WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    As for junk food that is in the house for others, I am lucky that DH and I don't have the same triggers, I'm not tempted by his pastries and he is not tempted by my chips. Others simply have the willpower to never have it in the house and never touch it---

... Karen

That is my house! Donuts and pastries in the House never tempt me, I don’t care for them. He wouldn’t eat a pretzel (which I can not stop eating if I have them around) if you paid him. It is a big help when only one of us is actively restricting Calories. I count myself lucky because my willpower is not big enough to resist late night pretzels if I had any to munch on around at night.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • jssue2
    jssue2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks Karen!
    I'm retired, can't donate the junk at my job, as I did use to do.

But can give it to my son to take to his job. Thanks for reminding me of that. :-)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Quick posting, wi this a.m., down .4, which for the month puts me UP .4. Grrrrr. My own fault, made some poor choices a few weeks ago and clearly, the choices haven't gotten a whole lot better, but I am going to re-commit to this program and see what I can do in the next 8 weeks. That's when our son gets married. Should be able to lose at least 8 lbs, if I am faithful to the program! That would please me.
    Machka, keeping you and hubby in my thoughts. Brilliant idea about accessing the bank account and seeing when bills have been paid. I think hubby would be kind of lost if I were to become incapacitated, but I do have a book where I write down everything that I pay online and the rest arrives in the mail in the form of a paper bill, so hopefully he'd be able to figure it out.
    We have made our final arrangements and have told our older son where to find the paperwork. I should make a sign for the front of the file cabinet that it's in, he may not be in full control of his mind. Although, he can compartmentalize quite well and put his brain into "dealing with" gear. Step 1, step 2, etc.
    Allie, good for you for looking for another job! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Sue, junk food! Well, I try to not bring it into the house to start with. I will eat it. I do buy stuff for hubby, I try to make it stuff that I'm not keen on. For instance, while I like cookies, I don't like the same ones that he likes, so I try to just buy the ones that I can live without. The other snack foods that he likes leave me cold, so that works out. Every once in awhile, I will cave while at the store and buy something that I really don't need. I do try to buy a small container of it, eat it and then let it go. I usually don't feel great after eating it, so that's good incentive to not buy it in the first place! lol That does cure me for a few months!
    Okay, this quick posting is getting to be not so quick! Congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those who need them. Hope everyone has a great day/night.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    We got it!!!
    Becca
    In shock in
    Oregon!

How exciting, it sounds like a retirement haven for you and hubby. You'll have to send pictures. I am so thrilled for you. When will be move take place?

Janetr OKC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Becca great news.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Go Becca! :drinker: <3:DB)

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Janetr - <3 Congratulations <3 Layla is absolutely beautiful! My daughter was born with black hair that turned blonde as a grew out and you could see the black hair on the tips of the blonde until I cut it!