April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to finish my training plan—a tweaked version of Hal Higdon’s Intermediate 5K. I’ve replaced an easy run and a rest day with a bike and a swim. I’ll end up at about 45m run.

My goals for the year are to set new PRs in the 5K (<29:02) and sprint tri (<2:00:34).

* March 10: O’Shenanigan’s 5K - 33:41
    April 28: MahoneySabol 5K
    All summer:
    - Lake Terramugus Tri Series
    - Cedar Lake Tri Series
    September 8: Hartford Women’s Triathlon
    September 30: Apple Harvest 5K
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Goal this month is 40km. The weather has really held me back these past two months, as well as the whole not being able to walk cuz my foot hurt so *kitten* much thing. New month new start and hopefully April is kind to us weather wise.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    This is a first for me. I get to declare my goal in the comments section. hahahaha
    I will try for 150 miles again. Half Marathon next Saturday so I am tapering this week. And who knows how much recovery I will need the week after.

OK! I did 10 miles this morning. Happy Easter everyone. And thanks @Elise4270 again for covering for me and setting this up.

Good to hear it was just absent mindedness! We'd hate to lose our fearless, all-knowing leader.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @juliet3455 @Stoshew71 @7lenny7 @WhatMeRunning. I'll hop on the computer and set it up, if someone doesn't get it before I figure it out.
    Unless I missed it, and it's posted. I vote @juliet3455 also be given privileges.

I accept if you want to add me in as a mod.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Edit to add: is there a way to move this to the challenges forum?

Let's look into it.

ETA If I have started the thread in the wrong place, I may be able to move it. But i can not see where it'd need to be moved too. Is "challenges" in the Fitness and Exercise thread, it be it elsewhere?

ETAA i see where now. I don't see that i can move it without the help of the mods. The groups home page says the challenge is found in the Fitness and Exercise thread, so there i put it. Change is good. here we shall stay. we'll be fine.

ya'll just bookmark it.

Making more work fot me....grumble grumble......lol
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ok so after MONTHS AND MONTHS AWAY.... I'm back! (Not an April Fool's joke!) Looking to do 100+ miles in April. I tore my calf at the end of September, so ran nothing in October, then I was cleared to run in November... yet spent November through February being lazy and maybe depressed (seasonal affective blows) and gaining 10 lbs and running maybe 12 miles a week on average.

@kristinegift Welcome back :) Calf injury and SAD - nasty combination. Glad to hear it is behind you. I tore mine in 2016 doing a Triathlon Brick training circuit ( Bike/Run ) 500m into the run and it kept me hobbled for 8-10 weeks. I can still feel it every once in a while ( cold weather days ) I just slooow down for a k and then can get back into my run.
    We are back in the Deepfreeze, -24C this morning, @JessicaMcb has her JaJa race today in the same miserable conditions, at least it's not Barkley Mud. Go Jess Go, be safe.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    April Running Challenge
    Goal: 80 km
    After taking a break in March I am restarting from scratch.
    Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! :)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome back @kristinegift !

Edit to add: is there a way to move this to the challenges forum?

Let's look into it.

ETA If I have started the thread in the wrong place, I may be able to move it. But i can not see where it'd need to be moved too. Is "challenges" in the Fitness and Exercise thread, it be it elsewhere?

ETAA i see where now. I don't see that i can move it without the help of the mods. The groups home page says the challenge is found in the Fitness and Exercise thread, so there i put it. Change is good. here we shall stay. we'll be fine.

ya'll just bookmark it.

Making more work fot me....grumble grumble......lol

Sucks to be you. LOL! :wink: sorry pal.

Hey! Embrace the Suck! :grin:

If you STAR the thread, you can always click on the little star and see if there are new posts and all that no matter where it is. That's what I do at least. :)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 You tricked me juuuust fine my friend xD

1/4: 11.36k -w/u and 10k race-

Race went fine beautiful weather, spring at its best. Ran with a fresh runner friend so I took it easy. On a plus side I encountered no piriformis pain! Aim for this month is 200k

Yay on the piriformis account!