Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    STAY THE COURSE.

Oh my gosh that is very true. Some people achieve a goal then completely go off course and end up back at square one. Good for you thinking so far ahead.

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - challenging weekend ahead for you for sure. Wishing you the very best and we'll all welcome you back when it's over with and will be eager to hear how it went! Hugs!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - thanks so much for the tip on that app!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Made it past the 50 day check in for accountability. Small steps towards personal goals.

50 beautiful days! Congrats! I bet you feel terrific! Stay the course. xoxo
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you. The more advice, the better.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    wigi41 wrote: »
    JulieAL1969- I completely understand the anxiety you are feeling. I am on holiday this week, and although I planned to have two drinks while I was away, after 73 days AF I just really did not know if I wanted to drink or not, and end that streak. I ended up having one of the planned drinks, today- a beer. I think it was helpful for me because I really realized how much I don't miss it at all. I think I needed to have that drink though to really know, because all week, I struggled with this feeling of missing out, even though I have had sooo many benefits from going AF. Whatever you decide to do, as others have said, it's not win or lose! It's all learning and experience that can inform us as we continue making decisions along this journey.

We are in the same boat! I probably will drink a beer tomorrow. One reason is that I dont really love beer like I like vodka or wine. So, I wont go overboard. It is a struggle because I fear that I will feel awful , headache, nausea, and have the change that I'll wipe out my great record. Mind games.
    I love your words that it's all learning and we can use these life experiences to grow. xo
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What do I need? Helluva question. Thank you.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    suerlewis2 wrote: »
    Thank you. The more advice, the better.

Also, read the first few pages of this thread of even February or March thread for motivation. There are a lot of good youtubes and books you can read to get inspiration.
    One book is called Alcohol Explained and another is This Naked Mind.
    Start slow and dont overwhelm yourself. It really is one day at a time.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Would some help me please? I drink most every night after work and i know it's not good. Please help.

Do you want to cut back, Or stop completely?
  • runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Checking in after another pretty good week! I did have a few beers on Sunday at the concert but didn't overdo it and it was fun. Don't mean to get personal, but have any of you ladies noticed that since you are drinking less your periods are more regular? I couldn't for the life of me figure out why mine were so awful and came early every month, like every 23 instead of 28 days (I only noticed this in recent years because before that I was on the pill, then I had my kids). I even talked to my doctor about it and she suggested a surgery that I'm glad I backed out of at the last minute. I shouldn't be shocked that my excessive drinking was the reason, but I am!

I haven't noticed this in myself but it is interesting. Did it by chance reduce cramps as well?
    Great job on the good week!
  • runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to be in control, not have cravings that lead me to bad choices. I want to be able to choose alcohol, rather than have a feeling of relief/release when I do drink.

This is a good start by coming here and actually writing out what you want. I know that has helped me so much. I can come here and say whatever, no one judges just listens and offers what advice they can. Keep coming here, read everyone's stories. A lot of us were are where you are.
  • snoo61
    Options
    Can I join late? I haven't had a drop of alcohol since March 3rd, which is saying alot coming from me lol...

Welcome!
  • snoo61
    Options
    I want to be in control, not have cravings that lead me to bad choices. I want to be able to choose alcohol, rather than have a feeling of relief/release when I do drink.

Maybe pick 1 or 2 days a week that you don't drink.
  • snoo61
    Options
    Can I join late? I haven't had a drop of alcohol since March 3rd, which is saying alot coming from me lol...

Of course, welcome!