Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• smcommon
    smcommon Posts: 1 Member
    @EmergencyGraphics my go to fast eats are Taco Bell (shredded chicken soft taco, extra lettuce, no cheese and a pintos and cheese with no cheese) and Subway (6 inch turkey, no cheese, all the veggies and mustard).. not saying these are the most healthy or macro balanced, but they keep me personally within calories. Most fast food joints are pretty good about having nutrition calculators on their websites where you can build your meals and see how they come out. Worth taking a look!
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    @EmergencyGraphics
    If you can pick up your lunch from a grocery store they have more choices. There is a section with some pretty decent wraps or yogurt parfaits or salads. That’s my go to when travelling.
    Thanks for the advise on smoothies! It only took 1/4 banana to be able to add a ton more spinach. I don’t care for bananas, so I had never tried it. I’ve started the aqua fitness classes last week, and I’m starting to get the hang of it. I’m hoping to work up to gym equipment. It’s just not possible to keep chocolate out of the house this weekend, so I have to have a distraction. Have a great week friends!
  • irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have hit a plateau. Any suggestions on how to get kick started again?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2018
    irie4200 wrote: »

When you hit a plateau it's because of several reasons ...
    1) You have lost enough weight that your body doesn't need the same amount of food as it did, so you need to create a bigger deficit.
    AND/OR
    2) You are using less energy than you are taking in because you either a) are eating more than you think you are - so look at your weights/measures and accurate logging ... or b) you are not as active right now than you were before, which makes you lose slower.
    AND/OR
    3) You have been eating foods you usually don't have and thus are having more fluid retention ... again, look at your weights/measures and accurate logging.

Just keep making certain your calories are less than you need to maintain your current weight and you will start to lose again.

PS ...
    AND/OR
    4) Many women experience a period of bloat/fluid retention during part of the month. If this is what's going on, it will resolve itself.
  • irie4200
    Nikion901 wrote: »

1) You have lost enough weight that your body doesn't need the same amount of food as it did, so you need to create a bigger deficit.
    AND/OR
    2) You are using less energy than you are taking in because you either a) are eating more than you think you are - so look at your weights/measures and accurate logging ... or b) you are not as active right now than you were before, which makes you lose slower.
    AND/OR
    3) You have been eating foods you usually don't have and thus are having more fluid retention ... again, look at your weights/measures and accurate logging.

Just keep making certain your calories are less than you need to maintain your current weight and you will start to lose again.

PS ...
    AND/OR
    4) Many women experience a period of bloat/fluid retention during part of the month. If this is what's going on, it will resolve itself.

Thank you for your reply!! I’ve been going by what mfp calculated for me and logging religiously. Is there another way to calculate what I should be sticking to. Also can you explain what deficit means. I’ve heard it a lot but don’t really understand it
  • irie4200

AND/OR
    AND/OR

PS ...
    AND/OR

Thank you for your reply!! I’ve been going by what mfp calculated for me and logging religiously. Is there another way to calculate what I should be sticking to. Also can you explain what deficit means. I’ve heard it a lot but don’t really understand it
  • KeepGoing2018
    KeepGoing2018 Posts: 18 Member
    I hope to get know some of you! I have a lot of weight to lose, but taking it in increments. Add me if you want to help one another stay informed and motivated.
  • kakolimukherjee73
    kakolimukherjee73 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ! I am on a mission to shed 150 lbs. I don't know how (or maybe I do) or when it happened but I gained too much weight and I am at that point that it is painful, seriously hampering my quality of life and I am just sick of the excuses I make. I need to have it gone for myself, my health, my family.
    Need support - a lot of it. I have been on this roller coaster ride a bunch of times and I need it finish it for once.
    Anyone starting out or on a similar journey with advice ?
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks for the on the go dinner ideas.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    @kakolimukherjee73 Welcome to the group. I'm a newer member but I gotta say this group is great. Very active and lots of great advice. I'm on the same roller coaster as you. I would recommend just taking it one day at a time. I have found the most success by changing a few small things here an there and they turnout to equal big things in the long run.
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2018

AND/OR
    AND/OR

PS ...
    AND/OR

@irie4200 Perhaps one or both of these articles will clear it up for you ...
    I think these two links are extremely helpful and can help you get the most out of MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

The first one helps in logging accurately ... a common area to get it wrong and end up eating more than we are giving ourselves 'credit' for. The second one is a god great all around approach to slimming down and explains everything you need to know about going about either losing weight or kickstarting when you stall.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    @EmergencyGraphics - I like Chick-Fil-A 's grilled chicken wrap. It's so big I usually split it with someone, it's only around 500 calories, and you can lower the fat content by leaving the cheese off. It's very filling, and tasty too. Bonus, it's easy to eat on the run.

