, soy free and have no artificial colours or flavours and are pretty darn good! ... p6z1fs0wkgfd.png
    can i do that? paste a photo?
  • quzy07
    quzy07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh it worked! :)
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    r0epy5xl2187.jpg

These are super yummy
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I really like Pure Protein bars, I buy a variety pack on Amazon subscription every month so they are super affordable and I always feel like I'm eating a treat. I heard such awesome things about Quest bars so I spent the extra money for a few and they were TERRIBLE, it was like someone blended a candy bar and laffy taffy. So I think it must really vary person to person on what is considered tasty.

Oh, and if I'm super below my calorie goal for the day, or I need a full meal replacement, I love the Met-RX Big 100 Colossal - Super Cookie Crunch. It's over 400 calories and 32g of protein, and it tastes so good.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Clif Builders are my favorite so far. No Cow Lemon is disgusting.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Because if there are I'd really like to know

My goodness there are tons of them. Pure Protein Peanut Butter Caramel is out of this world. All of the Zone Perfect ones are yummy, as are the Special K. What ones have you tried?

Seconded for Zone Perfect bars. They don't pack as much protein per calorie as some bars, but they are delicious.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Trying to cut out dairy and got Aloha bars today. Lead. :P
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Clif Builders are my favorite so far. No Cow Lemon is disgusting.

Yeah, it's worth the 60-70 calories more to me. I can tolerate some of the no cow bars, but I'd rather not (to be fair, it's the texture more so than the taste that bothers me)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter bars
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i like the quest protein bars! really like the cookies and cream one!
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i like the clif protein bars. choco mint is my fave.