Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• krfitmom
    krfitmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! @angelacatheart I didn't even think about a lower calorie option. I just thought I need to write it off for a while. Thinking of other alternatives such as some homemade energy bites, dark chocolate, etc.

@mom23mangos that sounds yummy and I think I can get it at target. Thanks!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a Trader Joes, nearest one is in St. Louis..... :/
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

That's a shame. :( I don't do a lot of my grocery shopping there as it's not a one stop shop, I love a few of their items. Especially their stir fried cauliflower rice and the authentic Greek tyropita (they call it 5-cheese spiral). I just can't stand the lines. I walked in the door the other week to buy some cauliflower rice and immediately turned around and left because the line was wrapped around the store.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

That's a shame. :( I don't do a lot of my grocery shopping there as it's not a one stop shop, I love a few of their items. Especially their stir fried cauliflower rice and the authentic Greek tyropita (they call it 5-cheese spiral). I just can't stand the lines. I walked in the door the other week to buy some cauliflower rice and immediately turned around and left because the line was wrapped around the store.
    Well that's not good. I have only been to the one I was talking about once, and really enjoyed it, no long lines a lot of fresh produce and just not "normal" stuff that I could find locally. Come to think of it I think it was about 3 years ago, a friend of mine wanted to go because theyhave fresh nuts.....

• monicaamy902
    monicaamy902 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, I just glanced at the name of this thread "Women in their 40's" and thought it sounded like old people, till it hit me a second later, THAT'S ME!!! I was in my 20's the other day and now I'm in my 40's!! Ugh!!

Anywho, I'm 41 and have about 15 lbs to lose. I've been up and down most of my life, but it seems I've been fluffy more than not. I don't know that I actually care too much about the number (no one actually sees our number amyway), I care more about how I feel in my body, in my clothes and in general.

I have been Paleo for a few years now and lost 4 sizes (40 lbs) in the last 2 years, but have been stuck for the past few months at exactly the same weight and size. This time around I have lost weight slower and I don't beat myself up for having a bad meal or a slip (my body does that for me!). I want eating healthy to be habit, not flailing will power.

Feel free to add me! I love seeing people succeed, especially other women. I know if you can do it, I can do it! And if I can do it, you can do it!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Holy cow, I just glanced at the name of this thread "Women in their 40's" and thought it sounded like old people, till it hit me a second later, THAT'S ME!!! I was in my 20's the other day and now I'm in my 40's!! Ugh!!

Anywho, I'm 41 and have about 15 lbs to lose. I've been up and down most of my life, but it seems I've been fluffy more than not. I don't know that I actually care too much about the number (no one actually sees our number amyway), I care more about how I feel in my body, in my clothes and in general.

I have been Paleo for a few years now and lost 4 sizes (40 lbs) in the last 2 years, but have been stuck for the past few months at exactly the same weight and size. This time around I have lost weight slower and I don't beat myself up for having a bad meal or a slip (my body does that for me!). I want eating healthy to be habit, not flailing will power.

Feel free to add me! I love seeing people succeed, especially other women. I know if you can do it, I can do it! And if I can do it, you can do it!!

Welcome to this lovely group of ladies!!!!!
  • mamabeat333
    mamabeat333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm 49 and have been a member not too long. So far its going well! I need to loose about 50lbs and it's so much slower than when I was in my 20s/30s! Accountability will be so helpful. Thanks!
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Re: Trader Joe’s—I love that store! They have many delicious vegetarian options. Some of their snacks are dangerously high in calories but they have many really healthy options too. Their less guilt Mac and cheese is a great meal at the end of a long work day before rushing to get your kid to Swimming lessons all for less than 300 calories type of meal. :)

Re: cookies. I love baking, chocolate, and wine. I save calories for wine and chocolate/baked goods weekly. I have to freeze if I bake too much otherwise I’d eat too much of it!

Re: age. 40 is kinda surreal still! And it feels stable and good! I had a few dates recently. I liked one but not the other. One liked me but not the one I wanted. It felt so good to not blame my weight! I have the best son possible, a great job, and amazing friends! I’m also so much more fit, emotionally stable, and financially stable than I was at 30. :)
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @NicholeAckerman I love working out with kettle bells! Once you understand how to use them with good form, they are so beneficial! Just dont start too heavy. That'll kill form. Kettlebell swings are probably my standby favorite exercise, crazy good full body workout and killer cardio, but i also love them for most anything I'd use dumbells or a bar for... chest press, weighted squats and lunges, shoulder presses, sumo high pulls...
    @Sunshine6909 i have a long history of eating disorder. It definitely complicates weight loss and adds a lot of stress to dieting. So, an extra big YAY!!! to you for the weigh loss so far!! Keep it up, stay healthy, and lean on others for support anytime you need to!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    @NicholeAckerman I love working out with kettle bells! Once you understand how to use them with good form, they are so beneficial! Just dont start too heavy. That'll kill form. Kettlebell swings are probably my standby favorite exercise, crazy good full body workout and killer cardio, but i also love them for most anything I'd use dumbells or a bar for... chest press, weighted squats and lunges, shoulder presses, sumo high pulls...
    @Sunshine6909 i have a long history of eating disorder. It definitely complicates weight loss and adds a lot of stress to dieting. So, an extra big YAY!!! to you for the weigh loss so far!! Keep it up, stay healthy, and lean on others for support anytime you need to!
    I think I got the smallest one they had...lol I do need to figure out the correct form for them, I just haven't had time yet. Soon though:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    ejbwiutcfzq2.png
    Let's have a Terrific Thursday Ladies!!!!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    ejbwiutcfzq2.png
    Let's have a Terrific Thursday Ladies!!!!

HeeHee!!!
    Happy Thursday!
    The only motivation I get for Thursdays is that its Girl Scout night! How can 6 8-9 yrs olds not make you happy!! They have such positive energy! *I have two teenagers...so I look forward to seeing my Brownies every week to break the monotony of Teen Angst*

Enjoy your Thursday ladies! One more day to get through until the Weekend!
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @NicholeAckerman
    I think you'll have fun with it! Changing things up is always energizing

• Jkerr004
    Jkerr004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and I feel like I have plateaued and I'm gonna be stuck at the weight I am for the rest of my life. How do you get over that hump?
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Add me! Turning 41 is May.. I’ve been try to list 10 to 15 lbs for what seems like forever. Have joined a gym and work with a trainer 2 days a week weight training. Have def gained some muscle mass over the last 5 months but need to lose the fat too! Feel like age and hormones (plus the wine I drink) are all working against me. Having surgery end of May and was hoping to be at my goal before then as I will be away from the gym for a min of 8 weeks but not sure that is going to happen.... 13 lbs to go and a vacation coming up next week.. yikes!
  • lissy0209
    lissy0209 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a pinterest addict! I'm always searching for new recipes to try, and thanks to @melissa6771 I never knew there was such a thing as 2 ingredient bagels (seriously can't wait to try them, as I've not touched bread all week...and that's huge for me!). Can anyone explain weight watchers points? I see a lot of recipes with points, but how do they convert to calories? Just curious. Lower the points, lower the calories? I could input all the recipes into mfp, but was hoping to make it a bit easier