WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Lenora Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou: Glad your are recovering. So sorry you got so sick just when your arm is healing.
    It is awful to get food poisoning. Both my DS#2 got it when we came back from a wedding a few years ago. ICK!ICK!ICK!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Its Lenoraaaaaaaaaa Day!!! Yep I sang that!!!
    Happy Birthday you!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    maureli wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    I am soon to be 50 and would LOVE to lose about 7 or 8 lbs before my birthday in April. I need nighttime accountability!! I am great in the day but come nighttime I want to eat the house and all. haha. I exercise regularly and don't really eat tons of junk - so I do have that on my side.

I will be 50 in November and I want to lose fifteen pounds by September. And then stabilize. I also need accountability.

I started the Dukan diet ten days ago. Have already cheated twice. And need to decide if I really can do Dukan diet, or of I should try Dukan 2.

Dukan do it!!!!
    OK I couldn't resist...
    Becca
    Awful loony comedian in
    Oregon
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Penny, it's tyring to b purrfect al de thyme. I do editing too but I don't edit too much here. There's a thyme and plaise 4 everyting! I'm not getting paid to be purrfec here and thyme is munny. LOL :D Wendy
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Heather, what titles are you considering for this portion of your story? An Innocent Child...so many children are powerless to protect themselves from a controlling adult who lets evil rule them. A Broken Trust. Family Secrets.Daddy's Little Girl. Hmmm, a good title is SOOOO important... <3 Wendy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Lenora – happy birthday. I’m a bit slow – was that .22 you paid for two medications? I hope Louis feels better real soon

Beeps – welcome! I know (I think it’s Lisa) others are doing Dukan. Didn’t know there was a Dukan 2. What’s the difference between the two?

Michele in NC
    Who is almost done with the Diamond Dotz picture
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi gals. I'm still around. I'm really struggling right now. I think the depression is under control, but now I have anxiety which drives me nuts, and it's to the point of just being paralyzed. This is a new one for me. But I do have a friend who said she would check in with me every night. So maybe that will help. Cheers and good wishes for all of you! Meg from Omaha where I think I see the sun peeking out!
    Meg, you are not walking this alone. I will breathe deeply and will envision you doing the same. Deal?
    Betty

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Margaret - That is the 'sickest sick' I have ever been. A stomach virus isn't that bad; then 4 hours later Louis started with it. Tuesday, I finally got out of bed about 12:30PM and was so weak I couldn't walk to the kitchen without sitting down and resting. Got to the kitchen and nothing even sounded good, so I went back to bed.

Becca - Thanks for the 'song'. I think it is hysterical that you left that message on the MD's phone; it will certainly make someone's day, for sure ... totally unexpected random thoughts.

Heather - Who designed the cover to your book? Thought it was very thought provoking. Looked like his face had been 'chewed off' and if there was 'abuse' in the family ... seems like getting it off your chest in a book is something that will help give you closure. When you can finally 'let it go', 'lock it away' and 'put the key so that only you can open it' usually helps with the closure. It took many, many years before getting it out of my system that I had been abused (not by a family member). I had been going to a psychologist and one day my Mother drove me there and she 'invited' my Mother in, to sit in on the session. Mother sat down and the first thing out of her mouth was 'where were you when this happened'? I was totally mortified because it was something that had occurred 25 years prior (when I was in my teens). I got up and we left and never went back to another psychologist. Was told that 'maybe' I needed to go to one this last hospitalization by the MD (not my own) who treated me, I told her 'that'll never happen' ... she is also the one who upped my Dilantin and cut my other seizure medication in half - which resulted in me getting Dilantin Toxic ... did not 'know' what was going on until I had a Dilantin level done - done by my GYN when I apparently was acting unusual (for me); took having 2 more before it went back to where it was before I had the seizures that necessitated my being hospitalized. They were just a symptom that my bipolar meds were whacked out. There again, I had to forgive Louis for not calling my MD the first day of the seizures. He will never get it through his head that whenever I 'spiral' it isn't going to get better 'if I go lay down'. Not like a 'real' drunk; but, still just as bad. But, he knows me better than anybody and he knows when it is time to go ... oldest son went with us and I have absolutely NO idea what I said to him or in front of him; but, I think he finally saw what he Dad was putting up with and how much he loves me. I hate to say it; but, I think his wife is bipolar - and that hurts (me) more than anything. She isn't going to 'get help' until she ends up 'breaking' and it is going to be hard on my son (it is already hard on him, because he is now seeing some of the signs). I have 4 MDs that treat 4 overlapping body parts for different reasons and it took me sitting down with every single one of them and telling them just exactly where they stood 'in order of importance' and therefore they needed to discuss their plan of action BEFORE adding, subtracting, or changing any of my medications. I think they got my point. My GP and GYN are in the same office and therefore have access to each others' records; with the medical portals, they have access to my hospitalizations ... and then they have to deal with #1 MD by phone or letter - but it is now being done. They all need to work together to keep me stable. I don't ever want to be 'therapeutic' ... don't want that wave of up and down. I don't do depression well. If my moods spike every 5 years and do it with a lot of pomp and circumstance ... then, I would rather be where I had been for the past 5 years ... one step to the manic side of the 'therapeutic fence line'. That is where I 'feel' like me. Just spicy enough to hold my own.

Everybody has different ways to deal with 'stuff' ... I write ... I journal ... but, then I usually delete it. Whenever I send an email I make sure that it is saved on my server so that 'if' I send something to someone in a 'reactionary' state ... I can go back and pull it up in my 'sent' folder and re-read what I have written. Sometimes I will offer an apology; a lot more times I will try to 'clarify' what was taken the wrong way; and, a few times I have just told them, 'I said it, I meant it'. Let it be. Once you put into written form ... you will be able to go in and have a mirror of where you were and where you now are and why. My husband would come in and ask me, 'what 'cha doing? Writing a book'? YEAH!

Lenora
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Lenora!
    I definitely recommend the sublingual vitamin B12 to help with tiredness. My cpap turned out good, so I was looking for other reasons I would be so tired. I even tried a product called "lights on" and of course the "lights off" also. The sublingual firm of B12 is available from Costco. It has made a real difference for me.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Lenora please take care as you recover. It is an awful to get food poisoning!!!!