Sorry I've been gone so long, not easy to get on at work anymore (it's tax season, y'all). Been having problems with fluid buildup around my heart and congestion, but holding my own so far. Not going to join the Think Spring challenge since it's half over, but I will join the next one. Today is day one for tracking and logging again, my goal is to get back in the habit so I really know what I'm eating.
    Tracy
    TX
  • irie4200

AND/OR
    AND/OR

PS ...
    AND/OR

@irie4200 Perhaps one or both of these articles will clear it up for you ...
    I think these two links are extremely helpful and can help you get the most out of MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

The first one helps in logging accurately ... a common area to get it wrong and end up eating more than we are giving ourselves 'credit' for. The second one is a god great all around approach to slimming down and explains everything you need to know about going about either losing weight or kickstarting when you stall.
    Thank you!! Also I met with a personal trainer today for the first time and we discussed possible reasons for the plateau, she believes it is due to not eating enough. So we have a game plan and will see how that works out. I so appreciate everyone’s support and motivation. I will keep you posted
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    That's my problem I'm not eating enough I'm on 1200 calorie daily limit and still have trouble meeting that calorie goal most days.

Re-evaluating my calorie count and go up a little and try to figure out what foods I can eat that are high in calories but nutritious and healthy so I can meet my goal or stay a little under it so I can get this weight to come off.

My diet just needs a little tweaking so I can figure out what foods and calorie amounts are good for me to cause weight loss but I have to be careful with carbs I'm diabetic so I need them to stay on the lower end. And I'm thankful for this thread where like-minded people can come together for support and positive feedback and be there for each other. I'm really glad I found this thread and I look forward to what the future holds.
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Restarting MFP after a 5 month lapse. Getting back on track is harder than I thought!
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Does anyone have advice on workouts that I could do at home ( indoors since it’s raining)? I’d love to hear your favorites!

P.S. I need something simple and low intensity since I’m just starting out and don’t want to over do it at first
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest Weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 211.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 203.8 (i.e. lose 1 lb/week)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 07: 211.2 lbs (on vacation March 1-6, stayed on diet & walked & didn't binge).
    Mar 14: 209.0 lbs
    Mar 21: 207.2 lbs
    Mar 28: 206.4 lbs
    Apr 04:
    Apr 11:
    Apr 18:
    Apr 25:

Weight -/+ this week: - 0.8 lbs.
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 5.4 lbs.
    Total weight lost (since 1/3/2017): 110.6 lbs.
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2018
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

I wish there was a reasonable way to get the recommended daily amount of potassium...

I've read that "adults should be consuming 4,700 milligrams (mg) of potassium a day."

How is this possible on a low carb 1000-1200 cal/day diet? I eat spinach several times a week... but one would need 10 servings a day to get the recommended amount of potassium.

Is anyone getting enough? If so, please tell me how : )

According to the mayo clinic site:
    Low potassium symptoms may include:
    • Weakness
    • Fatigue
    • Muscle cramps
    • Constipation

How low is your potassium level in your blood? That would be a number that is part of the blood work your doctor would do once or twice a year ...
    Low potassium (hypokalemia) refers to a lower than normal potassium level in your bloodstream. ... Normally, your blood potassium level is 3.6 to 5.2 millimoles per liter (mmol/L). A very low potassium level (less than 2.5 mmol/L) can be life-threatening and requires urgent medical attention.

When I look at my potassium intake chart, I never get in all of the recommended potassium intake ...

3tllka0aedpx.jpg

... and yet my blood work, over the past 13 years, has never been outside of the 4.3 to 4.7 range. ... so I don't worry about it.

Still ... if you are, then consider these foods to include in your menus ...
    fresh fruits: bananas, cantaloupe, oranges, strawberries, kiwi, avocado, apricots
    fresh vegetables: greens, mushrooms, peas, beets, tomatoes, potatoes (with skins), yams
    Meat: beef, fish, turkey, wild salmon PS ... LOL ... wild salmon is FISH, after all :)

Also, if you are taking a diuretic, see if it is one that causes potassium loss and if it is, ask your doctor about switching to a potassium-sparing one.
  • Nikion901
    Does anyone have advice on workouts that I could do at home ( indoors since it’s raining)? I’d love to hear your favorites!

P.S. I need something simple and low intensity since I’m just starting out and don’t want to over do it at first

Take a look on youtube, also on the MFP BLOG link and then under the exercise categories.